Daniel Bryan Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its pretty unarguable even if you don't like him that this will hit the WWE hard, it single handedly leaves them bereft of a major face option for at least the next 6 months (if they manage to pull their act together that quickly) and in one day they've lost the most over/likeable guy on the roster.
I love the guy. But this won't hit the WWE hard. He hasn't wrestled for nearly a year, with only a few appearances since then. He hasn't been part of programming for ages, and while people were hoping for a return, a lot didn't expect it to happen.

I love the guy. But this won't hit the WWE hard. He hasn't wrestled for nearly a year, with only a few appearances since then. He hasn't been part of programming for ages, and while people were hoping for a return, a lot didn't expect it to happen.
They've not really built any faces over his time out, which they should have, likely in the hope that he'd just step back in once cleared medically.

But obviously that won't happen now so they've got... Roman (look how well that's doing)... Ambrose (who is getting buried weekly)... and then a bunch of middle order guys that won't get a look in like Ziggler.

It leaves a pretty big hole even if he hasn't wrestled for months.

They've not really built any faces over his time out, which they should have, likely in the hope that he'd just step back in once cleared medically.

But obviously that won't happen now so they've got... Roman (look how well that's doing)... Ambrose (who is getting buried weekly)... and then a bunch of middle order guys that won't get a look in like Ziggler.

It leaves a pretty big hole even if he hasn't wrestled for months.
The saviour will return soon enough. Because it will be his time. And because apple dough.

Had heard about " The American Dragon " , had never seen him before.
But i knew as soon as i saw him on NXT that he had " the x-factor "

Always thought of him as the evolution of Bob Backlund.
Will forever love him for 57 seconds to 1.05 :D

Gone too soon.

daniel-bryan-chokes-announcer-o.gif

Also TD, I lol every time you refer to the "internet fans", mate, you post videos online with your opinions on wrestling, you ARE the definition of an internet fan.

Then when am I just about the only 1 is a Roman Reigns fan?

Don't know and don't really care if it's a popular or unpopular opinion or not but I always kinda thought that Benoit's ghost/spirit/whatever was in Bryan
Weird as it is for you to put it that way but I was actually going to put in my initial post that one reason I enjoyed him so much was that his style was very much like Benoit's who is one of my favourite wrestlers ever (ignoring the whole murder thing).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that probably puts to rest any claims that it's a work. I mean he could be acting but that's pretty emotional in my opinion.

It's a massive loss for the WWE, and while I can see why he wouldn't appeal to some he was definitely a wrestler that appealed to me as a fan of technical wrestling (something that seems lost on the current WWE fan/market). I really wish the WWE had let him use more of his technical moveset rather than turning him into a bulked up little guy with a strike finisher.

I think its pretty unarguable even if you don't like him that this will hit the WWE hard, it single handedly leaves them bereft of a major face option for at least the next 6 months (if they manage to pull their act together that quickly) and in one day they've lost the most over/likeable guy on the roster.

Thanks for the great matches D-Bry, one of those rare moments where a little guy gets by the McMahons and shows it's not all about muscled up roid heads to us.

It's sad to see him go, but he's been gone for the better part of two years. I doubt the WWE really perceives this as something that will hurt them or ruin their plans, because he hadn't been on TV in so long and wouldn't have featured in their plans regardless. Even when he did make his comeback the last time, it was clear he wasn't their pick to be the top face; Reigns was.

So turns out he'd been having post-concussion seizures for a long time but had been hiding them. The test he did revealed a lesion in the area of his brain that would cause seizures. So probably not a bad thing that the call was made that he should retire. Think Bryan is probably one of those guys who needs saving form himself.

So turns out he'd been having post-concussion seizures for a long time but had been hiding them. The test he did revealed a lesion in the area of his brain that would cause seizures. So probably not a bad thing that the call was made that he should retire. Think Bryan is probably one of those guys who needs saving form himself.
Shiiiiiiit. Thats heavy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back