Roast Daniel Chick has his say - Get better Smothered06 : Refer p45

You were a fantastic player Chicky, loved how you played at Hawthorn and I was rapt when you agreed to be traded to West Coast. You were one of my favourites and my son proudly asked for the No.17 on his jumper when I bought him one.

A few weeks ago you (or a mate of yours) aggressively demanded that posts on BigFooty about your past indiscretions were removed as disparaging comments about you were apparently affecting your employment prospects. Boohoo.

The truth is, the actions of yourself and a few other Eagles players severely tarnished the image and reputation of the club you represented. Damage that the club has since worked incredibly hard to repair and rebuild the clubs reputation within the AFL but despite their best efforts the stain from that 2005-07 era has never been completely washed off.

This year, the current incarnation of the Eagles have worked their arses off and as a result find themselves 3 days out from a Grand Final appearance playing an exciting brand of footy that is a pleasure to watch. The playing group have done this without a whiff of controversy and are arguably the most respected / liked group we have had in our history.

So what do you do? On the eve of the GF you enable a front page story in the Herald Sun dredging up our dark 2006 history. I'm not sure how this helps your employment prospects you were recently so concerned about that you wanted posts on an obscure football forum removed because it's much better having your exploits splashed across the national media but maybe you know better.

Hopefully you got paid a shitload for providing such welcome ammunition for the Victorian press to again have a crack at the club just when they were on the cusp of restoring the image you did so much to damage a decade ago.

So from a fan, just quietly, go * yourself with a giant rusty spike.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
The finger he had amputated must be floating around in his brain

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember hearing him on the radio after the Eagles decided to not renew his contract. He couldn't understand why the Eagles wouldn't renew because he was keen to play on. Hmmm, I wonder..........

174174_16f1ae89b51b953ff699e0eb4381b0a7.png
[/ATTACH]
Tease.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Are his posts still bumped?

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Another way of looking at it, is that this is likely the end of the saga.

There's no way this can be rehashed again after this. No one at all will care.

Win or lose, this latest surfacing represents a curious look back at how far we've come, and the closing of the book that was the 2000s.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
M16 FF 4. Is that in AFL members? Seems to be right on the border. Taking a texta and writing DOG on that seat Saturday if it is in the public area.

Don't put it upside down or he might think you wrote GOD

He bumped threads about him from a decade ago. Hated pantskyle IIRC
There were redeeming factors, sure, but still acted like a dog in the media all the while threatening mods on BigFooty over a past player thread that praised him in 90% of posts.

Back