Roast Daniel Chick has his say - Get better Smothered06 : Refer p45

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I could hear someone yelling "Hellooooooo!" from the bottom of a well.

detroit-manhole-storyjpg-21725bbc1d83c7c1.jpg

What I'm wondering is how much damage has it done to the WC team before the GF. There might not be any but there's a distinct possibility. And Rita will probably get a bonus for this.
Pissed me off having to sit at the MCG and look at all the Herald ads saying we're for Victoria. Tell us something we don't know campaigners.

where is danny now?

fyi danny, you brought this to yourself.i do hope now wce does its due diligence and make sure you and the hun are taught a lesson.
Like I think Keys said before... that will just prove to everyone that we are what he said we are - a club that doesn't care about its players.

Either help him get his life back on track or don't bother with him. No one is helped by going after him for revenge, least of all us considering the guy clearly has issues (that he seems unwilling to take responsibility for).

Pissed me off having to sit at the MCG and look at all the Herald ads saying we're for Victoria. Tell us something we don't know campaigners.
They are for making money. They just suck up to Victoria cos it's where they make their money. There are papers in Perth owned by the same corporation that do the same.

They are for making money. They just suck up to Victoria cos it's where they make their money. There are papers in Perth owned by the same corporation that do the same.
Absolutely. Not sure the Afl should allow it on the national games biggest day.

Like I think Keys said before... that will just prove to everyone that we are what he said we are - a club that doesn't care about its players.

Either help him get his life back on track or don't bother with him. No one is helped by going after him for revenge, least of all us considering the guy clearly has issues (that he seems unwilling to take responsibility for).
should sue the both of them and donate the money into drug awareness programs and charities

should sue the both of them and donate the money into drug awareness programs and charities
No, he's a recovering addict, are we surprised that he is making bad decisions? If it is true that the Eagles didn't offer any support in his recovery, whereas they did for others, then that was probably dropping the ball. The club has to wear some responsibility for the mayhem that occurred during that time, even though the players themselves are ultimately responsible for their own behaviour. Help him out, it's not like they are short on money.

No, he's a recovering addict, are we surprised that he is making bad decisions? If it is true that the Eagles didn't offer any support in his recovery, whereas they did for others, then that was probably dropping the ball. The club has to wear some responsibility for the mayhem that occurred during that time, even though the players themselves are ultimately responsible for their own behaviour. Help him out, it's not like they are short on money.

Spot on. You should have heard how hard it was for him to get his throat fixed. AFLPA had to step in to get it done because the club wasn't forthcoming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have had as much impact on the result as I did yelling from the top deck of the Olympic Stand.

Edit: In your opinion

I have absolutely no doubt what this article was designed to do.
If it affects the preparation or even 1 player then its had an impact

What other reason would the timing of such a article be of any value ?

Personally I think it had some impact. There were 2 games this year where we played like subconsciously we actually wanted to lose, the GF and the Gold Coast game. Maybe its nothing but both came immediately after big stories that threw the clubs integrity under the bus. The Gold Coast game came on the back of a week of negative press over Adam Goodes getting booed like he did every week and the Vic media trying to make out we're the ugly racist club of the competition. Players had to do press during that week to defend our honour, just as many had to speak out about Chick during GF week.

No distraction is ever an excuse. But it was a distraction, and when your club gets a massive knock on it like those 2 weeks of course players feel it and its negative energy hanging around thats disruptive.

In the clubs defense, how do you help someone who lies to your face and denied any rumours floating around about drugs or anything else. Then how long after they leave the club do you need to look out for there wellbeing.

Spot on. You should have heard how hard it was for him to get his throat fixed. AFLPA had to step in to get it done because the club wasn't forthcoming.
Good on em , I wouldnt wanna fix someones throat that sucks a crack pipe , especially if his athma was as bad as he says it was . Maybe like all crack heads they blow their dough and tell lies and try to get others to pay . they would sell their grandmother , mother and sister . believe me I know . I wouldnt believe a word he says

I am definitely in the Chick is a complete knob camp but is his conduct really much worse than the "plausible deniability" experts in our clubs hierarchy that claimed they were unaware of the out of control drug culture in the mid 2000's.

FFS pretty much everyone in Perth had a fair idea they were on all sorts of gear. It was certainty well known in the private school connected group which is fairly large.

How Nisbett and John (Are you taking drugs Ben? No John. Good, now about Brisbane on Saturday ......) escaped further scrutiny is beyond belief. Volkswagen CEO steps down because engineers install emission defeating software. Software was developed before his time and he steps down saying he as CEO must take responsibility.

Any hierarchy at WC step down even after being in charge during the darkest days of our club? No.

Fair enough to demand Chick man up and accept responsibility for actions, but how about demanding the same from Nisbett, Worsfold etc. Funny how Karl Langdon doesn't demand the same amount of accountability from everyone.

Now Freo gets Bennell for a bucket of old chips because according to Nisbett, we have no interest. Thanks to Nisbett & Co we have to pass apparently.

Wouldn't trade 2006 for many things, but to quote an ad "why couldn't we have both". Clean up the drug problem circa 2003/4 & 2 premierships would have been offer.

Mainy a couple of times from memory was smoking dope . Heard Kerr had fake prescriptions , is that right ? Both of them while playing . Cousins suspended for a year . looking how their life turned out I can see exactly why Bennell is not on our radar . Get it in your head , just like minesites we dont want these morons on our list .

R
What I'm wondering is how much damage has it done to the WC team before the GF. There might not be any but there's a distinct possibility. And Rita will probably get a bonus for this.
Rita is tight with Hawthorn....real tight.

**** that...dude did this all himself

Now Freo gets Bennell for a bucket of old chips because according to Nisbett, we have no interest. Thanks to Nisbett & Co we have to pass apparently.

Wouldn't trade 2006 for many things, but to quote an ad "why couldn't we have both". Clean up the drug problem circa 2003/4 & 2 premierships would have been offer.
That's too simplistic a view to think you can just clean up the drug problem in certain people's lives. They have to want to be helped and I'm not sure Bennell is in that category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back