Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
It was bought up in the non-Bulldogs thread but Cross is retiring at the end of the year because Melbourne aren't offering him a new contract. I for one would love to give him a slap on the back and remember how much of a warrior he was throughout his career and how he set the standard on the training track.

Cross is a gun, and will always be considered a Son of the Scray. Bulldog through and through. Love him, his work ethic and his selfless nature.

Gun bloke and footballer,. Terrible watching him battle away in that team. Tough, courageous and did everything that was asked of him. A true Bulldog through and through.
Congrats on a great career Crossy and welcome back to the kennel.

Him and Gilbs were my two favorites from our 08-10 team. He was a gun. Especially in 2010.

Really underrated mark. Him and Boyd set the clubs standards.

Apparently been offered a role at Melbourne in some capacity.
Was part of the deal when he initially signed - sports science gig.

Incredibly disappointed that he's been forced out again.

Apparently been offered a role at Melbourne in some capacity.
Glad to hear. I would have thought he could offer them something on the field ahead of hacks like Matt Jones. Oh well, their youth is pushing up and that is good for them. I hope he has a long career around footy!

Because Boyd and Murph have shown more heart, courage and hardness than the entire melbourne team

Well yeah, but as a senior coach of that team should he be pointing that out? Have to wonder how invested he really is in the job

Shame he didn't make 250.

They should rookie him and give him his other job concurrently. Bet you he will do them good in that kind of set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the USA teams are able to sign a player to a 1 day contract so that they can retire at their original team, as there is so much player movement amongst teams with free agency.

I wish we could do the same with Daniel Cross.
sign him for the grand final? haha

Shocked that he was pushed out. Still one of the best players on their list and one of the few who consistently tries even when they are losing.

Legend. Glad that the Dees gave him the chance to do what he loves doing, even if it was only for a couple of seasons.
Roos said it perfectly in his speech on the Dees site - "If you want to model your career on someone - there he is"

Great career Crossy, you are one player that could ultimately be satisfied with what you achieved with the ability you had. Brave, non-stop endurance, good overhead, never gave up.
Very under rated by other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back