Daniel Giansiracusa #13 THANK YOU!

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the plan.... that he was going to move into an assistant's role at the Dogs after this year. That was always the plan.

Never been a great fan of Gia but he has been a good servant so I wish him the best

And disagree with moving him to coaching, all he has known is the bulldogs forward line and let's be honest it hasn't been that great so he should be moving to another club to expand his knowledge base

And that isn't a Gia opinion, I think all coaches should see multiple clubs to learn

never forget that bump on Kozi, working people under the ball and setting up or scoring was his forte, always about the team, team first, they make the best coaches, so glad we've got him for next year. Thanks Gia for being a Bulldog and staying one.

I'm surprised no one has done a GIF yet of BTC and Guido combining for the alley oop goal.

I don't think you'll see something like that ever again.

Gotta love the Michael Jordan "shrug" as well.

I've got a good gia story, I'm from Tasmania so don't see footballers out and about. Last October me and my fiancée were off to bali, and we'd gotten hold of some cheap business class seats with Virgin. We boarded the plane as did everyone else, only to be delayed. Being in business class the attendant came to us and let us keno that we were waiting on one group who had checked in but hadn't yet boarded.... We waited and waited. After what seemed like forever our across the Tarmac walked the giansiracusa family! Needless to say I was pumped that gia was in my flight and said g'day and had a small chat inside the Denpasar terminal.

Congrats on a fantastic career gia, never been more confident in anyone with ball in hand shooting for goal, so reliable and such a dedicated clubman.
Hope he slots a few on Sunday!

Never been a great fan of Gia but he has been a good servant so I wish him the best

And disagree with moving him to coaching, all he has known is the bulldogs forward line and let's be honest it hasn't been that great so he should be moving to another club to expand his knowledge base

And that isn't a Gia opinion, I think all coaches should see multiple clubs to learn

All he knows is the bulldogs forward line? God you are always so misinformed.

You do know Gia has been helping out TAC clubs for a few years now. His done to help him with his coaching which is something he has wanted to do for a while now.

Proof that you don't have to be insanely gifted, just very clever with a deep understanding of the game. Well Done Gia!
Spot on.

For me Gia epitomizes the definition of a good, basic footballer. Does nothing that flash but consistently does the right things and gets to the right areas. Very reliable in front of goal too which is the trait that our poor goal kicking club will miss most.

To be honest I haven't been Gia's biggest fan (definitely not a Gia hater and far from a sceptic) over the journey. Whilst a lot of the Gia bashing gets over top, I still think there has been a bit of evidence to suggest that's it's not all untrue.

That said it's been a career that both he and all bulldogs people should be very proud off.

I agree on this one. Prefer to see players learn elsewhere and gather knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live 5 hours away and it can be a pain in the arse getting to all the bloody Bulldogs 4.40 Sunday games (thanks AFL!!!), but there's no way in hell the Mrs and I were gonna miss this one. If Gia does a goodbye lap around the ground there's a fair chance I'll lose the Mrs. :D

Well done Gia, I've never doubted or criticised you for a second, you've been an absolute champion of the club on the field, and will definitely make in impact off field as well in the years to come.

Congrats on a fantastic career. Has easily been our most reliable forward for many years now, guys like him are not easy to replace. Was never a star but easily above the level of your average footballer.

Let's not forget he's effectively been coaching the young forwards for a year or two now, I'm sure it's no coincidence that guys like Hrovat, Hunter and even Dahlhaus have achieved what they have to date at such an age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Gia on being a local product who stayed with the local club. You have been a seriously underrated player not only by other teams supporters but also our own.
One of the smartest players I have seen at the Dogs. Hawk, Scotty West and Scott Wynd had great footy IQs so have you.
Have a great retirement and thank you for all the great memories.

Isn't it scary that in a couple of years we'll be without Boyd, Cross, Gia and likely Murphy and Morris...Changing of the guard.

Can we sign them all up as assistant coaches so when Bonti, Stringer, Macrae and co. lead us to a premiership, they can all have a part in it?

Isn't it scary that in a couple of years we'll be without Boyd, Cross, Gia and likely Murphy and Morris...Changing of the guard.

Can we sign them all up as assistant coaches so when Bonti, Stringer, Macrae and co. lead us to a premiership, they can all have a part in it?
What they've already done for the club makes them just as much a part of any future success, even if they don't receive a premiership medal :)

What they've already done for the club makes them just as much a part of any future success, even if they don't receive a premiership medal :)

True enough...Although I'd like to picture in my head that (And it better be when, not if) they win one there'll be a scene reminiscent of the concluding Star Wars scene where the ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda are looking proudly at Luke. Except it would be Brad Johnson, Chris Grant and one other Bulldog of choice looking proudly over the 'pups' and what they've accomplished.

True enough...Although I'd like to picture in my head that (And it better be when, not if) they win one there'll be a scene reminiscent of the concluding Star Wars scene where the ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda are looking proudly at Luke. Except it would be Brad Johnson, Chris Grant and one other Bulldog of choice looking proudly over the 'pups' and what they've accomplished.
Has to be Teddy... has to be

Charlie for mine.
CHarlie is a great man no doubt

Teddy was part of the 1954 premiership. So do we go with that or somebody else?
WHich is why i think it is appropriate. The passing of the baton, the draught laid to rest, linking the past with the future, passing on the flame... um, that's it i'm all out of cheese lol

"Half man, half cappuccino". A great player in what was a great side. Another one unlucky to miss out on the biggest stage.

Have I run into you at the Inglewood Hotel? I watch as many Bulldogs games there as possible, since the pub is home base for WA supporters. Every time Gia gets a goal I have a spiel: "Dan Gian the Cappuccino Man, half man, half chocolate. Smooooth."

Congrats Gia, great player over the journey, all the best for the next phase, which hopefully involves coaching the Dogs...

now bugger off, so I don't have to watch my wife drooling all over pictures of you in the club magazine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back