Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
It's a bit of a strange one. He was a no-show on the track at the open training session as far as I'm aware, he didn't play in the intra-club game, he isn't in the squad for this week, yet he hasn't ever been named in the injury list either. Was hearing really good things about him up until about 6 weeks ago, but nothing since.
Yeah, I'm confused. Just seems to have dissapeared

It's a bit of a strange one. He was a no-show on the track at the open training session as far as I'm aware, he didn't play in the intra-club game, he isn't in the squad for this week, yet he hasn't ever been named in the injury list either. Was hearing really good things about him up until about 6 weeks ago, but nothing since.

Yeah, I'm confused. Just seems to have dissapeared

Worth a tweet to Luke Holmesby?

Perhaps we get walshystkfc on the case.........

Update
image.jpg

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
Dan was named in Sandringham's best against the Northern Blues. it seems he's gotten over his migraines and hopefully he'll be able to play some games early still

From Huddo's VFL report:

There isn’t much of him but Daniel really cracked in on the weekend. He’s lightly built but that didn’t stop him burrowing in and laying seven tackles for the game. Daniel coped with the pace of the game fine playing on the wing and half-back, for him it will be just about getting used to the bigger bodies.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dmac to make his debut against the Dons in Round 5 2015

DANIEL McKenzie will debut on Sunday against Essendon.

The 18-year-old will be the fourth Saint to make their debut in 2015, following Jack Lonie and Jack Sinclair in round one and Paddy McCartin in round three.

He will also be the 18th player to debut since the start of 2013 and the ninth since round one, 2014 - demonstrating the club’s on-field regeneration and groundswell of young talent.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-05-01/dmac-gets-the-nod

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
924662-3b8a2862-f060-11e4-845d-5939ce041631.jpg

AT first glance you wouldn’t expect the shy, quietly-spoken son of two maths teachers to be an aggressive athlete on the footy field.

But that’s exactly what St Kilda has got on its hands six months after taking Daniel McKenzie with pick 22 in the 2014 national draft.

The 18-year-old will become Alan Richardson’s ninth debutant when he plays his much-anticipated first AFL game against Essendon at Etihad Stadium today.

McKenzie has turned heads at Sandringham in the early part of the VFL season, blending athleticism with aggression to such a level it became impossible not to pick him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...m-and-aggression/story-e6frf3e3-1227331925248

Pretty good follow up game as well!

Round 6 stats vs Doggies @ Etihad
19 disposals
78% DE
4 marks
4 tackles
1/1 FF/FA
TOG: 78%

a good game from Dan, despite a few mistakes had a great game for a 3rd gamer, showed speed, disposal, composure. Great things to come

Round 7 stats vs Adelaide @ Adelaide
9 disposals
78% DE
3 marks
1/2 FF/FA
1 tackle
TOG: 88%
4 clangers

bit of a reality check, struggled most of the day making a few mistakes, definitely not alone, saying that, still had a few good passages.

McKenzie on RSN:

Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was looking through the footy record from R14 and found something very interesting in Roo's pocket profile!

970KSka.jpg

I can't wait to see what the near future holds for him, he's already becoming one of my favourites.

Just a little tidbit here. On the road to the draft podcast the Dogs recruiter said McKenzie was outstanding towards the end of the year last year. Just nice to hear that from a recruiter other the our own!

Just a little tidbit here. On the road to the draft podcast the Dogs recruiter said McKenzie was outstanding towards the end of the year last year. Just nice to hear that from a recruiter other the our own!
Really hoping he is the in for Gilbert this week.

Back