Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or musicians can just realise they are no more creative and special than the rest of us and the "livin off royalties" dream is finally dead.

Or musicians can just realise they are no more creative and special than the rest of us and the "livin off royalties" dream is finally dead.
oooo kkkkkkkkko_O
So musicians dont get royalties anymore huh?

lol. just realised it's vealsey.

Awww. Did someone get kicked out a band once?

I'd reckon about 1% of published musicians could actually live off royalties.

No.

But if i have to read whiny muso shite on this board now then be prepared to read resistance to it.

Hence "the dream" is dead.

Of course royalties still exist VC. Never said they didn't.

Don't know who veasely is, sorry.

I am a new character here.

On topic, how good is Menzel's movement looking. Fapfapfap.

No.

But if i have to read whiny muso shite on this board now then be prepared to read resistance to it.

Hence "the dream" is dead.

Of course royalties still exist VC. Never said they didn't.

Don't know who veasely is, sorry.

I am a new character here.

On topic, how good is Menzel's movement looking. Fapfapfap.
Welcome.

Music royalties is way off topic anyway, so better if all concerned let that debate die (in this thread at least)

This thread is the Daniel Menzel thread, please keep posts on topic from now onwards and avoid unnecessary thread diversions, future off topic posts will be deleted and may incur infractions.

This thread is the Daniel Menzel thread, please keep posts on topic from now onwards and avoid unnecessary thread diversions, future off topic posts will be deleted and may incur infractions.
Yep apologies...didn't realise my off topic question would start a *&^@storm. :confused: ...should have known better I suppose. :$

He's pushing his luck with two, if he had a used third he'd be in emoticon jail by now.
Hey mate, have you seen the vision of Menz at our first day back at training? Geez he looks good!

Do you reckon he can have an impact in his first year back?

Hey mate, have you seen the vision of Menz at our first day back at training? Geez he looks good!

Do you reckon he can have an impact in his first year back?

He certainly looks to be in great shape, much better then I had hoped. Being involved in the goal kicking drill which had a lot of twisting and turning is a great sign. Its been more than 12 months since he had the surgery where on his past attempts he was playing at VFL level after 9 months. He's had a lot more time to get his body in good condition than in his past attempts and still has at around 3 months of more prep before the NAB cup matches.

But I don't want to put too much expectations on him, he's in a similar boat to Cowan and Vardy. I want to see them playing great football in the VFL in the first half of the year, give them time to build up so good form and be ready to hit the AFL after the mid season bye. The worst thing we could do for him is rush him back in to the seniors. I just want to see him get through a few full matches in the VFL and starts kicking a few goals. If everything goes right(and no one deserves some luck more than him) there should be nothing holding him back from playing close to a dozen games in the back end of next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, he can have an impact. The question is will he? If a few of our ducks fall into place with Menzel, Clark and the continued improvement of some of our younger players and we will have a forwardline which scares the s**t of everyone we play.
Which will be wasted if the midfield doesn't improve

I'm happy to see that Dan has been able to hit the track for the first week of preseason training and hope that things continue to improve and be positive for him from here. I really hope we do get the chance to see him running around in the hoops next year - as nervous as it will be to watch him.

And from a selfish point, hopefully we start to see a few more photos of him during preseason as it would be good to be able to update my avatar image to something slightly newer.

I'm happy to see that Dan has been able to hit the track for the first week of preseason training and hope that things continue to improve and be positive for him from here. I really hope we do get the chance to see him running around in the hoops next year - as nervous as it will be to watch him.

And from a selfish point, hopefully we start to see a few more photos of him during preseason as it would be good to be able to update my avatar image to something slightly newer.

There's the new photo which is half of my avatar that's a beauty! :)

Would have to go down as one of the greatest football story's of determination and come back from adversity in this generation. His training run the other day was remarkable
From that article, here we go again :rolleyes:

Geelong is in excellent shape with its senior players to return in coming weeks, with few major surgeries to delay pre-season programs.

Goodo, who and how long?

Well, well, well, here we go again the guessing game, I thought Balme was leaving!..... Let me guess, Vardy, Simpson and or Hmac, would not surprise to begin with.
At least it's not Menzel. May have had plenty to do with the Stanley recruitment.

Last edited:
Would have to go down as one of the greatest football story's of determination and come back from adversity in this generation. His training run the other day was remarkable

Well, well, well, here we go again the guessing game, I thought Balme was leaving!..... Let me guess, Vardy, Simpson and or Hmac, would not surprise to begin with.
At least it's not Menzel. May have had plenty to do with the Stanley recruitment.
Selwood and Johnson. However both are delaying surgery so they can play in the international rules series.

Maybe I'm reading this differently to those who have posted above, but the article says "with few major surgeries" not "with A few major surgeries" - so I take it to mean that we won't see too many disruptions to senior players who are out during the preseason with issues.
We know that McIntosh had surgery during the finals and not sure if he has had to have any more; Simpson's preseason is delayed due to his back surgery; I thought I read that Kelly had surgery (or I am making that up).
I just think from that line in the article that at this stage we won't see to many surprises with players out or late starts with surgery compared to those we already know about - but what happens as the preseason progresses is anyones guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back