Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno mate... didn't Hirdy coach some kids teams.. I mean he has 3 ANZAC medals don't forget
I assist the coaching of my son's Under 9s team. I may be lacking three of those medals compared to Hirdy, but I make up for it in credibility. That flog has none, so whatever he did doesn't count for s**t anymore.

Yeah but do those kids get drug tested ?

;)
Jeez one year with Hirdy and those kids would resemble the East German Olympic team:D

Jeez one year with Hirdy and those kids would resemble the East German Olympic team:D
The Prahan under 12s are an intimidating bunch

93iOxgwttlz1Cr1nyLPD6CDxH3O3AX6wDxPTLz0MjsaBR3s1rPMQx-wYZ0ji45JaCTSOs26jxVvl4_k20eN1tOGw3nTQURjUJ3zsD0pPkROpI0aNzCy5jkGIahMdm7Z3ZAM=w404-h250-nc

The best coffee comes from fresh beans, recently roasted. If you "process" them a little they might still be good for plunger. If you process them a lot they are ok for instant. But they won't be as good as the original.

(Are we still talking about Menzel??)
I prefer to think of Menzel as a good wine that is going to be all the better for a few years of being laid down (or up?) in the cellar....

I prefer to think of Menzel as a good wine that is going to be all the better for a few years of being laid down (or up?) in the cellar....
You've walked into a "corked" metaphor there TC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can be easy to lose sight of why we've hung on to him. Menzel has all the tools to be a dynamic, damaging top line mid-size forward and we have a vacancy in that area. Whether he can still do what he could remains to be seen, but if he can, it's worth the trip.
Here is where I really see the problem. I can't for the life of me imagine he will be able to run, jump, turn, spring, pivot etc, the way he used to be able to, or the way he must be able to, in order to be a dynamic, damaging top line mid-sized forward.

He had those tools, but they are now too badly broken.

Here is where I really see the problem. I can't for the life of me imagine he will be able to run, jump, turn, spring, pivot etc, the way he used to be able to, or the way he must be able to, in order to be a dynamic, damaging top line mid-sized forward.

I'm worried about that too.
Obviously they make him do changing direction stuff in rehab but he will never be able to naturally do it again as good as he could before.
I just want to see him get back of course then see how he goes in the VFL & how he moves.
Those glimpses in the pre-season training videos made me feel a bit better with him running, bending down, picking the ball up & giving a handpass away. Also that one where he stepped a bit then kicked a snap goal on the run but you could tell he was really focusing on not stepping too much.

Vision of him kicking goals across his body at training before the season started whilst running at pace.

This was before the hammy issue arose.

The knee is not the issue here at the moment.

Go Catters

I think it will also be more of a mental issue as well as a physical one which might prevent him in being as dynamic as he was.
the mental scares will be the biggest hurtle to overcome.

I do miss him through he was great to watch and I want to see him play again, I will be cheering him on the loudest when he does.

Vision of him kicking goals across his body at training before the season started whilst running at pace.

This was before the hammy issue arose.

The knee is not the issue here at the moment.

Go Catters
What he can do at 'pace' in a training session with no pressure doesn't unfortunately give any real indication of what he can do in the heat of an actual game though mate

What he can do at 'pace' in a training session with no pressure doesn't unfortunately give any real indication of what he can do in the heat of an actual game though mate

Totally. It was a non contact drill. I was responding to the statement that all he can basically do is walk in a straight line. And his issue right now is a hammy strain which is not unreasonable given his time out of the game and the rehab he's undergone.

Im not saying he is gonna make it back, but at least people can deal in some facts.

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back