Rumour Daniel Rich open to leaving the Lions... next year

Remove this Banner Ad

I see your point, but its pretty obvious that question leads to which players want to be there. If you're getting caught up over the wording of a question it probably speaks more of your negative feelings toward the subject matter rather than the question itself. All I see is Lions fans still anxious over players wanting out after so many have already left. Getting defensive about the issue doesn't change the reality either, which is that more then half your list doesn't want to be there. It is what it is.

Please tell me the names of current Brisbane Lions players that don't want to be at the club, which is supposedly more than half of our list? Your question was poorly worded and plenty of other posters have said the exact same thing along the lines of 'does anyone even want to be at that club' etc etc but meant it in a much more insolent way. So yes, it does make us a bit anxious.

It's a stretch to add any players who *may* join to that list. Happy with those 14 though. Much better then most people think

It called "building for the future". Schache ("it will "be cool" to be with the Lions / father played for the club in the 80s), Keays (from a Fitzroy / Brisbane Lions supporting family and a Queenslander) and Hipwood (Queenslander) will almost certainly be with the Lions next year. Whitecross did a medical with the Lions today. Bastinac is a big chance to join as well.

All I see is Lions fans still anxious over players wanting out after so many have already left.

When you've got 80% of your playing list from outside Queensland (more than any other club other than the Swans, Giants, Suns), Lions supporters are always nervous about players wanting to go "home".

Last edited:

Please tell me the names of current Brisbane Lions players that don't want to be at the club, which is supposedly more than half of our list? Your question was poorly worded and plenty of other posters have said the exact same thing along the lines of 'does anyone even want to be at that club' etc etc but meant it in a much more insolent way. So yes, it does make us a bit anxious.

Aish, Green, Bewick, Rich, Hanley, Martin, West, Zorko, Clayton, Watts, Merett, Paparone, Leunberger, Mcrgrath, Redden, Andrews, Mayes, Close, Lester, Paine, Clarke, McGuiness

If you have any arguments with this refer to Roylion as I'm taking his word for it as he seems very reliable and in the know. Or do you disagree with him too?

Aish, Green, Bewick, Rich, Hanley, Martin, West, Zorko, Clayton, Watts, Merett, Paparone, Leunberger, Mcrgrath, Redden, Andrews, Mayes, Close, Lester, Paine, Clarke, McGuiness

Aish (very likely gone), Green (staying), Bewick (may be delisted), Rich (staying), Hanley (staying), Martin (staying), West (staying), Zorko (staying), Clayton (staying - Brisbane supporter / Queenslander / father-son), Watts (re-signed), Merett (staying), Paparone (re-signed), Leunberger (gone), Mcrgrath (staying), Redden (gone), Andrews (re-signed), Mayes (staying for 2016 at least), Close (staying), Lester (staying), Paine (may be delisted), Clarke (re-signed), McGuiness (staying).

So Redden, Aish, Leuenberger.

If you have any arguments with this refer to Roylion as I'm taking his word for it as he seems very reliable and in the know. Or do you disagree with him too?
lol

just lol

Aish (very likely gone), Green (staying), Bewick (may be delisted), Rich (staying), Hanley (staying), Martin (staying), West (staying), Zorko (staying), Clayton (staying - Brisbane supporter / Queenslander / father-son), Watts (re-signed), Merett (staying), Paparone (re-signed), Leunberger (gone), Mcrgrath (staying), Redden (gone), Andrews (re-signed), Mayes (staying for 2016 at least), Close (staying), Lester (staying), Paine (may be delisted), Clarke (re-signed), McGuiness (staying).

So Redden, Aish, Leuenberger.

So your original list was bogus as it didn't include any of the players mentioned above. You've gone from 9, to 19 (including the players who *may* sign), to now all players on the list bar 3. I wonder what the next change will be? Looks like I was wrong to say you were reliable.

And since when does staying for the time being mean "wants to be there"?

Not sure where RoyLion has gotten his info from.

Aish: Gone
Green: Staying
Bewick: Possibly delisted
Rich: I'm pretty positive he'll stay, would be a bigger loss than we can afford.
Hanley: He signed a 5 year contract in 2013.
Martin: Staying, if we leaves he'll be retiring altogether from the AFL. Pretty common knowledge.
West: Staying
Zorko: Staying. Loves the club.
Clayton: Staying, wouldn't get picked up anywhere else based of what he has shown so far.
Watts: Re-Signed
Merrett: Staying
Paparone: Re-Signed
Leuy: Gone. In everyone's best interests though.
McGrath: Staying
Redden: Already been traded but would be behind Rich, Rockliff, Beams, Robinson etc etc
Andrews: Re-signed. Queensland boy, not going anywhere.
Mayes: Some rumors about him potentially departing next year. I think he'll stay.
Close: Signed a 3 year deal in 2014.
Lester: Potential as an inside mid. Behind in the pecking order though. Screams Jobe Watson/JPK type to me. May leave down the track for opportunities.
Paine: Contracted for next year, injured this year. Wouldn't get a gig anywhere else.
Clarke: Loves the club. Not going anywhere. Contracted until 2016.
McGuiness: Inconsistent as reserves level by showed signs late in the year. Hasn't shown enough to attract interest.

Not sure where this supposed info has come from?

So you're saying your original list was bogus as it didn't include any of the players mentioned above. You've gone from 9, to 19 (including the players who *may* sign), to now all players on the list bar 3. I wonder what the next change will be? Maybe I was wrong to say you were reliable.

I don't really care whether you think I'm "reliable" or not. I'm telling you what the situation is, with the players YOU named.

I'm not a mind reader about what every Brisbane Lions player might or might not do in the future. I'm telling you the situation as it is now. You can put whatever spin you like on it. Sounds to me that your comments have some sort of agenda in denigrating Brisbane.

So your original list was bogus as it didn't include any of the players mentioned above. You've gone from 9, to 19 (including the players who *may* sign), to now all players on the list bar 3. I wonder what the next change will be? Looks like I was wrong to say you were reliable.

If you actually go through his list you'll find that the players he's mentioned are the player's that have come in or are rumored to be joining the Lions in the last 3 years

Not sure where RoyLion has gotten his info from.

Aish: Gone
Green: Staying
Bewick: Possibly delisted
Rich: I'm pretty positive he'll stay, would be a bigger loss than we can afford.
Hanley: He signed a 5 year contract in 2013.
Martin: Staying, if we leaves he'll be retiring altogether from the AFL. Pretty common knowledge.
West: Staying
Zorko: Staying. Loves the club.
Clayton: Staying, wouldn't get picked up anywhere else based of what he has shown so far.
Watts: Re-Signed
Merrett: Staying
Paparone: Re-Signed
Leuy: Gone. In everyone's best interests though.
McGrath: Staying
Redden: Already been traded but would be behind Rich, Rockliff, Beams, Robinson etc etc
Andrews: Re-signed. Queensland boy, not going anywhere.
Mayes: Some rumors about him potentially departing next year. I think he'll stay.
Close: Signed a 3 year deal in 2014.
Lester: Potential as an inside mid. Behind in the pecking order though. Screams Jobe Watson/JPK type to me. May leave down the track for opportunities.
Paine: Contracted for next year, injured this year. Wouldn't get a gig anywhere else.
Clarke: Loves the club. Not going anywhere. Contracted until 2016.
McGuiness: Inconsistent as reserves level by showed signs late in the year. Hasn't shown enough to attract interest.

Not sure where this supposed info has come from?

Didn't I say most of this?

I don't really care whether you think I'm "reliable" or not. I'm telling you what the situation is, with the players YOU named.

The players I named were simply the ones who you didn't include as wanting to stay. But now you've changed your tune completely and are providing reasons why all bar 3 in this group want to stay. So why not tell it like it is right from the start instead of changing the goal posts from 9, to 19 to now all bar 3?

I'm not a mind reader about what every Brisbane Lions player might or might not do in the future. I'm telling you the situation as it is now. You can put whatever spin you like on it. Sounds to me that your comments have some sort of agenda in denigrating Brisbane.

You want to know my agenda? To bloody find out which players don't want to leave. It's that simple. Something you've proved to be incompetent in giving an answer to. How hard was it to say from the start everyone wants to stay apart from Aish, Redden and Leuy? Instead you've gone on to give 3 different answers to the number of players who want to stay and caused all this bulldust for no reason at all.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players I named were simply the ones who you didn't include as wanting to stay. But now you've changed your tune completely and are providing reasons why all bar 3 in this group want to stay. So why not tell it like it is right from the start instead of changing the goal posts from 9, to 19 to now all bar 3?

I firstly included those that had recently joined or re-signed at the club. In response to the players that you listed that apparently you then assumed didn't want to stay. I included their current status in relation to the club. Read into it what you want. Bottom line is plenty of Lions players want to stay. In fact... stay tuned for some more current player re-signings / contract extensions pretty soon.

You want to know my agenda? To bloody find out which players don't want to leave. It's that simple.

Well now you know.

Something you've proved to be incompetent in giving an answer to. How hard was it to say from the start everyone wants to stay apart from Aish, Redden and Leuy? Instead you've gone on to give 3 different answers to the number of players who want to stay and caused all this bulldust for no reason at all.

See above.

List 1: Those players who have recently extended contracts and re-signed.
List 2: Updates on the current status of other players YOU listed.

Surely it's not very difficult to understand that.

So your telling me dan rich is gone in 2 years time.
I'm telling you that a lot can change in a short amount of time. If we get to the start of the 2016 season and Rich still hasn't put pen to paper then it's probably a sign that he's at least exploring his options. I'd imagine the Lions would want him signed up ASAP but of course his manager will be telling him to delay the signature so he can see what else is out there.

I firstly included those that had recently joined or re-signed at the club. In response to the players that you listed that apparently you then assumed didn't want to stay. I included their current status in relation to the club. Read into it what you want. Bottom line is plenty of Lions players want to stay. In fact... stay tuned for some more current player re-signings / contract extensions pretty soon.

Well now you know.

See above.

List 1: Those players who have recently extended contracts and re-signed.
List 2: Updates on the current status of other players YOU listed.

Surely it's not very difficult to understand that.

Good lord. I'll cut straight to the point here which is something you haven't been able to do.

You could have easily answered my query in 1 post and eliminated all this jargon. In fact in 1 line of 1 post. "Every player wants to stay apart from Aish, Redden and Leuy". How hard was that?

Instead what you've done is like going from Sydney to Brisbane via Perth.

I'm telling you that a lot can change in a short amount of time. If we get to the start of the 2016 season and Rich still hasn't put pen to paper then it's probably a sign that he's at least exploring his options. I'd imagine the Lions would want him signed up ASAP but of course his manager will be telling him to delay the signature so he can see what else is out there.

Plus it doesn't sound like anyone would be too happy at that club.

Good lord. I'll cut straight to the point here which is something you haven't been able to do.

You could have easily answered my query in 1 post and eliminated all this jargon. In fact in 1 line of 1 post. "Every player wants to stay apart from Aish, Redden and Leuy". How hard was that?

Instead what you've done is like going from Sydney to Brisbane via Perth.
Shouldn't have asked the question if you didn't want a proper answer son.

?

I clearly wanted a proper answer. But a proper answer has everything up front and doesn't get changed 3 times along the way
What got changed? Wasn't it two different posters that replied?

Nevertheless I think it's pretty clear you've been drawn into a conversation you had no intention of having after your off hand insult about the club. Enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back