Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24837257/danks-appeal-dismissed-and-he-has-to-pay/
Sport scientist Stephen Dank has lost an appeal on the dismissal of his defamation claims against the Cronulla rugby league club, its former boss and a journalist.
Dank first took legal action against the NRL club, its chairman Damian Irvine, News Corp Australia journalist Phil Rothfield, the Nine Network and two of its presenters in April last year.
It came following allegations, reported by Mr Rothfield and the Nine Network in March, that Dank was injecting players with "equine substances" or "horse drugs".

Last edited by a moderator:
donate.jpg

#standbydank

Did he not hire a lawyer? And if he did, let us know who it was so nobody ever hires him again!

Not that I like lawyers much but....

If you will exclude a lawyer from your list on the basis of his past failures then you'd best hope you never need a lawyer. In simplistic terms you can expect a given shyster to lose around 50% of his cases. And the really top end ones are not stand out from the crowd in that respect. They lose around 50% of much more important cases, whereas the shitkickers just lose around 50% of ho hum cases.

And.... many more court losses can be attributed to stupid clients than stupid lawyers.

Not that I like lawyers much but....

If you will exclude a lawyer from your list on the basis of his past failures then you'd best hope you never need a lawyer. In simplistic terms you can expect a given shyster to lose around 50% of his cases. And the really top end ones are not stand out from the crowd in that respect. They lose around 50% of much more important cases, whereas the shitkickers just lose around 50% of ho hum cases.

And.... many more court losses can be attributed to stupid clients than stupid lawyers.

I think the 'Lionel Hutz, win the case or get a free pizza' might indicate his choice of lawyer could have been better.

But thats just me.....

It came following allegations, reported by Mr Rothfield and the Nine Network in March, that Dank was injecting players with "equine substances" or "horse drugs".

WTF? Football players are not horses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF? Football players are not horses!
He had a bit of a penchant for horse drugs did our dank. Alavi talked to him about this new drug in the US being used on racehorses. Reckoned they could combine it with the thymosin and AOD. Dank thought that was a top idea and suggested they give it a try on some players.

He had a bit of a penchant for horse drugs did our dank. Alavi talked to him about this new drug in the US being used on racehorses. Reckoned they could combine it with the thymosin and AOD. Dank thought that was a top idea and suggested they give it a try on some players.
Wasn't there greyhounds as well. Or am I thinking of something else?

Animal drugs is where the money is. Pump up your livestock, no malpractice concerns. And Australia a long record of being 'leading edge'. Most of this 'research' starts there.

"Salbutamol belongs to the same drug category, Beta-2 andrenergic agonist, as clenbuterol. Both drugs leave residues in meat which, when consumed by humans, can induce muscle cramps, disturbed vision and eye pain, and an irregular heartbeat, which may evolve into irreversible heart disease. Beta agonists can cause complications of pregnancy and birth defects. Occasionally the residues kill someone."

“According to Indonesian Beef Producer & Lot Feeder Association chair Dayan Antoni, during the past year there has been a spike in the use of Salbutamol in cattle feed, which enhances muscle growth and reduces fat in affected animals,” Atkinson reported. “Salbutamol is most commonly known for treating asthma, marketed as Ventolin among other brand names,” Atkinson explained. “It has also been used by body builders for fat-burning purposes.”​

We just prefer to call them "illegal food additives"

OMG, Dank's paperwork was not in order ... c a n n o t w r i t e t h i s s t u f f :D:cry::D

Just think, this is the guy Essendon's relying on not to have stuffed them up. He didn't even know in the interview last year that TB4 was WADA banned before administering it to the players as he said he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back