Dank's D-day looms....April 10th

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
the Fix is in, what does WADA think about this ?⏰?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Looks like it's "over the top" time for sure, I envisage the WADA banzhammer coming down real hard on the EFC boys. We may have had 15 months of absolutely comical incompetence but nothing is more certain than the trend of institutionalised bumbling being superseded by clinical and decisive action from the governing bodies involved:drunk:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why would it take them three months to review the case when the Dank hearing was scheduled to be heard in a much shorter timeframe? I am assuming it didn't take three months for the panel to review it, prior to their departure of course.

The Herald Sun understands the ADRVP had completed extensive background work on the AFL-NRL investigation and was given briefings as new information came to hand.

I thought that the ADRVP worked at arm's length from ASADA. I'd have thought there should be little or no communication between the parties, until after ASADA either issues a Show Cause notice or recommends an infraction. Possibly, I have misinterpreted the article.

The Scales

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
The Moral High Ground
AFL Club
Essendon
The Herald Sun understands the ADRVP had completed extensive background work on the AFL-NRL investigation and was given briefings as new information came to hand.
You are clearly an insomniac, as am I. This is going nowhere fast, but the embers are losing their heat. An additional three months is a travesty for the players left in this trap, to be contemplating their future.

Any danger that this will be finalised succinctly? Or are the likes of you enjoying letting them hang - from a perceived sense of injustice to your club?

The Scales

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
The Moral High Ground
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought that the ADRVP worked at arm's length from ASADA. I'd have thought there should be little or no communication between the parties, until after ASADA either issues a Show Cause notice or recommends an infraction. Possibly, I have misinterpreted the article.
No - I think you have hit the nail on the head, ASADA have to prove the case is worth pursuing before presenting it to the ADVRP, then it is up to the ADRVP to either uphold or dismiss individual cases. WADA have the power of veto, as I understand it.

Last edited:
Hmm. If they get it all in the one go, it might be easier to review it all. This might take less than a few months.

You are clearly an insomniac, as am I. This is going nowhere fast, but the embers are losing their heat. An additional three months is a travesty for the players left in this trap, to be contemplating their future.

Any danger that this will be finalised succinctly? Or are the likes of you enjoying letting them hang - from a perceived sense of injustice to your club?

Not normally.. jet lagged. *sigh* Going to be an interesting day at work! :)

Whilst it may seem to you that the embers are losing their heat, I doubt in reality that is the case. A three month delay... is a three month delay. And I'm not sure what you mean by "the likes of you", nor the "injustice to my club". WTF? I want this to be dealt with correctly. Succinctly would have been better for ALL concerned - nothing worse than having seasonS hijacked because of this. I have no vested interest in this other than I want to see the right thing done. I want to see those responsible punished and what little integrity there is left in our game restored. I do feel for the players but they only have themselves and their Club to blame for putting them in this situation in the first place.

Why would you think they'd have no communication? How would they do their job if they don't talk? What a bizarre thing to say. o_O

Bobby Charlton

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leicester City
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-investigation/story-fni5f6kv-1226891550713

It is now clearly blind faith to still be believing that the inaction is entirely the result of incompetence or coincidence rather than design as claimed by various posters.

How much more evidence do people need?

The now established illegality of the interim report (confirmed by the minister's recent statement on the non release of further information) now provides a credible defence for Dank et al on process. Process is a matter that is within the remit of the courts.

AD and Aurora were jointly responsible for the issue of the illegal interim report. Neither will be around to face the music. Just another coincidence to go with the lapsing of the panel members? Sure.

Last edited:

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS

Mate I agree with you. I said it last year, I said it early this year and I will say it again, this thing will drag on for a long time yet. If this was a marathon, we have not even reached half way. There is plenty to play out with the lawyers the only winners.

And meanwhile, the players continue to be fcked over. They were fcked over with this program (yeah I know they knew what they were doing was dodgy but in their minds their leaders Hird etc... convinced them all was ok and that other clubs were also doing it) and they will be fcked over once this starts to play out. And they have all this s**t hanging over them through another season.

And in the meantime, their fearless leader gets paid out for an entire year (that's a $1m payout) and a funded trip to Europe. The players are the losers in all of this.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-investigation/story-fni5f6kv-1226891550713

It is now clearly blind faith to still be believing that the inaction is entirely the result of incompetence or coincidence rather than design as claimed by various posters.

How much more evidence do people need?

The now established illegality of the interim report (confirmed by the minister's recent statement on the non release of further information) now provides a credible defence for Dank et al on process. Process is a matter that is within the remit of the courts.

AD and Aurora were jointly responsible for the issue of the illegal interim report. Neither will be around to face the music. Just another coincidence to go with the lapsing of the panel members? Sure.

Yeah,Nah

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Why would you think they'd have no communication? How would they do their job if they don't talk? What a bizarre thing to say. o_O

1/ if there was the degree of communication you are claiming
2/ would not ASADA have timed their actions to coincide with the ADRVP being in a position to act on their recommendations
3/ or is that asking to much of our bureaucratic brethren (and sisters)

1/ if there was the degree of communication you are claiming
2/ would not ASADA have timed their actions to coincide with the ADRVP being in a position to act on their recommendations
3/ or is that asking to much of our bureaucratic brethren (and sisters)

ASADA has no control over the makeup of the Panel. That is entirely the Minister's role.

Bobby Charlton

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leicester City
You and Spongebob attempted to mock me about what was termed my "conspiracy theory" and what I was "smoking" when I posted my now clearly apt concerns 10 days ago as follows:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dank-d-day-meeting-in-disarray.1057561/page-5#post-32510020
It is not credible that it could be incompetence. It looks more and more like the whole process is being deliberately impeded and changes of personnel, throughout the process, are being engineered by the establishment.....
Seems a few here (eg nineteen eighty) have now finally cottoned on to the reality. But carry on believing it's all incompetence and coincidence - and keep waiting...and waiting..

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
You and Spongebob attempted to mock me about what was termed my "conspiracy theory" and what I was "smoking" when I posted my now clearly apt concerns 10 days ago as follows:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dank-d-day-meeting-in-disarray.1057561/page-5#post-32510020

Seems a few here (eg nineteen eighty) have now finally cottoned on to the reality. But carry on believing it's all incompetence and coincidence - and keep waiting...and waiting..

Cottoned on to the reality the Interim report has been confirmed as illegal. Yeah,Nah.

I still think you need to keep smoking

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini

I didn't attempt to mock you -- I did mock you. And I said colourful conspiracy theories.

You should realise that a couple of thing:

1. the panel was not set up to deal with this, it has regular business across all signed up sports. Why would the minister deliberately interfere with all the other sports?

2. by what you are saying you are accusing the minister of official corruption by interfering with the administration of the law of the land. Should we let Mr Dutton know about this so he can explain to you why that is a naughty thing to say about him.

As with Armchair Critic, I love the new one about the interim report being declared illegal by a Minister's statement. I have not seen such a statement, nor can a minister just illegality.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS

Careful how you use my name here Bobby. Yeah it's looking likely from my perspective that something shoddy is up with what has been happening lately with the ADRV panel. Why would it happen? Assuming it's not incompetence from the government (surely those bastards aren't that incompetent) then something doesn't quite stack up. I'm getting the impression that there are machinations playing out behind the scenes.

That doesn't mean that they will succeed in getting away with it. Whilst the government may be able to make some of it go away, I still think there will be a level of action against someone(s).

Bobby Charlton

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leicester City
I didn't attempt to mock you -- I did mock you. And I said colourful conspiracy theories.

You should realise that a couple of thing:

1. the panel was not set up to deal with this, it has regular business across all signed up sports. Why would the minister deliberately interfere with all the other sports?
Yes, I'm aware that you believe it is simply coincidence that 4 of 7 panel members were allowed to lapse membership on 31 March, 10 days before possibly the most important scheduled meeting in years and a fifth member just happened to be in Morocco and the Minister was completely unaware of all this. Sure.
2. by what you are saying you are accusing the minister of official corruption by interfering with the administration of the law of the land. Should we let Mr Dutton know about this so he can explain to you why that is a naughty thing to say about him.
I see, you are saying that posters on this internet forum are not allowed to question the behaviour of government ministers. Weird.
As with Armchair Critic, I love the new one about the interim report being declared illegal by a Minister's statement. I have not seen such a statement, nor can a minister just illegality.
You must have missed the minister's spokesman's statement reported here:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...adds-two-members/story-fni5f6kv-1226886411112
“It is expected Mr Downes’ report will be provided to ASADA by the end of the month,” a spokesman for Dutton’s office said. “The report will be subject to legal privilege and will remain confidential.”

Asked if any final ASADA report would be made public, the spokesman said: “Matters being investigated in the NRL and AFL are still to be considered, and under ASADA’s legislation it can make nothing public until all matters associated with the investigation are finalised."
That's a clear unambiguous statement by the Minister's spokesman that it is illegal for ASADA to make anything at all "public" until all matters are finalised. ASADA/AFL clearly made stacks of information public in the interim report before they had completed their investigation. The minister's spokesman says such info is not allowed under ASADA's legislation. FFS they even made private and possibly incriminating text messages public. Dank, Hird et al can wipe the floor with ASADA process. The process is screwed. It is no surprise that the minister might be scuppering the whole caboodle to avoid near certain court catastrophes.[/quote]

Bobby Charlton

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leicester City
Cottoned on to the reality the Interim report has been confirmed as illegal. Yeah,Nah.

I still think you need to keep smoking
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...adds-two-members/story-fni5f6kv-1226886411112
“It is expected Mr Downes’ report will be provided to ASADA by the end of the month,” a spokesman for Dutton’s office said. “The report will be subject to legal privilege and will remain confidential.”

Asked if any final ASADA report would be made public, the spokesman said: “Matters being investigated in the NRL and AFL are still to be considered, and under ASADA’s legislation it can make nothing public until all matters associated with the investigation are finalised."
That's a clear unambiguous statement by the Minister's spokesman that it is illegal for ASADA to make anything at all "public" until all matters are finalised. ASADA/AFL clearly made stacks of information public in the interim report before they had completed their investigation. The minister's spokesman says such info is not allowed under ASADA's legislation. FFS they even made private and possibly incriminating text messages public. Dank, Hird et al can wipe the floor with ASADA process. The process is screwed. It is no surprise that the minister might be scuppering the whole caboodle to avoid near certain court catastrophes.
You'll need to do contortions to align the legality of the interim report with the spokesman's statement.

That's a clear unambiguous statement by the Minister's spokesman that it is illegal for ASADA to make anything at all "public" until all matters are finalised. ASADA/AFL clearly made stacks of information public in the interim report before they had completed their investigation. The minister's spokesman says such info is not allowed under ASADA's legislation. FFS they even made private and possibly incriminating text messages public. Dank, Hird et al can wipe the floor with ASADA process. The process is screwed. It is no surprise that the minister might be scuppering the whole caboodle to avoid near certain court catastrophes.

It doesn't matter that ASADA didn't follow their own processes in the joint investigation, because WADA can come over the top!

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

You'll need to do contortions to align the legality of the interim report with the spokesman's statement.

Just keep on smoking mate, keep on smoking. Look up the defintion of public release as well.

ASADA released text messages now, WOW , I missed that one , cheers for the scoop.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Yes, I'm aware that you believe it is simply coincidence that 4 of 7 panel members were allowed to lapse membership on 31 March, 10 days before possibly the most important scheduled meeting in years and a fifth member just happened to be in Morocco and the Minister was completely unaware of all this. Sure.

I see, you are saying that posters on this internet forum are not allowed to question the behaviour of government ministers. Weird.

[/quote]

My, my. Yes I did read what the spokesperson said about making things public. I have also read the Act which says ASADA can report progress on an enquiry to the relevant sporting body. Whether it was a good idea or not, the interim report was released to the AFL under that provision.

Questioning a minister is one thing, trumpeting that he is deliberately doing these things to knobble an investigation is attributing a behaviour. The Libs are not doing so well in front of corruption hearings this month, perhaps we could send MrDutton along for a chat.

Back