Dannyle Pearce's kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Noobrifle

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Danyle Pearce's disposal efficiency of 63.5% for the year is the lowest out of anyone at the dockers who have played more than 5 games.

His accuracy kicking for goal is 43.2%.

Is he really the player you want to be taking the most inside 50 entries for your club?

That being said, Zac Dawson has a disposal efficiency of 85.3% for year and a 100% goal kicking accuracy.

I know who I'd want kicking into our forward 50 ;)

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Fair suck of the sauce bottle people. To sorta quote a particular coach, it's not as good as you think it is and it's not as bad as you think it is. The clangers that he kicks look very dramatic and etch in your eyeballs, more visible doesn't necessarily mean worse.

The team has 226 goals, 190 behinds for an average of 1.19 goals per behind.
Danyle has 16 goals, 14 behinds for an average of 1.14 goals per behind (yes, I acknowledge that the team behind count includes forced). He's not wasting the ball as much as you'd think and a lot of it is from long kicks and goals that we otherwise wouldn't get.

Sure he shanks a few and they can be frustrating, he has 47 clangers to Barlows 52 - and we aren't wanting to cover Barlow in tar and feathers.

He is #1 in the AFL for inside 50's this season with 92. Jeager O'meara is 2nd with 81. So I think his kicking is a major plus for the team and he gains us many meters each and every week. After last weekend, it should be obvious that we need inside 50's.

At least he improved his goal kicking. So this year he has already kicked 16 goals 14 behinds.

Anyone know how much he scored last season? 9 Goals and 21 behinds.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Also absolutely refuses to kick on his right, therefore always gets himself in trouble if not on his left side.

You're an AFL player Danyle, learn to kick on both feet. If you can't do that, get better on the foot you use. A LOT better.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
He can be a beautiful kick, but really needs to slow down and take a moment to steady. Especially in front of goal.

He's in the bottom 6 at the moment. Not good.

Jun 4, 2008
Kardinya
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon he stuffs it up generally when taking set shots & overthinks it; and melts in close high pressure situations (Grand Final 2013). & he can't kick hook shots of the side of his boot to save his life.

But overall a worthy inclusion for his speed, spread & ability to break lines / find space. Worth 20 Brett Peakes.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
I said it after the GF and I still firmly believe it, Danyle should be told to pass it off in the 50m if he can, only take a shot when there is no other option. He stinks at goals.

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Passing it off inside 50 is a terrible idea unless you can't make the distance (like De Boer). It's a lot easier to kick a goal than it is to pinpoint a pass, without even worrying about the complicating factor that the person you pass it to might drop it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
He really annoyed me in last night's game. With no Pav we really needed him to step up, and instead he constantly rushed his kicks and shanked shots at goals. I'd almost call him selfish in the way he always takes a terrible shot at goal rather than pass it on to someone who knows how to kick straight. If Pav was healthy I'd be all for a out: D Pearce in: Walters next week.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
IMO Pearce's kicking in a way shows how much talent he has. He has extremely poor technique which under stress will fail. A good comparison is Phil Hughes in cricket. He has had a poor technique but his brilliant talent has enabled him to thrive in state cricket, it's only at the top level where the pressure is greatest that he has been found out.
When Pearce can just react he is brilliant, but put any kind of pressure on him and he will make mistakes. A leopard doesn't change it's spots. This is as good as DP will ever be.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Unless I was seeing things I do believe I saw a little right foot kick from Pearce against Carlton..... There was a pack situation and from memory he slammed it on the right boot - caused me to put my rum down, wipe my eyes and question what on earth I'd just seen !

Kunna17

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pearce for Wellingham would never happen but i dont think you'd be to far off a deal tbh. Wellingham has stacks of talent, he'd be the most talented player at West Coasts midfield i'd say, but its because of that he struggles. Lachie Neale at West Coast would definitely struggle and Pearce would be absolutely useless. Wellingham would certainly play better for us than he does at West Coast and would probably play in a role similar to Tendai's in terms of floating forward and back or playing as a loose-tag on some quicker outside players. No doubt he'd be better here and Pearce would be worst there!

The_Flood

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pearce's first kick in the GF was a shocker, went too short and cut off by Roughead hen only needed to kick ahead of Barlow who had an acre in front of him. De Boer would be the weakest set shot for goal in the AFL, seems ok on the run but really deficient from a standing start

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really thought he had tidied his kicking up early this season and was using it better to his abilities. But got bad to his habit of going for the long range freak shot whenever getting an opportunity...

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pearce for Wellingham would never happen but i dont think you'd be to far off a deal tbh. Wellingham has stacks of talent, he'd be the most talented player at West Coasts midfield i'd say, but its because of that he struggles. Lachie Neale at West Coast would definitely struggle and Pearce would be absolutely useless. Wellingham would certainly play better for us than he does at West Coast and would probably play in a role similar to Tendai's in terms of floating forward and back or playing as a loose-tag on some quicker outside players. No doubt he'd be better here and Pearce would be worst there!

Wellingham was a flanker at Collingwood because he couldnt force his way into their midfield.
WC have a much weaker Mid than Collingwood and he still cant get a game
Highly over rated and Pearce is a much more valuable player.Pearces pace would be a Godsend to WC midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back