Dante Exum

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it

Why has Vonleh's stock risen so much? What do NBA scouts like about him?

Analytics guys love him.
He has a tremendous wingspan, his rebounds per 40 are superior to Randle (and any other relevant PF), can step back and know down the three, he's very light on his feet inside.

Personally i think he should be in the conversation for a 3-5 slot.

The other interesting one at the moment is Gordon, apparently Ainge and the Cs absolutely love him and hes very unlikely to last past 6.

So assuming guys stay in draft order as is i see someting like that.
Cavs - Embiid
Bucks - Parker
76ers - Wiggins
Magic - Exum
Jazz - Vonleh
Celts - Gordon
LAL - Smart (LA with a choice of he and Randle)
Sac - Randle
Cha - Staskaus
76ers - Saric

Any arguments?

Gordon is a defensive machine on a pogo stick, he's pretty raw on offence, but I think clubs will back themselves in to bring that up to scratch in the next 5 years.

He's got the natural ability and athleticism to defend the Blake Griffens and LBJ's of this world, thats why some clubs are all over him.

Ibaka isn't a bad comparison.

Gordon is a defensive machine on a pogo stick, he's pretty raw on offence, but I think clubs will back themselves in to bring that up to scratch in the next 5 years.

He's got the natural ability and athleticism to defend the Blake Griffens and LBJ's of this world, thats why some clubs are all over him.

Ibaka isn't a bad comparison.

Marion & Kirilenko are the closest comparisons IMO.

I think he hasnt been too bad so far, from what I've seen he tries to make the right play every time and doesnt really force the issue like other rookies tend to

Plenty of time, hopefully see a little more in the preseason then what he showed us in the summer league though

Needs a fitness base, that much is for sure. Don't see him having much immediate impact, which isn't a great thing for a high pick. Going to have a lot of pressure on him.

Needs a fitness base, that much is for sure. Don't see him having much immediate impact, which isn't a great thing for a high pick. Going to have a lot of pressure on him.

Yeah there will be a lot of pressure... but I think people need to remember that he's effectively entering the league as a high-schooler - and that for the most part those guys start quite slowly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back