Darcey Moore at Carlton?

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I make that out to be total bullshit.

I wouldn't take him in the top 10. If Collingwood get him, it'll be around about where he'd go if he wasn't a father/son prospect.
Most if not all phantom drafts from. Bigfooty and afl.com.au have him in the 3-6 range. He's the second best kpp in this draft apparently

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Most if not all phantom drafts from. Bigfooty and afl.com.au have him in the 3-6 range. He's the second best kpp in this draft apparently
They can think however they like, I certainly wouldn't take him in the top 10 and I highly highly doubt any recruiter rates him as the best talent of the crop.

Isn't it funny that every single F/S or academy pick is ridiculously overrated...one minute Heeney was a borderline first rounder now he is the best mid in the draft...same with More, surely McCartin is still viewed higher.

Ruse

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2007
KFC Dumpster
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Its Always Sunny
Ok, who then seeing you are so sure he ain't worth pick 6? The guy (Moore) according to 3 AFL recruiters who I know rate him clear number1. Make it what you will.
Yep so apparently Collingwood is getting a kid rated at pick 1 and everything is fine but when sydney get a kid rated in the top 5 all hell breaks loose and eddie whines to the AFL.

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, who then seeing you are so sure he ain't worth pick 6? The guy (Moore) according to 3 AFL recruiters who I know rate him clear number1. Make it what you will.

The amount of people on BF who 'know recruiters' is staggering. The amount of recruiters known by posters who are happy to spill their guts is even more staggering.

I know three people employed to spot for AFL clubs and I can't ever get a word out of them. They're tight lipped, won't even discuss a player's game or anything. It's a secretive industry, I very much doubt any recruiter would be saying anything like that.

The amount of people on BF who 'know recruiters' is staggering. The amount of recruiters known by posters who are happy to spill their guts is even more staggering.

I know three people employed to spot for AFL clubs and I can't ever get a word out of them. They're tight lipped, won't even discuss a player's game or anything. It's a secretive industry, I very much doubt any recruiter would be saying anything like that.
and That is Different to over in America where they have Scouts that talk and go on the Media and on Internet talking about Prospects

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
Kid looked good in patches in the VFL last week.

He will be coming to us it's a sure thing. Has heaps of good attributes in his game but like any young kpp he will need a few years to develop. Probably not up there with number 1 pick but more likely would be 5-10 pick.

Alfredo Rojas

Pain&Gain
Jun 21, 2014
Altona
AFL Club
GWS
Kid looked good in patches in the VFL last week.

He will be coming to us it's a sure thing. Has heaps of good attributes in his game but like any young kpp he will need a few years to develop. Probably not up there with number 1 pick but more likely would be 5-10 pick.

That's why I think Blues should have a crack at him

That's why I think Blues should have a crack at him

You won't get him, Collingwood will match it and get him with their first. Although the Blues are more likely to bid on Heeney.

Pies would have other options though, don't ness have to go for Moore

LOL nice try...Collingwood would use lets say pick 9-10 (depending whether Melb receive a 1st round compensation for Frawley). That is more than value for Moore. It isn't THAT much a bargain though. Probably rated in the 5-12 range, and Collingwood get him right in the middle of that range. Pies need a tall post Cloke anyway. No issues.

You could have drafted Talia instead of Kane Lucas for starters! Stop trying to nick other teams father sons.

We have Pretty Much already Committed to him

Rightly so, however people complaining that it is a bargain...it isn't. You are getting a player lets say rated at 6...at 9 or 10....the whole 3 positions, the horror lol

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Won't happen with the academies either. Sydney's getting lucky with (potentially) two in two years, but are they going to be better than the likes of Viney, Libba and Moore, taken as father/sons over the last few years? In general they're going to be as random amongst the northern clubs as father/sons are across everyone else, it's just that we see a streak early, it's going to the strong club out of the four northern clubs, and so people get up in arms.
No, it's that northern clubs get both F/s AND Academies and likely a higher volume from Academies than F/S. 3 highly talented prospects in 2 years to one club is highly, highly unusual to the point of I don't think it ever having happened under F/S rules.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

I would imagine that recruiters would be more open on a player who is clearly heading to one club and one club only...?

With all the negative for the game over the last few days the father son is something that still puts some heart in the AFL. I hate Collingwood with a passion but Darcy Moore should have the option to play at the club his dad did. Just a little bit of romance left, let's keep it.

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would imagine that recruiters would be more open on a player who is clearly heading to one club and one club only...?

To an extent. I haven't asked about Darcy but I did get a better than usual response about Waterman.

There's still a lot of uncertainty though especially with the new system that's being mooted and giving a detailed analysis of Moore's range also passively implies things about other players in their eyes and all that. I think it's just a blanket kind of principle, it's far easier to be tight lipped across the board than selectively pick and choose at when.

Rainfall

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
Isn't it funny that every single F/S or academy pick is ridiculously overrated...one minute Heeney was a borderline first rounder now he is the best mid in the draft...same with More, surely McCartin is still viewed higher.
While we're talking about darcy at carlton let's finish with ariel who debuts this week at geelong? :)

Alfredo Rojas

Pain&Gain
Jun 21, 2014
Altona
AFL Club
GWS
LOL nice try...Collingwood would use lets say pick 9-10 (depending whether Melb receive a 1st round compensation for Frawley). That is more than value for Moore. It isn't THAT much a bargain though. Probably rated in the 5-12 range, and Collingwood get him right in the middle of that range. Pies need a tall post Cloke anyway. No issues.

You could have drafted Talia instead of Kane Lucas for starters! Stop trying to nick other teams father sons.

Not completely impossible, Darcey Moore sooner or later will be invited for tour around VISY Park to check out the facilities

Back