Darcey Moore at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not completely impossible, Darcey Moore sooner or later will be invited for tour around VISY Park to check out the facilities

Then would be reminded that Collingwood are closer than Carlton to a top 4 position. Plus he is insane to not go to Collingwood, after footy he is set!

The rules are there and if Carlton wish to go after Moore they will make their bid and if we want to get him we have to match their bid or beat it. If we don't then he is theirs.

No point arguing about it at all. If we offer our first round pick for him then he is ours 100%.

As for him being rated the best player in the draft, that's a bit ambitious, I would have him 4-10th.

To an extent. I haven't asked about Darcy but I did get a better than usual response about Waterman.

There's still a lot of uncertainty though especially with the new system that's being mooted and giving a detailed analysis of Moore's range also passively implies things about other players in their eyes and all that. I think it's just a blanket kind of principle, it's far easier to be tight lipped across the board than selectively pick and choose at when.
Skippos what did the Recruiter(s) have to say about Waterman in terms of draft range (if not F/S)?

The rules are there and if Carlton wish to go after Moore they will make their bid and if we want to get him we have to match their bid or beat it. If we don't then he is theirs.

No point arguing about it at all. If we offer our first round pick for him then he is ours 100%.

As for him being rated the best player in the draft, that's a bit ambitious, I would have him 4-10th.

Well Moore might not be the Best Prospect Straight Away but he could become the Best Player the Draft in the Future.

I think he has the most upside

Yep so apparently Collingwood is getting a kid rated at pick 1 and everything is fine but when sydney get a kid rated in the top 5 all hell breaks loose and eddie whines to the AFL.
The problem is that all clubs have access to father/son, but not all clubs have access to zone selections...

I don't see Moore being worth more than pick 5 as an absolute maximum to be honest..

The problem is that all clubs have access to father/son, but not all clubs have access to zone selections...

I don't see Moore being worth more than pick 5 as an absolute maximum to be honest..

Do you think if Blues get pick #5 should have a go at getting Moore?

Do you think if Blues get pick #5 should have a go at getting Moore?

Go for it, you won't get him as Collingwood would match that bid. He is theirs. Draft your own KPF. Not really that hard to be honest.

What is this? I don't even ...

An F/S prospect who the Pies will use their first rounder on if they have to. He's going to Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be a bargain either way
If he's rated from 5-8 then we got him at a good price. If he's rated lower then he might even slide to our second round pick
LOL nice try...Collingwood would use lets say pick 9-10 (depending whether Melb receive a 1st round compensation for Frawley). That is more than value for Moore. It isn't THAT much a bargain though. Probably rated in the 5-12 range, and Collingwood get him right in the middle of that range. Pies need a tall post Cloke anyway. No issues.

You could have drafted Talia instead of Kane Lucas for starters! Stop trying to nick other teams father sons.

I think Pies have enough forwards should use 1st & 2nd rounds to draft defenders u must agree

Defenders? Huh? Ben Reid is an AA, Frost, Langlen, etc are fine. If anything they need a KPF for life after Cloke and it would allow them to use Reid in his natural position

Is it possible that Darcey Moore ends up at Blues?

I heard that Gillon McLaughlan is planning to impose Father-Son drafting rules that clubs maybe able to outbid. Wondering possible for Carlton to outbid to attain him. Outbid with a say Pick #5 & second round pick?

Correct me if I'm wrong not sure how many true key forwards are there in this years draft? Thinking both McCartin & Wright will go within top 4 then leaves Blues, poss Reece McKenzie
But Collingwood are not finished with Moore yet. The normal protocol is for Carlton to wait until we have no futher use for a player, coach, admin person or boot studder before they pounce.
Wait for another 10 years then try again;)

Like the thinking. Rather than letting Moore have a stint at Collingwood and THEN trying to lure him over in your quest to recreate a Collingwood clone built on people we decided weren't worth retaining, INSTEAD you're going to cut out the middle man stage.

Mick, Butters, Daisy, Cam Wood will all appreciate it. Swann is gone now, but will no doubt approve.

I think Pies have enough forwards should use 1st & 2nd rounds to draft defenders u must agree

Moore mostly plays CHB for the Chargers.

So he can play as a Defender and up Forward. Also in time could spend time in the Ruck

There hardly been an abundance of quality talls in the draft in recent years when its time for our first pick anyway. I have no doubt we made the right call picking Menzel and Cripps with our first picks in the last couple of drafts.

Just for a bit of fun, first round players Carlton selected v tall players they could have in the last few drafts.

2013 Patrick Cripps... Cam McCarthy. Haven't seen enough of either
2012 Troy Menzel... Kristian Jaksch, Brodie Grundy and Liam McBean. Right to take Menzel by the looks of it, still early
2011 Josh Bootsma... literally anyone else. Dud pick but there weren't any good talls after this
2010 Matthew Watson... Jack Darling. Ouch.
2009 Kane Lucas... Daniel Talia, Jake Carlisle, Aaron Black. Yeesh.

I'll stop there to count as "recent", but... yeah. Not so much.

Kane Lucas says hi when Talia was on the board!

Whatever man, you can't troll us. Kane Lucas was the best available at the time, and even though he wasn't the best fit for what we needed structurally, he was still the ideal pick IMO. I have full faith in our recruiters, get ready for Matt Watson to have a break out year next season. A lot of people have criticised our recruiting b-but it's all gonna come together soon... y-you'll see...
anhero.png

Just for a bit of fun, first round players Carlton selected v tall players they could have in the last few drafts.

2009-2011 were unmitigated disasters.

The Watson pick especially hurts - we were desperate for a forward with Fev departing. I live in the middle of butt* nowhere in a rugby state and even I could see Darling was the obvious choice. Pretty sure the only people in the country who couldn't put 2+2 together in that draft were our recruiters. :drunk:

2009-2011 were unmitigated disasters.

The Watson pick especially hurts - we were desperate for a forward with Fev departing. I live in the middle of butt**** nowhere in a rugby state and even I could see Darling was the obvious choice. Pretty sure the only people in the country who couldn't put 2+2 together in that draft were our recruiters. :drunk:

Honesty is much appreciated. I reckon you'll go tall this year which should help, but needs good development which has been trouble for the Blues lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back