Darcy moore hamstring :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Scharenberg's ACL pure bad luck? Or did it have something to do with him returning to footy without the muscle mass to support the knee? I think it's too much of a coincidence to say it was 100% bad luck when he does an ACL as soon as he returns... the club has to take some of the blame for that one. Of course the foot issue is completely different.

Saying every injury is bad luck when they just keep happening is such a cop out. If these things were rare then sure, but not when they consistently happen over many years.

Of course it was bad luck, unless you think the run we've had with ACL's, Caff, Browny, Tooves etc are all the fault of the program and not unfortunate accidents.
And if that's the case then you need a Bex and a good lie down even more that I thought.

Happened pretty much right in front of me- I was at the ground. Fingers crossed for the kid, but it looked bad unfortunately.

Hate seeing any players injured; young ones even more so.

Of course it was bad luck, unless you think the run we've had with ACL's, Caff, Browny, Tooves etc are all the fault of the program and not unfortunate accidents.
And if that's the case then you need a Bex and a good lie down even more that I thought.

I never said every ACL is the fault of the club, obviously some (mainly the collision ones) are unavoidable.

Conversely if you think all the ACL's we've had are 100% bad luck and never anyone's fault maybe you are the naive one.

Anyway this VFL game and injury have put me in a terrible mood.. maybe I'll take you up on that Bex offer.

Just heard this, not to overreact but FUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching him do it live was shattering, but he walked back to the rooms unasssisted so it can't be too bad.

When Marsh did his last year, a tendon I believe, he could hardly walk and needed assistance getting back to the rooms.

This was him walking back to the rooms;

CDfUOJGUMAAK7JP.jpg

Watching him do it live was shattering, but he walked back to the rooms unasssisted so it can't be too bad.

When Marsh did his last year, a tendon I believe, he could hardly walk and needed assistance getting back to the rooms.

This was him walking back to the rooms;

CDfUOJGUMAAK7JP.jpg

When Freeman did his 12 month Hamstring tendon tear he managed to sprint off the ground.

One season ending hamstring injury to Freeman was just bad luck.

A second season ending hamstring injury to Marsh was just really bad luck.

But if this ends up another season ending hamstring injury, the 3rd in little over a year then it would seem more than really really bad luck.

Never seen anything like it in regards to hamstring injuries at the pies.

You would have to question first and second year players getting soft tissue injuries. Are we pushing too hard too early?

To know that you'd have to look at our workload, and type of exercise and technique compared to oppositions.

To know that you'd have to look at our workload, and type of exercise and technique compared to oppositions.
It was stated over a year ago that it was significantly increased. That's what would concern me. I get that sides need to train for more run now. I'm just not sure how much you can load kids and in fact how much we individualise different kids loads based on physical maturity.

I recorded the second half and watched late. I dead set nearly spewed up when Darcy went down like a bag of! Feel gutted for the bloke and our club.

On another note, it never ceases to amaze me the need for posters to blame someone for a hamstring. Especially a kid that's suffered his first hamstring/soft tissue injury at the club.

Repeat soft tissue injuries I can understand the desire to blame fitness staff, but first time injuries, pull your heads in FFS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back