Darcy moore hamstring :(

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said every ACL is the fault of the club, obviously some (mainly the collision ones) are unavoidable.

Conversely if you think all the ACL's we've had are 100% bad luck and never anyone's fault maybe you are the naive one.

Anyway this VFL game and injury have put me in a terrible mood.. maybe I'll take you up on that Bex offer.
There is evidence to suggest that if there is a large enough disparity between your quad strength and your hamstring strength, you are more prone to ACL injury. This is well known in AFL circles and I'd be shocked if Collingwood sent Scharenberg out there without having met the benchmark ratio, but much beyond that there's a lot of speculation and not a lot of evidence.

Thought I would also mention, because I have a friendly face and like chatting to opposition supporters, amazing the number of people that said to me that we have a 'real' player in Moore. Always nice to hear the envy in their voice.

Not sure why some people are saying Moore played well. Thought he did some nice spoils but other than that he hardly touched the ball. Of course based on other games and reports he sounds like he will be very good but he did nothing today.

You would have to question first and second year players getting soft tissue injuries. Are we pushing too hard too early?

He did miss a large chunk pf preseason lets not forget because of his toe... So his volume wouldn't have been high.

One season ending hamstring injury to Freeman was just bad luck.

A second season ending hamstring injury to Marsh was just really bad luck.

But if this ends up another season ending hamstring injury, the 3rd in little over a year then it would seem more than really really bad luck.

Never seen anything like it in regards to hamstring injuries at the pies.

You're missing a couple each to Sinkers and Young...

Did my first hammy at 29 playing footy. Was chasing, sidestepped to avoid a shepeherd, went to take off again and twanged it. Would have done the same thing many times but on this occasion the hammy didn't like it. s**t happens.
The prophets of doom need to go outside and check out some of the formations in the clouds. Look closely enough and you'll see Satan pointing a finger at Victoria Park.
FFS!

Minor set back in what will hopefully prove to be be a very decorated career.

He didn't die, he did his hammy!, he'll come back from it

If it is a season ending hammy (and I for one won't be panicking about that until he's had scans) then I expect him to be back next year with the upper body strength of 3 lowlands gorilla's!

Not sure why some people are saying Moore played well. Thought he did some nice spoils but other than that he hardly touched the ball. Of course based on other games and reports he sounds like he will be very good but he did nothing today.
Never said he played well, re-read my posts.

The sack Davoren posts are always laughable. Yeah its his fault in the stands that a hamstring somehow popped. Because its been happening to everyone on our list of course....

Hey Pera you forgot Davoren was at fault for his toe injury also!

One more strike with Moore and he must be sacked :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sack Davoren posts are always laughable. Yeah its his fault in the stands that a hamstring somehow popped. Because its been happening to everyone on our list of course....
Yeah he was sitting in the stands, but worked with the players every day for months prior. Our record with injury, particularly to young players is poor since he joined the club.

My girlfriend has a cold at the moment. If I see DeLorean, gee I tell ya' what!!! :mad:

Top sides generally don't play their youngsters in the first few years anyway. Calm down, injuries happen, especially youngsters while they're increasing their loads to afl level

Still have Scar Tissues and this hopefully does not happen more Often

Darcy Moore and about a minute later, school mate Jason Ashby looked also to do his hamstring.

Unlucky.

Takes bit of Excitement away from Winning Yesterday. He is something Special and don’t want him to become Injury Prone

You said other people were praising him. Not sure why they would bother to do that to a stranger unless they thought he played well.
Maybe they have followed his career, maybe they see potential, maybe just the little things he did, maybe they way he positions himself on the field, maybe the ways he speaks when interviewed.
Maybe just like when I first saw Daicos and others play when I might have said, gee he will be good.
Get a life and take a deep breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back