Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what's been reported in the media, we are every chance to get Moore with a second rounder. No doubt our own supporters rate him higher than any other supporter and recruiter. Shifter Sheehan speaks positively about any draft prospect. The question is at pick 5/6/7 if it is a line ball call on Moore and another player, who do the dogs, blues and GC pick? IMO GC will go for a defender, Carlton could go tall back/forward or another midfielder, dogs will go tall- forward or back?

Not fussed if we pass on Moore with our first rounder if we don't think he's best available at 7-8. Happy if we take him if we think he is. Don't want us to overpay for him.

In terms of Hine rating him, I've heard that he also really rates Duggan.

He ticks more boxes for clubs than just his on field performances especially at collingwood.
Collingwood's 'pro et contra':
Pro
- Junior top ten draft talent with AFL potential - tick
- Arguably most athletic 200 cm range player in this years draft - Tick
- Testing in Combine ( obviously has not happened yet but he will test well against others his height, if in doubt you should go to one of his games, watch more vision of Darcy or listen to the experts) - Tick
- Collingwood list fit - Tick
- Position flexibility (could play a minimum of three positions at AFL level plus one or two outside the box) -Tick
- Performed at U18 nationals - Tick
- Performing at TAC level - Tick
- Intelligent - Tick
- Professional - Tick
- Good role models and mentors in his life - Tick
- Junior leader with AFL leadership qualities - Tick
- Collingwood F/S - Tick
- Passion for black and white - Tick
- Do other BF draft experts rate Darcy as top ten talent - Tick
- In partnership with Grundy/Lumumba he could develop a book club for other players to join and have something to do in between training - Tick
Contra
- Needs to work on footskills - Tick
- Needs to work on his endurance - Tick
- Needs three seasons in the gym - Tick
- Has had junior injury history - Tick

Decision based on 'pro et contra'.
Will other clubs rate him - Tick
Collingwoods pick Seven - Tick
Would I like to pick up second round - Tick (This would cause a rebellion by the Northern Clubs namely Sydney if Darcy is picked up by Collingwood for a second round draft pick) - Tick

Last edited:
He ticks more boxes for clubs than just his on field performances especially at collingwood.
Collingwood's 'pro et contra':

Pro
- Junior top ten draft talent with AFL potential - tick
- Arguably most athletic 200 cm range player in this years draft - Tick
- Testing in Combine ( obviously has not happened yet but he will test well against others his height, if in doubt you should go to one of his games, watch more vision of Darcy or listen to the experts) - Tick
- Collingwood list fit - Tick
- Position flexibility (could play a minimum of three positions at AFL level plus one or two outside the box) -Tick
- Performed at U18 nationals - Tick
- Performing at TAC level - Tick
- Intelligent - Tick
- Professional - Tick
- Good role models and mentors in his life - Tick
- Junior leader with AFL leadership qualities - Tick
- Collingwood F/S - Tick
- Passion for black and white - Tick
- Do other BF draft experts rate Darcy as top ten talent - Tick
- In partnership with Grundy/Lumumba he could develop a book club for other players to join and have something to do in between training - Tick
Contra
- Needs to work on footskills - Tick
- Needs to work on his endurance - Tick
- Needs three seasons in the gym - Tick
- Has had junior injury history - Tick

Decision based on 'pro et contra'.
Will other clubs rate him - Tick
Collingwoods pick Seven - Tick
Would I like to pick up second round - Tick (This would cause a rebellion by the Northern Clubs namely Sydney if Darcy is picked up by Collingwood for a second round draft pick) - Tick

Thats alot of ticks for moore correct but hine will be the one getting the tick if we can land moore with a second round pick, hope hes a good poker player
Who would you pick if we finished with pick 7?

From Hine himself? Otherwise just here say. I don't doubt Hine rates him, but I am also sure he would rate quite a few. We just don't know how he rates Moore against the top 10.

No Directly but I have heard it from Inside the Club

I am not convinced we will take him if we have to give up our first round pick. I don't think he has shown enough yet to warrant that conclusion.

We had shown in recent years that we are prepared to pass on father son picks. If there are better players than Moore available at our pick we will not take him.

I remember the outcry when Adelaide went for Dangerfield over a local lad with their first round pick and then let him stay in Victoria to complete his studies. Like Adelaide we will take the best player available and that may not be Moore.

Just another hater right here, when are you going to give him a break he will be a gun has shown more than most this season and is what we need

No doubt he's a really good prospect who ticks a lot of boxes, but so will anyone else we pick at pick 7.

The Biggest Tick Moore would get would be his Leadership Skllls

Which is an issue as that's a great "nice to have", not a core attribute we need from a first round KPF, at this stage.

True but something the Club and Hine Rates very Highly.

You almost have to look at him as a 17 Year Old and not a 18 year old because of the Missed season last year because of the Hip Surgery.

I also think he makes players around him better.

His work in Contested Areas is very impressive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats alot of ticks for moore correct but hine will be the one getting the tick if we can land moore with a second round pick, hope hes a good poker player

Moore is who I would pick but at end of the day I am a no body in relation to CFC. The only ticks that count are Hine's and Buckley's!

Let me clarify that I would pick him pick seven and be able to sleep at night but like every other CFC supporter if there is a possibility that other clubs don't rate him inside the top six and we pick up another top 10 player than that is the best case scenario and we are in a better position for that to happen than we were last week.

Not fussed if we pass on Moore with our first rounder if we don't think he's best available at 7-8. Happy if we take him if we think he is. Don't want us to overpay for him.

In terms of Hine rating him, I've heard that he also really rates Duggan.

Hey Dawesome. Did u get an inside word on this? I'm a big fan of Duggan. Love to get him and Darcy.

The word was pretty direct, but was only that they were doing in depth due diligence on him and are big fans.

Now... it's probably true that they are a huge wrap for about 20 kids in this draft in terms of being prepared to use either their first or second round pick on them depending on who is available when that pick comes up.

I have no insight into whether they'd do that kind of work on all 20 of those prospects at this stage or whether they are now honing in a few. Without that info, can't say whether this was being thorough and having a good look at any kid who might be available, or an indication we have something specific planned.

If you see what I mean.

The word was pretty direct, but was only that they were doing in depth due diligence on him and are big fans.

Now... it's probably true that they are a huge wrap for about 20 kids in this draft in terms of being prepared to use either their first or second round pick on them depending on who is available when that pick comes up.

I have no insight into whether they'd do that kind of work on all 20 of those prospects at this stage or whether they are now honing in a few. Without that info, can't say whether this was being thorough and having a good look at any kid who might be available, or an indication we have something specific planned.

If you see what I mean.

I completely understand what you are saying. I mainly follow boys out of the St. Pats system as I have a little bit to do with their program. I have met Liam, watched him play the Shield final recently and am a big fan. I usually compare notes with Knightmare who obviously has a much broader scope on players than what I do. I find that through my limited insights and reading Hine often has St. pats boys on his radar but they either fall outside our range or we have better options.

Duggan is certainly massively regarded in the Ballarat community. He has great leadership, excellent foot skills and is described though I hesitate to use the terrible cliche as 'pendlebury like' by his coach. I maybe would take a step back from that but he certainly has some stuff we could use in the middle, namely height, composure and precision by foot.

Either way, it would be massive if we somehow got to use our first rounder on a player as well as getting DM, long shot as it is. We could certainly benefit from that double injection of quality to go with our other youth stocks that are slowly developing.

If he's showing any decent potential at 200cm you have to put him on your list. You basically get 1 in 3 of those players right in your draft, so you just have to keep throwing them on your list and trying to find the one or two that actually can play

It is starting to look more of a possibility of getting Moore 2nd round if we continue to head up the draft list. If we end with pick 7 (8 is most likely I reckon) it is likely only clubs at say picks 5-6 will consider bidding for Moore. Without expert knowledge and reading between the lines it seems Moore is probably going to be rated in the 5+ range. If that is so it likely rules out teams with the 1st 4 picks as they wouldn't risk nominating to force Collingwoods hand in case they missed a better pick.

On that basis it may come down to how teams around pick 5 and 6 rate Moore to see if he will be nominated by another team in the 1st round. It could be a real steal if we end up with pick 7 or 8 plus Moore.

I never heard Hine be very keen on Stewart
I did. Was his golden child until he all of a sudden went backwards in development. He just didn't come on as expected to be taken as highly as perceived. So poor was his final year that we didn't even nominate him as a father/son option (that surprised me actually. Thought we could have spent a third rounder on him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back