Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is though, at pick 7 is he anymore or less of a risk than anyone else we might take. Ultimately all selections, including pick 1s are a chance.

Agree, All Picks are a Risk but I am talking about getting the Player you want at that Pick and not taking a Chance someone picks him before your pick

It is starting to look more of a possibility of getting Moore 2nd round if we continue to head up the draft list. If we end with pick 7 (8 is most likely I reckon) it is likely only clubs at say picks 5-6 will consider bidding for Moore. Without expert knowledge and reading between the lines it seems Moore is probably going to be rated in the 5+ range. If that is so it likely rules out teams with the 1st 4 picks as they wouldn't risk nominating to force Collingwoods hand in case they missed a better pick.

On that basis it may come down to how teams around pick 5 and 6 rate Moore to see if he will be nominated by another team in the 1st round. It could be a real steal if we end up with pick 7 or 8 plus Moore.

If we lose out next two games and a couple of clubs below us pick up games I won't be surprised to see the AFL rush to implement the new father son rules.

If we lose out next two games and a couple of clubs below us pick up games I won't be surprised to see the AFL rush to implement the new father son rules.

Well if it’s True he is Rated between 4-10 then we might not have to give up the Extra Piock

Interesting that Eade has come out and said that we need to address midfield speed and half forward speed. Some clubs may think twice about nominating Moore as a first rounder.

Interesting that Eade has come out and said that we need to address midfield speed and half forward speed. Some clubs may think twice about nominating Moore as a first rounder.

Well could do that thru Trade and Free Agency as well. Doubt that would stop other Teams Bidding there 1st Round to make sure we have to use our 1st Rounder on him

Well could do that thru Trade and Free Agency as well. Doubt that would stop other Teams Bidding there 1st Round to make sure we have to use our 1st Rounder on him
Not so sure clubs will take the risk if they are not 100% certain on him, particularly if another tall tests very well and bolts into calculation while Moore doesn't impress at the combine/draft camp. Moore may have been named AA, but he wasn't a clear stand out and hasn't really been eye catching since the carnival. If others finish the year stronger and have a better finals series than Moore, then question marks from other clubs will be asked whether he is the best available at their selection. Clubs may even think that a speedy Pickett being available could be our target to help address our pace issues

Not so sure clubs will take the risk if they are not 100% certain on him, particularly if another tall tests very well and bolts into calculation while Moore doesn't impress at the combine/draft camp. Moore may have been named AA, but he wasn't a clear stand out and hasn't really been eye catching since the carnival. If others finish the year stronger and have a better finals series than Moore, then question marks from other clubs will be asked whether he is the best available at their selection. Clubs may even think that a speedy Pickett being available could be our target to help address our pace issues

Only McCartin has done anything since the U-18 Champs. That was on Saturday when in his Return game he Kicked 5 Goals.

I like Moore in that game too. Played CHB and help his own, Went Forward Kicked a Goal then went in the Ruck. Loved 1 centre bounce he jump hit the Ball Forward. ALA - Keating

Only McCartin has done anything since the U-18 Champs. That was on Saturday when in his Return game he Kicked 5 Goals.

I like Moore in that game too. Played CHB and help his own, Went Forward Kicked a Goal then went in the Ruck. Loved 1 centre bounce he jump hit the Ball Forward. ALA - Keating
Didn't Moore play on Mccartin?

Did he play on McCartin? He may have done a couple of nice things, but is it enough to convince other recruiters who don't have the Father/Son Romance that he is better than others who are available at their selection?

There's a guy named McKenzie who has been kicking bags this year. Don't know much about him. I think he kicked another 6 on the weekend in the4 TAC Cup. I dont think he played in U'18 champs though.

Here's hoping common sense prevails and Melbourne's useless management and tanking is not rewarded with a priority pick. This won't help our cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Photos of Darcy playing for Oakleigh against Geelong Falcons at Kardinia Park on Saturday:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753778811335725.1073741859.227989023914709&type=1

10334252_753779131335693_4931156973872026150_n.jpg

Just another hater right here, when are you going to give him a break he will be a gun has shown more than most this season and is what we need

Just another poster overreacting to a comment. In what way have I demonstrated hate for Moore? I simply suggested we may not take him with our first round pick. After all Hine has shown that he will pass on father son picks the last few years.

Your post displayed far more hate then mine.

Last edited:
this kid as a junior was better than all of them. He will be the one to get in my opinion. I almost had him, Petracca in my junior side but reece had some time off for a few years to focus on basketball and just be a kid. He is a monster and don't be surprised if this kid jumps into the top 10. If someone gets him in the 2nd or 3rd round he will be the biggest bargain of this years draft.

this kid as a junior was better than all of them. He will be the one to get in my opinion. I almost had him, Petracca in my junior side but reece had some time off for a few years to focus on basketball and just be a kid. He is a monster and don't be surprised if this kid jumps into the top 10. If someone gets him in the 2nd or 3rd round he will be the biggest bargain of this years draft.

You'd have to think the blues might jump on him at pick 6 given the fact his father played for them and it's been noted they have followed his junior career closely, and the fact they are crying out for a gun key forward. Would make our chances of getting Darcy with our 2nd pick a little better.

You'd have to think the blues might jump on him at pick 6 given the fact his father played for them and it's been noted they have followed his junior career closely, and the fact they are crying out for a gun key forward. Would make our chances of getting Darcy with our 2nd pick a little better.
Lets hope they do, that would only leave the doggies as a real threat at bidding on moore, the fact that there are a few bolters in the draft make bidding on moore so far before the draft risky for other teams, theres also sliders in the first round no one expected us to get the berg last year with pick 6 so personally i think were a very good chance to get him with our second rounder, wandering though that if we do, who do we go after with our pick 7 or 8 that we should end up with??

Lets hope they do, that would only leave the doggies as a real threat at bidding on moore, the fact that there are a few bolters in the draft make bidding on moore so far before the draft risky for other teams, theres also sliders in the first round no one expected us to get the berg last year with pick 6 so personally i think were a very good chance to get him with our second rounder, wandering though that if we do, who do we go after with our pick 7 or 8 that we should end up with??

Jayden Laverde would be a decent result at 7 or 8

Exactly, probably only bulldogs to worry about now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back