Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard a rumour that he is a bad boy off the field, has chronic knee problems, wont go interstate, is more interested in following another career path, has a terrible attitude on the track, all his team mates hate him, he wont fit well into a AFL environment and he also may have contracted the ebola virus while shooting up heroin although on a positive he has down graded his drug problem to crystal meth. The source was actually myself but I hope it spreads so we get him as a father and son in the 5th round. I will still be happy picking up first round though.
Funny....I heard exactly the same thing......

One of the problems with finishing low on the ladder, apart from it sucking big time, is that it increases the possibility of not getting Moore. If we won the flag he would have been a steal, now with a low pick the line is blurry... God damn it. I would much rather we pick him up than pass over, not because it would definitely be the right call, but because I would be much more forgiving if he turned out to be average than if we passed him up for a small midfielder and he turned out to be a champ.
Even just a glimpse of talent in James Stewart makes me feel sick that we passed him, so to lose Moore as well... We need some hope, Hine!! Some good news!

I look at it the other way.
If we finished higher than say 12th pick we were going to have to use it on Moore, so our first rounder is gone anyway.
We still probably will however, as we didn't finish that high, our second rounder is lower, that's the positive for me.
Now teams have to decide if they want to nominate a kid with their top 7 pick.
We are potentially more emotionally tied to him than other clubs.
Interesting times ahead.

Carlton is the only team I can see nominating him.
I can see them wanting to hold onto their pick to potentially throw it at teams in big name trades though - It's what they always fall back on after a rough season.

The placement of the bidding BEFORE trade week helps out with teams that are on the fence about bidding - They don't want to get stuck with a commitment to a player, and find themselves unable to trade their pick should a deal arise.

I can see them wanting to hold onto their pick to potentially throw it at teams in big name trades though - It's what they always fall back on after a rough season.

The placement of the bidding BEFORE trade week helps out with teams that are on the fence about bidding - They don't want to get stuck with a commitment to a player, and find themselves unable to trade their pick should a deal arise.
But Carlton know we will match it and take him with pick 8

No, they don't.

Nor do we. We've assumed a lot, sitting here in our comfortable reclining seats on the largest hype train this board has ever seen, but nothing is guaranteed.

There's nothing to "know" about what Collingwood will do here. Anything the club does or says could be a bluff. No club is going to get themselves into a situation that they're not happy with just because they assumed they knew what we'd do.

We didn't even nominate our last two F/S candidates, and both of them ended up on AFL lists. No club is going to be certain that we're so wedded to a F/S prospect that we'll take them no matter the price - History has shown us to be very judicious when it comes to these situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Darcey does something really 'stupid' like kick 7 goals in a match or tries his hardest in the combine, we are a chance of picking him up with our 2nd rounder from here.

How can this be so. According to some he is the equivent to the second coming of Christ. He is already pencelled in as our future captain.

How can this be so. According to some he is the equivent to the second coming of Christ. He is already pencelled in as our future captain.

He definitely has leadership qualities, this is fact and measurable. Nick Maxwell has shown you don't need to be a star to be given the gig. Moore will be a solid player, but a star..? Guess time will tell.. but its up for interpretation.

Would Darcy do a Wingard an tell clubs it is pointless drafting me I am going to seek a trade home in two years? It worked for Wingard!

Would Darcy do a Wingard an tell clubs it is pointless drafting me I am going to seek a trade home in two years? It worked for Wingard!

Don’t think it would work the same with Everyone knowing he is going to Collingwood

No, they don't.

Nor do we. We've assumed a lot, sitting here in our comfortable reclining seats on the largest hype train this board has ever seen, but nothing is guaranteed.

There's nothing to "know" about what Collingwood will do here. Anything the club does or says could be a bluff. No club is going to get themselves into a situation that they're not happy with just because they assumed they knew what we'd do.

We didn't even nominate our last two F/S candidates, and both of them ended up on AFL lists. No club is going to be certain that we're so wedded to a F/S prospect that we'll take them no matter the price - History has shown us to be very judicious when it comes to these situations.

Yeah we over looked Kelly who was rated an out side chance of getting drafted and we missed out on James Stewart but neither of them were rated top 5 picks. Carlton do know if the nominate him at pick pick 7 we will match that.

Yeah we over looked Kelly who was rated an out side chance of getting drafted and we missed out on James Stewart but neither of them were rated top 5 picks. Carlton do know if the nominate him at pick pick 7 we will match that.

Spot On. Jake Kelly was always a Rookie Pick and James Stewart would of been out of the Top 30 in Hine’s Rating

But what if we don't match it and use our pick to get their man Jaksch?

That should be in the back of their mind anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back