Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Frawley goes to Carltoon and Gibbs goes to Melb:p

Gibbs is concerned with winning, money and going home to SA. Melbourne don't fit the criteria of what he's after.

Frawley likely looks at the cashed up Hawks or perhaps GWS if they have the salary cap space.

Carlton and Melbourne assuming Gibbs and Frawley both leave are going home with nothing this free agent period unless that is they are willing to forfeit the first round compensation selections which you can't imagine they'll do.

Moore isn't setting the world on fire and isn't this draft coming up a key position specialty draft?

This is a key position draft.

The four generally considered the four best in the country are key position players. Then you've got Moore who isn't far off.

There are other key position players in this draft and a real deep field of them, it's just unclear at this point whether there are any others likely to push into the first round. We can live in hope.

I was under the impression Moore was doing pretty well so far this season? Not top 5 material, but top 10 sorta thing?

Think he has only played 3 games and was in the best for 1 or 2. Still wayyy too early to say where he is going to go

I wouldn't be surprised as the season progresses we will hear less and less positive news about Moore, a strategy clubs tend to push when comes to father & son prospects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised as the season progresses we will hear less and less positive news about Moore, a strategy clubs tend to push when comes to father & son prospects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if he Dominates the U-18 Champs that would be hard and him also linked to collingwood means the Media will be all over him

11. Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers) 198 cm 90 kg
The son of Collingwood great Peter Moore – and eligible for father-son selection – and an AIS-AFL Academy player, Moore has been injured for most of this year and hasn’t made an impression at TAC Cup level, but recruiters know what he’s going to be. Moore is a terrific mark of the ball and possesses solid enough footskills. He can play as a key forward, but is better suited as a centre half back, as he reads the play well in defence. With his height, he can also pinch hit in the ruck. Guy Dickson plays alongside him at Oakleigh, as well as having played school football at Carey Grammar with Moore. “He only played two games last year for school but dominated both of them,” he said. “He played mainly at centre half back and he has the speed to close down players, as well as the height and leap to spoil. For Oakleigh he hasn’t had as much of an impact in the two games he has played, but he always competes hard and makes a contest. If he doesn’t mark the ball he brings it to ground and is good on the follow up.”
It’s hard to get a picture of his talent through his statistics, but this video from Collingwood’s website gives a better indication of his talent.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-01-20/moore-plays-the-waiting-game

Darcy Moore 2013 TAC Cup statistics
Matches: 2
Average kicks: 1.5
Average handballs: 3.5
Disposal efficiency: 80%
Average marks: 1.5
Average contested marks: 1
Average handball receives: 1
Average tackles: 1
Average hitouts: 2
Average goals: 0

I think this might be out of Date what he wrote and Stats he has Put Up

http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-the-first-look/

I was under the impression Moore was doing pretty well so far this season? Not top 5 material, but top 10 sorta thing?

He's playing well but not dominating like a top 5 pick. He could be worth pick 5 but you wouldn't want to be forced to use a pick that high on him. Pick 10 would be a nicer asking price. He just needs to keep improving. He's good but his form needs to really trend upwards and continue improving to convince us beyond doubt that he's got the upside to develop into what he's being hyped up to become.
He's tracking well but you'd still like to see more.

He's playing well but not dominating like a top 5 pick. He could be worth pick 5 but you wouldn't want to be forced to use a pick that high on him. Pick 10 would be a nicer asking price. He just needs to keep improving. He's good but his form needs to really trend upwards and continue improving to convince us beyond doubt that he's got the upside to develop into what he's being hyped up to become.
He's tracking well but you'd still like to see more.

So, going what you are saying IF we have a Top 10 Pick you would Pass on Him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, going what you are saying IF we have a Top 10 Pick you would Pass on Him?

At this point I'd take him if I had a pick after pick 5, but with time to play you wouldn't want to make a definite call just yet even if you'd lean towards taking him.

At this point I'd take him if I had a pick after pick 5, but with time to play you wouldn't want to make a definite call just yet even if you'd lean towards taking him.

How many tall forwards are there in the draft you would rather have at Collingwood than Moore?

Well I dare day the Earliest we might hear anything about this from the Club is after the U-18 Champs.

Well I don't see us having a Pick that Early. Say the Lowest Pick we get would be Pick 8.

Well if we did have a Top 5 Pick wouldn't we get Moore as a 2nd Rounder as No One would Big For Him?

How many tall forwards are there in the draft you would rather have at Collingwood than Moore?

As key position players I'd take Wright, Durdin, McCartin and possibly Goddard first with the latter a flip of the coin between he and Moore.

So 3, maybe 4 talls you'd take first. Are any of them likely to be available at our selection? Unlikely. That's why I'd lean towards taking Moore with that tall our top need with our other posts looking in pretty good shape.

As key position players I'd take Wright, Durdin, McCartin and possibly Goddard first with the latter a flip of the coin between he and Moore.

So 3, maybe 4 talls you'd take first. Are any of them likely to be available at our selection? Unlikely. That's why I'd lean towards taking Moore with that tall our top need with our other posts looking in pretty good shape.

Well to get a Top 4 Pick, Jezz we would have to Fall Off a Mountain

Well I dare day the Earliest we might hear anything about this from the Club is after the U-18 Champs.

Well I don't see us having a Pick that Early. Say the Lowest Pick we get would be Pick 8.

Well if we did have a Top 5 Pick wouldn't we get Moore as a 2nd Rounder as No One would Big For Him?

So if we get pick 10, trade up to pick 5 similar to the WCE deal then get Moore with our 2nd rounder? Is that allowed

Other don't hardly have the same draft board as the next club. Some clubs favour some talents over others.

It's entirely possible even if we have Moore at say 8 on our draft board who could have Moore at 2 or 3 and would be willing to put forward a bid forcing us to use our 1st round selection if we want him which is almost certainly how it is anyway.

So if we get pick 10, trade up to pick 5 similar to the WCE deal then get Moore with our 2nd rounder? Is that allowed

Nope - Father and Son Bidding happens before Trade Period

Other don't hardly have the same draft board as the next club. Some clubs favour some talents over others.

It's entirely possible even if we have Moore at say 8 on our draft board who could have Moore at 2 or 3 and would be willing to put forward a bid forcing us to use our 1st round selection if we want him which is almost certainly how it is anyway.

Well that could be a Chance and Hine has shown he is Willing to Pass on Father/Sons

He wasnt dropped from memory he wanted to step aside and concentrate on getting his body right. In saying that he's missing from this week's squad due to a minor wrist injury (i think just some bone bruising) listed at 1-2 weeks.

If he is as good as we hope, there could be a few on this board with a wrist injury too.

Say, hypothetically, we get pick 11 in the first round of the draft and Hine rates him as a late first round pick. But a club below us, screaming out for a forward with upside say they'll take him at pick 9.

Is it then a certainty that he will be taken by the team below us at Pick 9? Or are they allowed to take someone else - like say a higher rated forward who was a slider due to issues with his feet or something?

And if they can take him, passing on Moore, do we have a right to him at our second round pick or is he open to all bidders?

Did that make sense?

Say, hypothetically, we get pick 11 in the first round of the draft and Hine rates him as a late first round pick. But a club below us, screaming out for a forward with upside say they'll take him at pick 9.

Is it then a certainty that he will be taken by the team below us at Pick 9? Or are they allowed to take someone else - like say a higher rated forward who was a slider due to issues with his feet or something?

And if they can take him, passing on Moore, do we have a right to him at our second round pick or is he open to all bidders?

Did that make sense?

We have to use Pick 11 but in your Scenario I say Hine would pass and let him go to that Club as Hine would not take someone higher then they are Rated.

The club you are talking about is it the Bulldogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back