Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would all come down to whether they were ranking by need or by best available and what their need was. If it is a club that is already very well stocked for young KPP (GWS come to mind) he might be a bit further down. For another club like the Bullies or Freo, he might be much higher.

It would all come down to whether they were ranking by need or by best available and what their need was. If it is a club that is already very well stocked for young KPP (GWS come to mind) he might be a bit further down. For another club like the Bullies or Freo, he might be much higher.

I haven't heard a club say they would take him at 1 definitively either, the vibe and what comes out in little dispatches is that seems to be a first rounder, but where in that first round he fits ,there is no consensus. Which fits in with quite alot of players in this top end of the draft at the moment.

Well what I have heard is from the the Industry he is seen as a Possible top 5 Pick

Top 5 or top 10, it's still a win win. Unless! We know what the other teams are going after, then we wont have to F/S him and use our 2nd pick instead of our first. Does anyone then think he'd be still available?

The thing about Moore that gives my pants a real stretching (besides athletic prowess) is the versatility he's shown.
Some have viewed his inability to dominate in a single position as a weak point but that may just be a reflection of the various roles he's had to play this year.
During the championships he was moved from fwd to def frequently and was even used on ball iirc. He dominated as a fwd in one game and completely shut down Goddard as a defender in another which shows that he's got the tools and the mental capacity to do the job at both ends.
I really doubt we're going to end up with a dud in this kid. He's rated too highly by too many and these aren't people who get caught up in the hype as the hype is usually built on their opinions.

The thing about Moore that gives my pants a real stretching (besides athletic prowess) is the versatility he's shown.
Some have viewed his inability to dominate in a single position as a weak point but that may just be a reflection of the various roles he's had to play this year.
During the championships he was moved from fwd to def frequently and was even used on ball iirc. He dominated as a fwd in one game and completely shut down Goddard as a defender in another which shows that he's got the tools and the mental capacity to do the job at both ends.
I really doubt we're going to end up with a dud in this kid. He's rated too highly by too many and these aren't people who get caught up in the hype as the hype is usually built on their opinions.

Agreed. He is a 199cm prospect with versatility, agility, good hands and leadership skills and has football DNA in his blood. And he has upside because he has filling out to do.

He is exactly what you would use a first round pick on when recruiting a tall.

I don't think we are necessarily going to get a bargain at pick 10-12, but I think we definitely would be happy with that result. I'd dare say someone above that pick would've seriously considered taking him with a top 10.

Agreed. He is a 199cm prospect with versatility, agility, good hands and leadership skills and has football DNA in his blood. And he has upside because he has filling out to do.

He is exactly what you would use a first round pick on when recruiting a tall.

I don't think we are necessarily going to get a bargain at pick 10-12, but I think we definitely would be happy with that result. I'd dare say someone above that pick would've seriously considered taking him with a top 10.

If we rate him as High as 10-12 It be Intresting if Hine Commits to him or says we could get someone better at that Pick or Even trade for a Ready-Made Star

But as was pointed out to me, we have to commit one way or the other re the F/S bid before trade week begins. Why would we risk missing out on a guy who is exactly what our list needs to take the chance we might be able to work out a trade?

But as was pointed out to me, we have to commit one way or the other re the F/S bid before trade week begins. Why would we risk missing out on a guy who is exactly what our list needs to take the chance we might be able to work out a trade?
I agree & I'm sure we will commit to him.
However, what if we passed on him & traded our 1st round & a player, for a an upgraded 1st round pick?
Maybe we get a better prospect??? Depends how Hine rates him compared to other potential top draftees.

I can't see us passing him over unless there's a really exceptional player on the table. A player with his ability is a nice prospect but when you factor in his bloodline and leadership qualities he's sure to be a lock.

I can't see us passing him over unless there's a really exceptional player on the table. A player with his ability is a nice prospect but when you factor in his bloodline and leadership qualities he's sure to be a lock.

It would have to be a Massive Trade for it to happen or a getting a Upgrade to a Top 3 Pick

Have heard the club rates him top five and if you want a big man, he is number one.

He will be a pie and we will have to use our first rounder.

I be more then happy to give our 1st Rounder for him.

Just hope that is it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to having him at the club and seeing the name Moore return to the black n white.

I am a little concerned about the potential to be caught in between the way we have with our ruck stocks, missing that player that sits age-wise somewhere between Cloke and Moore.

I don't think White's that man. Do we trade for yet another kpf? Or back Cloke and possibly Reid to get it done for long enough for Moore to establish himself?

Assuming Moore ends up forward not back of course.

I'm looking forward to having him at the club and seeing the name Moore return to the black n white.

I am a little concerned about the potential to be caught in between the way we have with our ruck stocks, missing that player that sits age-wise somewhere between Cloke and Moore.

I don't think White's that man. Do we trade for yet another kpf? Or back Cloke and possibly Reid to get it done for long enough for Moore to establish himself?

Well this year Moore has played as KPF,KPD,Part Time Ruck and in the Midfield

Cloke is durable, see no reason why he can't keep going another 3-4 years. The hope is that Reid will be durable enough too. Grundy and Witts have shown glimpses of decent work up forward and White would probably become depth once Witts and Grundy become more established.

Cloke is durable, see no reason why he can't keep going another 3-4 years. The hope is that Reid will be durable enough too. Grundy and Witts have shown glimpses of decent work up forward and White would probably become depth once Witts and Grundy become more established.

I hope you're right. It only takes one body part to give it up and a durable player is toast in a short space of time. Happens all the time, sadly.

I'd feel better with one more KPF with 2 or 3 seasons under his belt but I suppose we can't change history.

Well this year Moore has played as KPF,KPD,Part Time Ruck and in the Midfield

He won't be a midfielder at his height and I doubt we want a first rounder who's predominantly a ruckman so while I definitely think his versatility is a big asset for us long term, I'd assume that early expectations would be KPP who can go elsewhere.

x2

Poor kid is on a hiding-to-nothing.

We are just so inept in our talls department, he'll be expected to come in and make an immediate impact

I think most of us are realistic enough to know it'll be 4-5 seasons before we see the best of this kid and like all draft picks he could be boom or bust. Only time will tell.

I be more then happy to give our 1st Rounder for him.

Just hope that is it

Not sure whether you saw the thread over at EBW re coterie function with Derek Hine recently, but what he posted was attributed to Hine. I have confirmed it first hand with someone who attended.

Not having a go here but I'd like to remind everyone of the state our club was in when Eddie took on the reigns just before the turn of the millennium.
It could be said we had pretty big issues both on and off field but I think the phrase "truly f*•ked" is a more succinct description.
Fast forward to 2014. We're on a finals streak that has almost spanned a decade and has landed us another flag.
Our off field success has been even greater and the club now appears to be in an unassailable position financially.
Yes he has some restraint issues and tries a bit too hard to "speak for the group" resulting in all the heat being focused solely on him and consequently our club. Yes, we could well do without the wrath he regularly invokes.
It's all a very small price to pay though for the immense benefit he brings. He gives his all to this team we all love and his commitment cannot be questioned.
Love him or hate him, you have to respect what he's done for the club.
Got ya back, love him.

Brent Macaffer was the leading goalkicker in the TAC Cup and FF in the 2006 TAC Cup team of the year. Not saying it's not impressive, but kicking goals in the TAC Cup doesn't necessarily translate to the AFL.

He's a manchild at 196cm and 100kg too, so it's possible he was playing on much smaller opponents. We'll see if Darcy plays on him this weekend, and what he might do.

Fun fact about Reece McKenzie: his father was Carlton premiership player Warren McKenzie, but since Warren only played 67 games for Carlton, he's not eligible as a father-son pick :D

Benefit of having a father who's played at the highest level is these generally live and breathe footy as they're growing up. Should certainly mean good skills. Doesn't guarantee they'll make it themselves but it's a leg up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back