Dare to Dream

Remove this Banner Ad

8 wins at the most guys.

I really understand that we want to see us play finals and do as good as we can but I dare to dream for a premiership in four or five years and for that we NEED good draft picks.

Nick Riewoldt will not be around forever and he is the linchpin in our side right now. We will not win a premiership if we cannot replace his talent in some way.
Yes, losses hurt but they build strength and character as well when your side is still putting in their 100%.

We have proven we are not Melbourne. Now we need to prove that we are not like Carlton aiming for mediocrity but a club willing to take the very worst so that we can have another chance at the very top.

Premiership or bust.

*Cough* North, Tigers, *Cough*
Then again they normally talk themselves up...

As I pointed out on the mainboard we're 3-2 the same as North and we just beat the team that flogged them in Round 1 yet people have been tipping them as a top 4 contender and we were tipped for the spoon, go figure. We've also been a lot more impressive than Richmond who were also tipped to be top 4 or at least top 8 this year.

There is a lot of humble pie being eaten right now by people that tipped us for the spoon which is very enjoyable to watch. I'm not sure if anyone else watches that Sportsfan Clubhouse show on 7mate, Andrew Welsh is the AFL expert on there and tipped us for the spoon, they were all hanging s**t on him last night after we beat Essendon lol.

You have to wonder how so many so called footy experts got it so wrong though. They should have known better than to write off St Kilda and disrespect us, our team has responded like every St Kilda team has over the years by coming out breathing fire and giving them all the middle finger.

It's one of the things I love about this club and by god I'm loving it now.

Last edited:

8 wins at the most guys.

I really understand that we want to see us play finals and do as good as we can but I dare to dream for a premiership in four or five years and for that we NEED good draft picks.

Nick Riewoldt will not be around forever and he is the linchpin in our side right now. We will not win a premiership if we cannot replace his talent in some way.
Yes, losses hurt but they build strength and character as well when your side is still putting in their 100%.

We have proven we are not Melbourne. Now we need to prove that we are not like Carlton aiming for mediocrity but a club willing to take the very worst so that we can have another chance at the very top.

Premiership or bust.

Have to agree wholeheartedly with these comments.

I am not in a rush to play finals.

I also believe that we are still heading for a cliff... all be it a smaller one.

Once Roo, Lenny, Chips and a few others retire, we'd better have some start quality to replace them or we are consigned, as you said, to be like Carlton.

I have said before and I will say it again: This is when our recruiting window is wide open. We either get it right or we are stuffed for another 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back