Universal Love Darren Burgess football fitness academy

Remove this Banner Ad

God no. I can just imagine he being asked questions about how much more money Port offered him as compared to Crows or any other falsehood to attack him. I wish he would stay away from them. When Burgo went to Port, I thought he went there for less money than what the Crows offered. Burgo said he was only always going to come to our club (from what I could remember). The Crows were so sure that they had him that the rumour out was that they did the right thing by Schwert(?) and found him a job with Suns. I think that, on both counts, was a monumental loss for them. So the recent crap about why Bugo chose Port is just crap.

Well done Port. Burgo has got what he deserves. Let's hope its 4 premierships in a row. (I can dream/fantasise/whatever).

I was under the impression that Richmond were the ones to offer him a more lucrative contract, whereas the Crows weren't willing to offer him more than an assistant coach (as specified earlier in this thread).

This doesn't surprise me at all. He didn't come back to Port Adelaide for money, if he wanted cash, he could have stayed in EPL and continue to earn a disgusting amount of cash there. He has work to do with us and won't leave until he's completed his goals.

Nonetheless, fantastic to hear that he's sticking around. Best fitness coach in the AFL by a mile.

Yeah well no surprise that Dr Burgess was staying, Tredders said so and all. ;)

He's part - a major part - of the Ken Hinkley / Fos Williams mantra of training players to a physical standard above and beyond what the opposition can cope with. When Fos went to South Adelaide as coach and tried to implement Port physical training methods the South players all but openly revolted and never achieved anything.

This Port group, like Fos's footballing fanatics of the 1950s, fearlessly take on the Burgess workload and will reap the benefits.

Port Adelaide's Darren Burgess has become the highest-paid high performance manager in the AFL after committing to the game's top-of-the-ladder club until the end of 2018.

Burgess, who confessed early this year that he "owed" Port Adelaide after breaking his last contract with the Power to join the Socceroos, will command an estimated $2 million over four years in a deal which overrides his current contract that ends in 2015.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ports-fitness-boss-darren-burgess-becomes-highest-paid-in-afl-20140617-zsajj.html#ixzz34rUVpMeE

Ka-a-a-a-a-a-BAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGGG

Eat our dust Stephen (too expensive) Trigg and Steady Eddie :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is soooooooooo good to find out that Burgo is going to be at the club for the next several years ..

yipeeeeeeeeee ...

(here's a toast to Burgo - well done)

A bit off topic. Burgess commits to Port for 4 years. Walsh and Hart have just joined us. Ken will re-sign. KT is staying. Key players are unlikely to be going anywhere. Pretty much means we can go hunting without having to worry about other clubs pinching our best.

Well the crows maybe paying part of it .. we will get money from them via the new tax on their tickets lol that will p them off:)

Maybe we can repay them by letting their Fitness / Conditioning Coaches attend the Academy at a reduced rate. Maybe two for the price of one?
Just puttin it out there.

Really awesome news. I was worried for a while we'd lose him again. Now he has unfinished business and it involves some silverware.

Really awesome. Everything is awesome.

"Always root for the local sports team"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back