Universal Love Darren Burgess football fitness academy

Remove this Banner Ad

So his base contract is about $500k, but he stands to make way more through the UNISA academy?

Probably has things in place along those lines, as he should. Is the academy a joint venture partnership with the PAFC ?

The proceeds from one sold out game at AO will take care of his annual salary, right. Right?

err........
maybe not

John Ulcer's in charge
after all

U know
of Motorola,SA Water n ETSA infamy
Myer Centre anyone

Catch Tim maybe

nothing to see here
I can't possibly foresee
every eventuality

He's the victim
in all this
U know that

Two tongued Tony
Told 'im

I can picture it now at the weekend, the crowd are singing NTUA, the boys run through the banner, club song is sung and the roar goes up from the crowd

BUUUURRRRGOOOOO, BUUUURRRRGOOOOO, BUUUURRRRGOOOOO,BUUUURRRRGOOOO.

How do you reckon he would feel hearing that from the faithful?

I was under the impression that Richmond were the ones to offer him a more lucrative contract, whereas the Crows weren't willing to offer him more than an assistant coach (as specified earlier in this thread).
Richmond more than likely did. It still does not mean that the Crow's offer was bigger than Port's offer. And what assistant coach are they talking about? The boot strapper. Give me a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crows didn't even get to make an offer. The whole "we weren't prepared to pay a fitness coach more than blah blah blah" was no more than a PR exercise to both make Trigg look financially responsible, and to cover over the fact they were spurned by Burgess from the word go.

I read/heard somewhere that the reason the Cows let Schwerdt go to the Gold Coast Suns was because they had Burgo lined up as a replacement.

Nah, we'd been working on getting Burgess back when Primus's job was still relatively secure.

Apparently we had him, and then Richmond came into the equation causing Burgess to stall. Then Burgess's wife rang KT saying "Darren's just being silly, he wants to come to Port, Keep at him, he'll snap out of it". This was from KT's mouth at the AGM.

Last edited:
I read/heard somewhere that the reason the Cows let Schwerdt go to the Gold Coast Suns was because they had Burgo lined up as a replacement.
Jars on MMM last night clarified Schwerdt's departure by saying he was just poached with a bigger contract offer.

It's funny that the corp think they can put rumours out there (via cRowe & the Tiser) making it look like they were doing the right thing by letting him go, no club would give up one of the better fitness managers in the land all because they thought they had someone else better lined up.

I doubt Burgo even entertained their interest hence they tried to save face by saying they it would be irresponsible to offer him as much money as we did. It's not like they're strapped for cash, they act like a powerhouse club but realistically they don't have many quality people in their administration.

..... realistically they don't have many quality people in their administration.
No, no, no.

They have quality people in their administration and they must do what ever it takes to keep them FOREVER.

Probably the first case ever of having to hand a premiership medal to the fitness guy....
Getting ahead of ourselves there. What I would like to see is that some of the signed memorabilia that's signed by players and the coach also includes Burgo's signature.

Seeing Burgo in his Port training gear inspired me to put mine on and go for a run last night. Who knows, I may even do it again tonight!
Put on your We Are Port Adelaide top given out at the Showdown. Wearing that at the gym it when you think 'Can I get out this next rep or do I give in' has you think of Ken and Burgo and what they'd think if didn't do it. It's a great motivational tool. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back