• Luke McPharlin (Fremantle Supporter)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Darren Glass (neutral)

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Luke McPharlin (Neutral)

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved Glass as a player. Super career, great leader and a good bloke by all accounts but more of a blue collar player while McPharlin is a thoroughbred, more highly strung injury wise but his high marking and general athleticism have him as my favourite.

Yeah different players. If we were playing against an explosive forward like Buddy I'd rather Luke, but a bullocking forward like Barry Hall I'd rather Glass. Not that they couldn't play on the opposite, just more suited.

Over their careers you'd have to say Darren Glass pretty comfortably -

3 X Best & Fairest( Runner up in a premiership team)
3 X All Australian(one as captain)
Premiership Player

At their best i don't think there is a massive difference between the two though, with Luke probably being a little better.

Who was the better full back?

Glass easily.

Who was the better footballer?

McPharlin easily.

Over their careers you'd have to say Darren Glass pretty comfortably -

3 X Best & Fairest( Runner up in a premiership team)
3 X All Australian(one as captain)
Premiership Player

At their best i don't think there is a massive difference between the two though, with Luke probably being a little better.

Should really be 2 AA's v 2. Mcpharlin was absolutely bent over in 2011 by the AA selectors, whilst Glass along with Scarlett were incredibly lucky. As for the poll, both were as good as each other defensively but Mcpharlin's time as a forward and his general rebounding nous have him slightly ahead imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

both stars would be in my best team over the last decade with McPharlin at CHB & Glass in a back pocket next to Scarlett.
line ball decision, but I reckon Luke was better against the speedsters, Darren vs the gorillas, but Luke offered more attack.

I've always been fond of Darren Glass.

Back