Delisted Darren Minchington

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the comparison of Minchington to Prestia has some legs.

Very similar types. Remains to be seen if Minch can reach the same heights, but very similar type players.

I really think Minchington will take his game to the next level in 2016. His most recent VFL game is a sign of what's to come. Amazing performance. I think we are limiting him by playing him as a small forward, another bloke we initially pigeoned as a small forward was jack steven and he has taken his game to amazing heights since becoming a full time mid. What do people see as Minchington's weaknesses and what does he need to improve on?

I really think Minchington will take his game to the next level in 2016. His most recent VFL game is a sign of what's to come. Amazing performance. I think we are limiting him by playing him as a small forward, another bloke we initially pigeoned as a small forward was jack steven and he has taken his game to amazing heights since becoming a full time mid. What do people see as Minchington's weaknesses and what does he need to improve on?

He's one of the most underrated on our list imo. Needs extended time in the 1s to really step it up a gear.

Stamina, fitness his biggest flaw I would have thought. Should be able to improve it with time.

That's the real problem with his height. Someone like Armitage 183cm can shed muscle and still be big enough, but Minch is that little bit smaller so he may need the bulk to be an inside mid but it makes developing his tank tougher.

I think the comparison of Minchington to Prestia has some legs.

Very similar types. Remains to be seen if Minch can reach the same heights, but very similar type players.
Admittedly, they're pretty short legs. But still, true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One I am really interested in is Minchington. HIS game in the PF was easily the best I had seen from him and BOG behind Brown. A finals VFL is close to an AFL game. Would love to see Meatball tear it up this season
Great story involving Meatball on Ch 9 News last week. He's taken part in a VIS trial of a drug-free exercise regime (paying attention Essendon?) to fix tendon pain. Hes suffered from it for the last couple of years
He spoke very highly of the program and said he's pain-free for the first time in ages. His time might be now :)
Interesting article about a special treatment for Meatball's tendonitis, that seems to have worked. http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/01/31/tendonitis-knee-australia_n_9122450.html
Looking forward to him getting a run or two in the midfield and watching him demonstrate his beautiful disposal skills on the big stage

Minch on Tassie Radio... rather odd compere...

Minch on Tassie Radio... rather odd compere...

Had no idea what that word meant but after Googling it, I agree.

As much as I love Minch, I don't think he's one to have in your Fantasy side...

Also as silly as those questions were, I would agree with all of his answers :p

So there's one for the "just play him in the midfield" crew. Now that he's finally got a full preseason under his belt he's actually got the fitness to be able to play in there.

I'd love to see him finally get some security. I hope we give him a 2-3 year contract as I think he's just going to keep improving and will be at worst a very good backup.

Lindsay Gilbee on Minch's game in the practice match between Sandringham and Williamstown.

Darren Minchington

“Darren had a really promising start on the back of winning his clearances, which Bully [Longer] gave him so good looks in there. He had it close to 20 times, kicked a couple of goals in really challenghing conditions. His speed an impact around the contest was really noticeable. To finish off his work with a couple of goals on the back of crumbing and second bounce was really good.”

Solid game from our Meatball. Certainly keeping himself relevant when it comes to team changes.

Apologies for being a slack advocate, had limited time and internet access.

As I'm sure you're all aware, Minch put in a huge VFL effort against Essendon with 30-odd touches and 4 goals in order to earn a recall against Geelong.

A very handy game from the Minch, he finished as the leading scorer on the ground with 3 goals. Took some handy marks and put on some good pressure, earning 16 touches in the process.

8 K, 8 H, 16 D (5 contested), 5 M, 3 T, 15 Pressure Acts.

Certainly did well enough to ensure his spot next week. I think we look better with him in, I like his work as a forward and I want to seem him spend some more time in the guts in the coming weeks.

He was one of our better players against the cats although probably one of the many who ran out of gas in the last quarter, but was very impressive up till then. Think he may be in the side for awhile now. Deserves a good run in the ones now after good form against the cats . Seems to like kicking goals against them . When he goes forward they struggle to match up against him. If he keeps up that sort of form might be in seniors all year.

Sent via HAL

https://shar.es/1BA4KE

St Kilda General Manager Football Performance Jamie Cox has confirmed Darren Minchington will undergo surgery this week to repair ligaments in his ankle.

6c9c37997018de54378919f4eea3092f.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back