Status
Not open for further replies.

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
well done to south 2's but queeny have proved themselves on the grass and are gunna be very very hard to beat!
Yep South been the benchmark all year and deserve to be there as do the Crows as they travel every second week , Yolla may have lost some momentum lately but have been up ans about all year.Natone have done well thus far in both grades

Thatswhat

Debutant
Apr 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If South win their 6th in a row would this be a record Australia wide bearing in mind Georgetown Seniors won 8 in a row ?

Do they keep records for country reserves? Really, if South pride themselves on this they are deluded. Correct me if im wrong, but clearly not getting their best 22 in seniors each week and it is making the club a joke. I hope they can get somebody in there to coach and sort it out because they will only get respect in the football community when they do.

Natone may have too much leg speed for Queeny on Wivenhoe, peaking at the right time. good luck to them.

Too Soon

Debutant
Jul 4, 2010
Somewhere near you.
AFL Club
GWS
Would like to say well done to South Burnie's Jake Brakey and Kurt Lampery winner the One's and Two's DFA Best & Fairest.:thumbsu:

Good Luck to Queenstown,Natone and South Burnie for Saturday GF

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
Do they keep records for country reserves? Really, if South pride themselves on this they are deluded. Correct me if im wrong, but clearly not getting their best 22 in seniors each week and it is making the club a joke. I hope they can get somebody in there to coach and sort it out because they will only get respect in the football community when they do.

Natone may have too much leg speed for Queeny on Wivenhoe, peaking at the right time. good luck to them.
I don,t think South do pride themselves and Macca did the right thing by not playing blokes if they did not train.Do the "best" 22 train and committ or do they technically "play" better at 2 pm.If blokes just want to have a kick socially and not train but yet form a very formidable side on any given Saturday,good luck to them.Natone have done very well in both grades to get there and you are more chance than plenty not playing on the day.Hope the weather is as good as it has been for the sake of the players and the crowd and can bar.Congrats to Leonie Riley and her crew at the DFA dinner out at Cuprona on Sunday.What happened to the good old days when the DFA put two barrells on, surely with admission going up all year there would be a bit in the coffer especially pulling 8fity for a signed DFA jumper !If Turner up and about again this week the Crows backs may struggle to hold him but with any game it will be won and lost in the midfield.Can the Pies get over the line this year or not:rolleyes:

dennis cheese

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2009
wolf creek
Whats the go with the Grand final this week. Who can give me a run down on the game. I will be there watching it as i always am. My old man tells me that Queeny will win it on their day with leg speed and raw skill but he also pencilled Natone in weeks ago as a dark horse to make it and give it a shake.

desarnol

Debutant
Apr 29, 2009
Burnie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ridgley Football Club
Queenstown certainly have excellent leg speed and their rotations through the mid are spot on. However Natone have a few with genuine leg speed, but their biggest asset is their accountability, they are prepared to run both ways and work hard for teammates. Should be a cracker of a game, my tip Natone by 3 goals, with BOG going to Dev.

dennis cheese

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2009
wolf creek
Queenstown certainly have excellent leg speed and their rotations through the mid are spot on. However Natone have a few with genuine leg speed, but their biggest asset is their accountability, they are prepared to run both ways and work hard for teammates. Should be a cracker of a game, my tip Natone by 3 goals, with BOG going to Dev.

Your going arent you des? Il be there having a look. I was gonna go watch Penguin but after watching them play Wynyard a few weeks ago I wouldnt waste my time!

Checkside_18

Draftee
Sep 15, 2008
Burnie
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Your going arent you des? Il be there having a look. I was gonna go watch Penguin but after watching them play Wynyard a few weeks ago I wouldnt waste my time!

Should go watch Penguin mate, they might win! Be good for you to actually see a successful winning Penguin team rather than the team you had 5 wins from your 50 odd games! Go Two Blues!

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
congrats to natone seniors and south 2s on winning the cups.
My sentiments exactly Buddy.South very deserving and in the Seniors the Pies momentum just kept going on the day.Cannot begrudge them after dropping the last couple.As with Somerset last year ,leg speed a major factor on the weekend.What about the fight in the last quarter, if Dev had not have kicked the goal I reckon it would still be going.Good to see a couple of Circular Head lads in Burke and Heald there and maybe other clubs need to poach some Soccer players eg Treloar,Johno brothers and De Bomford played a major part in the victory.

May 23, 2010
Burnie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My sentiments exactly Buddy.South very deserving and in the Seniors the Pies momentum just kept going on the day.Cannot begrudge them after dropping the last couple.As with Somerset last year ,leg speed a major factor on the weekend.What about the fight in the last quarter, if Dev had not have kicked the goal I reckon it would still be going.Good to see a couple of Circular Head lads in Burke and Heald there and maybe other clubs need to poach some Soccer players eg Treloar,Johno brothers and De Bomford played a major part in the victory.

didnt de bomford play 2's moocher??? and what a s**t example of country footy when a bloke goes to shake your hand and he gets headbutted! poor thing to do with a lot of families around the ground!

buddyhawka

Debutant
Jan 8, 2009
the bronx
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Too true Breu Dare you are a dumb ****head weak has piss from you i though you was a lot better person and that.:thumbsdown:
doesnt matter who the person was its the poorest form of sportsmanship to strike a bloke after the game when he comes to shake hands with u. plus to add to that the guy that was hit is one of the fairest blokes ever to play the game so that makes the whole thing alot worse. all u have done is give a bad name to the good people at your club. i hope they kick your arse to the curb:thumbsdown:

super south

Draftee
Sep 11, 2008
burnie
AFL Club
Richmond
The association has to act on these types of incidents, on what otherwise was a great day of footy. The Dawin has achevied a better reputation than our fellow associations on the north west if this sort of thing continues it wont be for long:(

dishlicka

Debutant
Oct 12, 2009
on a hill
AFL Club
Carlton
The association has to act on these types of incidents, on what otherwise was a great day of footy. The Dawin has achevied a better reputation than our fellow associations on the north west if this sort of thing continues it wont be for long:(
To true south should lay a complaint,any witness's should be called and tribunal should rub him out for 6 to 8 weeks next year:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
didnt de bomford play 2's moocher??? and what a s**t example of country footy when a bloke goes to shake your hand and he gets headbutted! poor thing to do with a lot of families around the ground!
Yep, but he was part of the Senior squad , just an analogy of a player or players coming from "outside" the club and-or from a different code and what a difference they can make.I only went in after half time in the Seniors so I did not see the incident after the:thumbsdown: reserves had finished so I will not comment although plenty must have seen it apparently and yes the DFA should act on it.This is the stuff that an executive should actually be doing rather than spending their time worrying about stolen or misplaced jumpers and balls from the combined game and drafting ridiculous letters and calling meetings with the "accused" people and reading stuff on this forum and trying to identify people.Fair dinkum,get the priorities right fellas,excluding Kristen as she has now finished.Get the Yeomans and Cupronas back on track as well to sustain a viable and successful comp:eek:

desarnol

Debutant
Apr 29, 2009
Burnie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ridgley Football Club
Yep, but he was part of the Senior squad , just an analogy of a player or players coming from "outside" the club and-or from a different code and what a difference they can make.I only went in after half time in the Seniors so I did not see the incident after the:thumbsdown: reserves had finished so I will not comment although plenty must have seen it apparently and yes the DFA should act on it.This is the stuff that an executive should actually be doing rather than spending their time worrying about stolen or misplaced jumpers and balls from the combined game and drafting ridiculous letters and calling meetings with the "accused" people and reading stuff on this forum and trying to identify people.Fair dinkum,get the priorities right fellas,excluding Kristen as she has now finished.Get the Yeomans and Cupronas back on track as well to sustain a viable and successful comp:eek:

You make some interesting points there mooch. How would the executive go about getting the yeomans and cupronas back on track. I've seen Yeoman and Cuprona win flags, and I have seen them dish out some beltings to some of the more recently successful clubs. How is it for the executive to assist the clubs getting back on track. Financial dispensation under a salary cap is not going to help, as we all know that the cap is not a barrier to some.

As for the time worrying about jumpers from rep games, that is ridiculous, the rep players should be given the playing gear. I was under the impression that the Darwin was sponsored by Cougar sportswear, would not this sponsorship cover cost????

Nominate or have someone nominate you for a position on the exec mooch, see if you can enable some of these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back