Retired David Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

His fourth quarter yesterday was amazing - the total disregard for his safety and well being over the absolute will to get to the ball first reminded me of Luke Ball at his best (that is meant as a huge compliment !).

I was sitting at the other end of the ground when he missed his kick on the run - was it touched before he marked it (or did he have the chance to take a set shot) ? No criticism, with all the adrenalin pumping after he got the ball, you can't blame him for taking the shot, I'm just curious.

His fourth quarter yesterday was amazing - the total disregard for his safety and well being over the absolute will to get to the ball first reminded me of Luke Ball at his best (that is meant as a huge compliment !).

I was sitting at the other end of the ground when he missed his kick on the run - was it touched before he marked it (or did he have the chance to take a set shot) ? No criticism, with all the adrenalin pumping after he got the ball, you can't blame him for taking the shot, I'm just curious.

I think it was a mark...he'd just watched Milney do it too many times recently. :eek:

69% TOG on the weekend and still only had 10 touches.

As i say he is very good defensively, but still think he lacks a bit of the skill, which is working into space and finding the pill.

Kicked 2 goals tho which is very encouraging.

7 tackles, so tackling is good as it always is with him.

Bit harsh, it was very congested and he was on the bottom of a few of those packs. Certainly impressive that he was one of our only two multiple goal scorers.

Hopefully he's watching Lenny like a hawk and learning all he can.

He originates from the same grass roots club i am aligned with. I expect Armitage will play his 7TH consecutive game this week due to the football deparmtment being more than satisfied he is playing whatever role is asked of him.

Would like to see more from him offensively like he does at VFL level, but some of the in-close stuff is really underrated, like the bumps on guys before they can impact the contest and the desparate lunges to affect a kick. He looks quite big across the chest and I've been wondering whether he is a little heavy (with a resultant impact on his mobility).

His running goal was pretty crucial to give us a bit of momentum and to kick two was a pretty handy return in a low scoring game.

Great to see him down at Sandy supporting the boys with Gilbo & Freddo - actually, he was just hanging around looking cool :cool::D

Must be for an off-field reason.

Adds so much toughness at the moment - players like him don't grow on trees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be for an off-field reason.

Adds so much toughness at the moment - players like him don't grow on trees.
It must be?

Only averaging 7 kicks as a midfielder, simply isn't enough.

Doesn't work hard enough going forward.

Very good defensively but really needs to learn how to work into space and find the ball going forward.

It must be?

Only averaging 7 kicks as a midfielder, simply isn't enough.

Doesn't work hard enough going forward.

Very good defensively but really needs to learn how to work into space and find the ball going forward.

We could talk about contested posessions, as opposed to kicking the ball away after someone else gave it to him.

My love for him is blind. But yeah I can see that he isn't getting enough of it. Thoght he would have done enough last week, alas.

Least he's coming out for Gram, would have shat bricks if it were for Eddy or something.

After round 6 Armitage 2nd for the club in tackles..34
3rd in hard ball gets ..28
4 th in inside 50's..16
leading player for contested possessions 46.9% [Hayes 31.8]

No wonder he was dropped.:(

I don't think people understand why he was dropped.

No doubt he is great in the packs.

But he does not work hard enough into space to be an offensive threat going forward.

This was Luke Ball's criticism as well.

I don't think people understand why he was dropped.

No doubt he is great in the packs.

But he does not work hard enough into space to be an offensive threat going forward.

This was Luke Ball's criticism as well.

Yet the week he was dropped he kicked 2 of our 7 goals?

Sorry, probs not the best bloke to have an unbiased discussion with about Armo :D

I heard he was dropped because he doesn't work hard enough the other way?

Yet the week he was dropped he kicked 2 of our 7 goals?

Sorry, probs not the best bloke to have an unbiased discussion with about Armo :D
silly post.

one lucky fortuitous goal off the ground and another regulation goal.

How many touches did he get around the ground tho, this is his weakness, either ignorant or terribly biased to not realise this, for you I think it's bias, for John Bonney I think it's both.

silly post.

one lucky fortuitous goal off the ground and another regulation goal.

How many touches did he get around the ground tho, this is his weakness, either ignorant or terribly biased to not realise this, for you I think it's bias, for John Bonney I think it's both.
The two games Armitage has played of late were average but passable for anyone else. For whatever reason he had been used as a half forward flanker and not in the middle. Stats. were ok for TOG etc, but Lyon still maintains his vendetta against the likeable lad.
Compare his figures with those of replacement's Heyne[7 disposals] and McQualter[6 disposals]. Armitage would surely be dropped again on numbers like that but their is one set of standards for him another for Lyon's pet project players.:confused:

Now needs to look at his options as Lyon will pick Eddy and Geary and Peake and McQualter ....or anyone for that matter in front of him regardless of their relative performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back