Retired David Armitage

Player Advocate 2016: Sir Skid
Player Advocate 2017: Kildonan

Code:
Pos Number Player    Age    Games    Price          2011            2010            2009            2008            2007      
                    DT      SC       Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
MID 20 ARMITAGE, David    23    63    $294,800 $337,900 21     67.8    71.3    9     71.0    69.4    3     91.3    97.3    11    55.0    60.2    3    30.6    32.6

ARMITAGE-David.png

Full Name: David Armitage
Date Of Birth: 16 June 1988 (1988-06-16) (age 23)
Recruited From: Morningside (QAFL) Originally from East Mackay AFC Drafted Pick #9 2006 AFL Draft
Height: 183cm
Weight: 83kg
AFL Debut: Round 8, 2007

At the NAB National Draft Camp he impressed with finishing first in the "Agility Test" and placed in the top 10 for both the "Beep Test" and "3km Time Trial".

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
It's a big year for Armo.

Really needs to stand up and deliver some good footy for us this year. Need that good inside midfielder.

Looked a bit off on Saturday Nights vs. the Swans although 8 tackles is nice.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
A better performance today.

Although the worrying thing is, he really did well in the first and last quarter when we were right on top.

But simply couldn't find it in the second and third when North broke even with us.

That said, he was a better contributer tonight, and he is a great tackler.

And a MUCH better kick than Luke Ball.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
First to the ball on 7 occasions is OK.
I'd like to see him do well next week, to prove wrong a certain multi-quoting Collingwood troll, who says he can't string together two good performances in a row.

Ball has probably been playing slightly better as a clearance player so far this year, but I know who has the biggest potential upside.

Nov 19, 2008
lamberts beach
AFL Club
St Kilda
21 Touches,10 uncontested,8 more quality tackles[to be club leader]and a goal the result of hard running.Not bad ,room for improvement starting next week versus ''you know who'':D

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I've got some procrastination to do, so a shitty, bias and largely pointless bio of Armo shall be completed!

David Armitage

531652_1_O.jpg

Number: 20
Height: 183cm
Weight: 84kg
DOB: 16-06-1988
Debut: 2007

David was picked up at no.9 in the 2006 super draft. At first I was disppointed to hear we had not taken Riewoldt's younger cousin, Jack. But in time I developed such a man love for this kid...that it's probably unhealthy. He was taken presumably at the time as a backup for Ball and a long term replacement for Lenny. Due to unforseen circumstances, it seems his time has come earlier thanks to Luke Ball being a s**t kent.

Taken behind Gibbs, Boak and Selwood in the midfield stakes. He probably went just about where he should. And whilst I believe he's twice the man Gibbs will ever be, he still has a little bit to do to catch up...We picked him up knowing he was a hardnut with a more than handy left boot. Knows no other than to throw his body at a contest, seriously doesn't even think about what could happen to him and puts it all on the line. Loves a bit of biff, regularly giving it to opposition players (Luke Hodge if you don't mind!) And if we give him enough games and game time to keep him at the Saints beyong 2010, I can see him developing in the Lenny and BJ mould with an immense passion for the club which will see him loved by everyone, even those not following the Saints.

Managing only 1 game in 2007 (the infamous floodfest against Hawthorn that had us demanding Lyon be sacked) he improved in 2008 to play

computer asploding, gonna reply this and then finish it later1!

Zagg

Club Legend
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Norwich City
I've noticed an increasing number of young females at our games with the number 20 on their backs - let's hope he repays their faith in him :thumbsu:

Zagg

Club Legend
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Norwich City
Nov 19, 2008
lamberts beach
AFL Club
St Kilda
Every time I think of Armo, I shudder at the fact that he's a Gold Coast boy who's out of contract at the end of this year.
Would think the GC would have him on their radar but in fact he is not from there,rather 1,000 or so Kilometres North from Mackay in sultry NQ.
He was born and bred there but moved to Brisbane in 2005 to finish his schooling and played two seasons with Morningside in the AFLQ ,the club of origin for the Voss's amongst others.He played in losing Grand Final the first year versus a Southport side that contained a fellow called Sam Gilbert.
The next year he easily won the Rising Star award against a field including Ricky Petterd,Gav Urqhart,Kurt Tippett,Albie Proud,Renouf,Hampson and Jesse White.:thumbsu:

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Would think the GC would have him on their radar but in fact he is not from there,rather 1,000 or so Kilometres North from Mackay in sultry NQ.
He was born and bred there but moved to Brisbane in 2005 to finish his schooling and played two seasons with Morningside in the AFLQ ,the club of origin for the Voss's amongst others.He played in losing Grand Final the first year versus a Southport side that contained a fellow called Sam Gilbert.
The next year he easily won the Rising Star award against a field including Ricky Petterd,Gav Urqhart,Kurt Tippett,Albie Proud,Renouf,Hampson and Jesse White.:thumbsu:

Have the GC actually stated that they would be particularly targeting Queenslanders, or is it a media beat up.
If I was recruiting I could see the value in having Carmichael Hunt, and some big names, and SOME local talent. But in general I think I'd try to get the best available , irregardless of birthplace.
I hope that Armo is in fact the best , but not available.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Really like this bloke he will be your joel selwood and if he keeps playing well and racks up higher possies every week i reckon he will be a better player that selwood,simply because of that nice left foot.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Really like this bloke he will be your joel selwood and if he keeps playing well and racks up higher possies every week i reckon he will be a better player that selwood,simply because of that nice left foot.

That nice left foot is the big difference between him and Ball. We haven't seen much of it so far this year, but its good to know we have another midfielder who might be able to get one from 50 out if he needs to.

the emergency

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 30, 2010
Funkytown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Moving along nicely.
Many forget he only has about 22 games tallied up now, and more of a run with the 1s should ensure that he will get more of a feel for the faster pace of AFL.
Watch this space

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Watching the Sydney game on TV, I thought his efforts in the packs were pretty good, getting a fist to the ball at ground level and tapping it to a teammate doesn't generate a stat does it?
Watching the game from the stands ( Collingwood ) I have a much harder time seeing whats going on at ground level in the middle. He seemed to be going in hard though.

Back