Retired David Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

we need to get an extension of his contract another 3 or 4 years very soon. Fro mwhe way he currently is playing, I am sure his price would be going up every week.

Armitage strikes me as the sort of player who wants to be a one club man. If he continues to perform at his current level of output he will become an AFL legend. If he leads us to our next flag at the same time, his name will sit alongside some very prominent Saints legends!

Really like this part of the article:

The Saints announced their potential in style when Armitage had an amazing 45 disposals in their 55-point come-from-behind win against the Western Bulldogs in round six.

It could easily have been in different colours though. Greg [Armo's father] revealed Richmond had made a serious first-round offer for Armitage.

"I'm not sure David would have gone," he said. "He loves the Saints and he'll die with that club, I'd say."

Expand the quote. I don't think Armo will be going anywhere.

He signed a 4 year deal back in 2012/13, I think it's only a matter of time before he signs another long-term deal, with a slightly larger payday :p

Hopefully he's willing to take unders to help us build the team. He'd be worth a lot but imo we really need all our guys to take a little bit less to get us over the line against the teams we'll be up against.

Not sure if he ever entertained it but I always thought we were extremely lucky to hold on to armo at the end of 2010.. Given he struggled for opportunities during the Lyon era and grand finals, I always feared the go home factor would be strong.. He barely played in his first 4 years.. Only 28 games... For a midfielder drafted that high I was all but certain he would sign with the Gold Coast at the end of 2010 and was shocked he didn't.. No idea if it was ever entertained though

How glad I am He stayed and got his chances post Ross

Armo in for the long haul
Luke Holmesby - @LukeHolmesby

St Kilda has scored another major re-signing coup with in-form midfielder David Armitage signing a three-year contract extension.

Armitage, who was already contracted for next year, has committed to the Saints until at least the end of 2019 which should see him be a one-club player.

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-06/armo-in-for-the-long-haul

Hopefully he's willing to take unders to help us build the team. He'd be worth a lot but imo we really need all our guys to take a little bit less to get us over the line against the teams we'll be up against.
we have to use 95% of the cap and dont have a lot of big earners left so I hope he got a reasonable deal. what is his worth? 600 a season?

we have to use 95% of the cap and dont have a lot of big earners left so I hope he got a reasonable deal. what is his worth? 600 a season?

You don't need to overpay people to meet the cap, you can just frontload contracts or prepay them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome! How good has it been watching Armo blossom into the player we all know and love today?

It fills me with so much encouragement when our players continue to commit to the future. I have no doubt he will be one of the players who will lead us into the future and beyond.

Last edited:
we need to get an extension of his contract another 3 or 4 years very soon. Fro mwhe way he currently is playing, I am sure his price would be going up every week.
Big fan of Armo.
Sammm for list mmmanager.

Armo acknowledged as the likely next captain in The Age article today.
Now that would be icing on the cake for my pick 32 advocate selection wouldn't it!;)
Comeon!!!!!
upload_2015-12-7_20-8-15.jpeg

St Kilda – Nick Riewoldt
After 10 years as Saints skipper, it might be time for the champion 33-year-old to hand over the reins to one of the club's emerging leaders such as David Armitage. Riewoldt is still arguably the Saints' most important player, but as the team begins its climb back up the ladder, as expected, next season, it could provide the perfect opportunity for a new face to lead the way in the next phase of their rebuild.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2015-afl-captains-review-20151203-glephc.html#ixzz3tckCL3ja

Last edited:
Question for Armo fans!

What make and model car was he sitting in for this pic?
220px-David_Armitage.jpg

Catching up a bit so this one's out of order.

Interchange reduction in cap to help the likes of Armo.
In his words:
"I personally think that's a win," Armitage said.
"You won't see the mids rotating and coming off the bench as much, which will be exciting for the game.
"You'll see the Dangerfields and the Fyfes and the Abletts resting forward and it's going to be so exciting for footy and for the fans.
"I think it's a really good move. I'm really excited. I might even be able to get up forward.
"It's going to be more endurance-based, whereas it was trending towards the athletics profile.
"It'll suit me a bit, the plodders, so I'm looking forward to it."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-12-01/armitage-a-fan-of-interchange-cap

Jennifer Pehlam suggested today Gears & Armo main choices for captain if Roo doesn't hold onto it.

"Geary and David Armitage loom as the obvious candidates to replace Riewoldt if the club seeks a change, with other official leaders Leigh Montagna and Sean Dempster in the twilight of their careers and Jack Newnes and Maverick Weller new to the group this season".

Geary's comments from the interview:
"I'd like the club to be in a position where there's a lot of blokes putting their hands up to be captain.
"Armo (Armitage) did a good job when he had the opportunity throughout the year and Jack (Newnes) and Mav (Weller) have been progressing in their leadership as well and they're probably going to be around for a little bit longer than Armo and myself.
"I'm not sure the direction the club will go in but there's definitely a few blokes that are capable of doing it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-09/saints-defender-praises-carlisles-great-work-ethic

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...-lead-revival-carlisle-attempting-to/2859733/

This is from the 2nd Dec but relevant so included it.

ST KILDA gun David Armitage is intent on leading a resurgence at the club, which hasn't played finals footy in four years.
The midfielder was at Alexandra Headland beach yesterday, when his team took to the water for surf drills as part of their pre-season training.
While the 27-year-old did not partake as a precaution to an ongoing injury, he is eager to play an influential role at the Saints this campaign.

"It is important to help out these young guys and help them because in a couple of years we are going to be striving for the ultimate success and hopefully I am standing up there with a premiership medal," Armitage said.
"I just want consistency again and look to lead again and help out these young guys.
"There is probably more weight on my shoulders to help these young guys and that is another thing as well as my own expectations on what I want to deliver throughout the season."

Adelaide BF - 2016 AFC Draft Game
Selection 64 (whole comp - BARGAIN!) - Bacon8: David Armitage-Saints

"Player #b1b9b4 – David Armitage (St Kilda FC)

Probably the next captain of the club, this guy is amazing. Runner up in the Stains B&F in 2015, the Trevor Barker medal isn’t far away. 12th in disposals, 14th in clearance, his inside mid game is strong. Considers himself the best player at the club when it comes to pilates – fair call mate."

St+Kilda+Saints+Media+Training+Session+Y4mpAyM5EyIl.jpg

Rocking the Orange wheels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back