David De Gea saga and fallout

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that statement from Real Madrid is true, why did United take eight hours to send the contracts back to Madrid?

From the sounds of it it doesn't sound like it was Madrid who left it late though.

The loser in all of this is De Gea, the poor bastard.

Won't of course know until we hear from the other side but the first statement by RM probably isn't the whole truth.

madrid seem to indicate that united had no interest in talking about it until 8 hours before the end.

one side will be right, one wrong, it'll all come out in the next days, maybe hours.

RM offer a large sum of money and he's sold. MU (and in particular LVG) have consistently indicated that DDG wants to go. We're not talking about bankrupt clubs here - MU know RM can offer 30m+ and yet it's only right on deadline day that a bid gets accepted. Like I said before, this could've been done way sooner and it's not contingent on the selling club to accept whatever is thrown at them.

In the long run the only thing that matters is that a deal that both clubs wanted to get done, didnt get done.

If one side wants to feel better about themselves by blaming it all on the other side it doesnt change that fact.

United go whack.
And say that the deal they wanted to go through didnt go through, but it wasnt their fault.

Good for them. That'll show .... err .... someone.

And say that the deal they wanted to go through didnt go through, but it wasnt their fault.

Good for them. That'll show .... err .... someone.
Your right as usual. The club shouldn't defend themselves against baseless accusations. Rather, just cop it.

Your right as usual. The club shouldn't defend themselves against baseless accusations. Rather, just cop it.

When it comes to United, moomba turns into a massive idiot.

Clear as day that it was RMs fault. They tried to shift the blame and United said hold on.

"• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club's preference was not to sell.

"• No offer was received for David until yesterday.

"• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

"• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

"• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 2042 BST. David's documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 2232 BST.

"• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

"• Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

"• At this point Navas' documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

"• At 2258 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted -- all before the deadline.

"• It is our understanding that the deals couldn't happen because:

"- Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

"- Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

"• The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The Club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put this here as well, rather than the transfer thread.

Could just be me but I'm starting to think this may have happened deliberately.

They can sell to the fans that they tried to get him but now they can save 30 mil and pick him up for nothing in 10 months time. They've still got Navas as well so it's not like they were in some desperate need.

you also said there was no way a deal would be agreed unless sergio ramos was involved.

all up to van gaal now. if he continues his petty little grudge and leaves de gea out of the team then he just looks like a massive fool.

I don't think LvG has a grudge against De Gea at all, he has been right to keep him out of the side, due to all the ongoing speculation, all clubs do that.

I'll put this here as well, rather than the transfer thread.

Which if true is just pathetic from RM, they have ****ed around two players in this. I hope in Jan that David assesses his options and another bigger and better Spanish club might look like a better option.

I never said the club shouldnt defend themselves, and even said that they will be keen to deny they made the first move.

But neither club has gone whack, both look like a bit s**t in the whole affair IMO.

Not sure why you think this is about me being right or wrong, it has nothing to do with me. BF seems to be getting like that a bit nowadays unfortunately.

Which if true is just pathetic from RM, they have stuffed around two players in this. I hope in Jan that David assesses his options and another bigger and better Spanish club might look like a better option.
No doubt but it seems far more likely than 'oops, we forgot to lodge the paperwork on time'.

When it comes to United, moomba turns into a massive idiot.

Clear as day that it was RMs fault. They tried to shift the blame and United said hold on.
Don't see why a comment about a transfer needs to be met by a comment about a poster.

Getting a bit sick of it on BF to be honest.

Don't mind a bit of banter or pisstaking, but it's getting a bit much atm.

As I've said I don't think it matters who's fault it is. A deal both clubs want done hasnt been done.

No doubt but it seems far more likely than 'oops, we forgot to lodge the paperwork on time'.

Can't argue with that, only one side is claiming to have a FIFA time stamp and the backing of a football association.

I never said the club shouldnt defend themselves, and even said that they will be keen to deny they made the first move.

But neither club has gone whack, both look like a bit s**t in the whole affair IMO.

Not sure why you think this is about me being right or wrong, it has nothing to do with me. BF seems to be getting like that a bit nowadays unfortunately.
Mate, you love the last word and love to be right. I'm certainly not the first person to point this out. Usually i don't give a s**t but this is getting very tiresome mate.

Don't see why a comment about a transfer needs to be met by a comment about a poster.

Getting a bit sick of it on BF to be honest.

Don't mind a bit of banter or pisstaking, but it's getting a bit much atm.

Don't act like an idiot and I won't call you one. Trust me, I'm keeping it very mild to what you are actually acting like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back