Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver King Great write up! Thanks for doing it.
The West is incredibly tough again and although I am confident we'll make the playoffs I am worried about the C position. Corpse O'Neal helped us out a lot last season. Hope beyond hope Ezili is ready to give quality minutes and that Bogut can last most of the season.

Everywhere else we look pretty strong.
Remembering that series we had with the Spurs a couple of seasons ago. Measuring ourselves against the best you could see we had the potential to play with the best but were sadly lacking in organisation compared with the benchmark of the competition. Hopefully Kerr has instilled a sense of pride in the play leading up to making a basket rather than the basket itself.
Defensively with some gratitude to our previous coach we look the goods mostly. Curry and Lee need to improve.
I'm hoping Steph also cuts down those bad turnovers he's capable of when the pressure gets turned up. We have some extra help on the ball handling side of things so that helps.
Objectively there are a few teams ahead of us in development and a couple right by our side and a few more biting at our heels but we look reasonably strong to challenge for a top 4 finish.

Thought I'd move my reply to this thread. Also, we should get the thread title changed to a dubs discussion thread.

Shaky win. Played pretty bad, but still won. Our defence covered our mostly shocking shooting.

Still got a bit of work to do as we learn the new offensive system, but it should come eventually. Shouldn't shoot that bad too often hopefully. Green was really good today. Even Speights surprised. Iguodala off the bench as predicted, but still played about 30mins . Hopefully he plays with the starters more as Livingston gets more minutes.

There are so many unknowns to be able to predict how well we go this season. Could go really well or only average. Excited though.

Yeah, pretty average win but we got going towards the end and looked decent.

No issues with our defence but we struggled at times moving the ball, which we did so well in the preseason, Bogut actually helps a lot with this

Green and Curry were good, Klay atleast got to the line 10 times and Barnes' rebounding/confidence towards the end was nice, I like him at the stretch 4

Speights was good, though I wonder if he plays at all next game with Lee back

Also, we should get the thread title changed to a dubs discussion thread.

peternorth :D

Don't know if this has been said but Andrew Bogut has food poisoning over the last week.

He finds the most weirdest ways to get injured or limit his basketball output.

FFS - he can not take a trick.

I know he's missed like 2 seconds of court time in his career but seriously WTF!!! I blame Utah.

I could feel him getting a large extension, but this was bigger than anticipated. Will be interesting to see if we can hold onto Green. Would have to see if there are any takers for one year of Lee.

That's a good article, and probably explains why we didn't pull the trigger on Thompson/Love. Though I think that even though Love isn't a great defender, he could possibly outscore his opponent on a regular basis. Try defending a Curry/Love pick and pop, ohhhhh.

Though I can't see any way in which we could acquire Horford for Lee without giving up another valuable piece. Especially with the way that the Hawks are going re: game plan. Not the the Wolves took that. But just imagine...

Great start by the Warriors, 3-0 after a great win in Portland.
Klay Thompson playing like an all-star, bench looks better with Ezeli back, Barbosa in, Livingston will take a while.
Speights and Barnes worry me, let's hope Bogut can stay fit as is the key to their interior D and rebounding.
Bring on the Clips, who look a bit wonky at the moment.

Agreed. Having Lee and Iggy coming off the bench is going to be pretty daunting to the opposition. Super deep at the moment. If they stay healthy, could be looking at a 55-60 win season, which in the West this year is like winning 60-65 in a normal year.

Agreed. Having Lee and Iggy coming off the bench is going to be pretty daunting to the opposition. Super deep at the moment. If they stay healthy, could be looking at a 55-60 win season, which in the West this year is like winning 60-65 in a normal year.
Even better that the main division rival in the Clips is off to a slow start and looks out of sync.
Spot on about the depth, it's the opposite to last year where the starters had to play big minutes as the bench gave nothing.
D looks much better also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree - Mods could we please rename this the Golden State Warriors thread - with something like "Curry gets hot in a hurry."

It might receive more interest than a thread on David Lee.... As an aside he re-injured his hammy vs the Clips, at least two more weeks out.

MASSIVE GAME: Warriors at Houston tomorrow on ESPN for those with Foxtel or alternatively league pass.

1 down 2 to go.

Loving the D, much more urgency than last year.

Even Curry is working harder on D. Nothing outstanding, but it's serviceable.

Will be interesting to see how it holds up over 82 games though.

Even Curry is working harder on D. Nothing outstanding, but it's serviceable.

Will be interesting to see how it holds up over 82 games though.
Klay Stepping up Curry doesn't have to manicly run around trying to get free.

Even when Klay is playing "Average" now hes commanding much more defensive work

Klay Stepping up Curry doesn't have to manicly run around trying to get free.

Even when Klay is playing "Average" now hes commanding much more defensive work
Agree got sick of watching Klay Thompson last year making it easy for the defence, and making it ten times harder for Curry to get his shot.

Look forward to watching them this week with my time off. If Thompson keeps it up and they continue to buy into Kerr's scheme they're going to be incredibly difficult to defeat. How do you stop Stephen Curry when he can hurt you off the pick and roll both from deep or at the basket or even finding the open man and when they're now moving the ball around to get him open looks? Teams are going to be struggling big time to stop their shooting.

Can't help but worry though that Bogut will end up sidelined again. He's always on the bad end of things.

Steph's numbers at the moment - 27.6ppg, 7.2rpg, 6.6apg, 3.2spg at 49.5% (including 41% 3-point) - TS Percentage of 65.4%, 97% from the line, PER of 30.81, Leading the lead in ppg and steals.

And he seems to be doing it with the ball in his hands less.

<homer-drooling.gif>

Missed Klay today, can tell Curry was knackered, having to create most of the offense himself on the second night of a back-to-back
Klay is a massive out.

In order of importance it would be Curry, Thompson, Bogut, although Bogut could easily be number two depending on the opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back