David Moyes and Man United

Remove this Banner Ad

In such good form at the moment! Actually think moyes is starting to get it together, more by luck than by skill haha. Will be interesting to see how they go in a huge test against everton.
Rooney is back and i hope for a:

Nani/Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
Rooney

Front four as it's our best and most creative team.

Rooney is back and i hope for a:

Nani/Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
Rooney

Front four as it's our best and most creative team.

Problem is Mata was doing so well almost because of Rooney's absence. He seems to work so much better when he's the creative focus. Will certainly be interesting!

Well this little tiff is amusing.

Only one team can win the league each year. By that measure, there are any number of teams that are going to be considered to have underachieved.

I would think the fact the Chelsea and Man C are both in a position to win the comp at the pointy suggests they haven't underachieved. The overall quality of the league, particularly at the top end, means it's a very hard comp to win. You can't do much more than give yourself a chance, especially when it's that competitive this season, and both of those teams have done that.

It should be considered that Chelsea are in a strong position to win the European title as well. That's a balancing act that would be difficult to get right, even for a genius like Mourinho.

Define underachievement anyway. Have Man U underachieved because of their likely failure to qualify for Europe? Possibly, but then it was always going to be a transitional year for a club moving on from the loss of arguably the greatest manager to have stood on the sidelines.

Well this little tiff is amusing.

Only one team can win the league each year. By that measure, there are any number of teams that are going to be considered to have underachieved.

I would think the fact the Chelsea and Man C are both in a position to win the comp at the pointy suggests they haven't underachieved. The overall quality of the league, particularly at the top end, means it's a very hard comp to win. You can't do much more than give yourself a chance, especially when it's that competitive this season, and both of those teams have done that.

It should be considered that Chelsea are in a strong position to win the European title as well. That's a balancing act that would be difficult to get right, even for a genius like Mourinho.

Define underachievement anyway. Have Man U underachieved because of their likely failure to qualify for Europe? Possibly, but then it was always going to be a transitional year for a club moving on from the loss of arguably the greatest manager to have stood on the sidelines.

You underachieve relative to the squad you have and the resources you spent. Chelsea's spent almost 110 million the past two transfer windows? City's squad is just expensive. Considering the resources they put in, then they would expect to be doing better in the league, especially City.

Man U didn't just underachieve, they bombed, league champions to nowhere is not excusable, doesn't matter if Fergie retired. Squarely on Moyes's head, this

But the league in general has a really rubbish quality, the fact that West Ham were woeful and dead last come the turn of the year and now they're nearly mid table, and that a side as horrendously bad as Newcastle after Cabaye left can still stay 7-9th comfortably is quite sad.

the bottom 10 in terms of overall quality has to be the worst in years.

Yeah probably true, very hard to compare though as I'd say City and Liverpool and possibly Chelsea are a lot better than some of the top sides have been in recent years. So I think a combination of a slightly weaker bottom half coupled with a slightly stronger top third has really stretched the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You underachieve relative to the squad you have and the resources you spent. Chelsea's spent almost 110 million the past two transfer windows? City's squad is just expensive. Considering the resources they put in, then they would expect to be doing better in the league, especially City.

Man U didn't just underachieve, they bombed, league champions to nowhere is not excusable, doesn't matter if Fergie retired. Squarely on Moyes's head, this

Yeah but at the top end, everybody is spending mega bucks. Again, only one team can win it. You have 5 teams with massive wage bills, does that mean the 4 that don't win it automatically underachieve? It's not as simple as that.

This is what I keep trying to tell Arsenal fans. The days of the same two or three teams dominating every season are all but over now, so their expectation of winning trophies every year like they used to are unrealistic. Difference is, they don't have as big a payroll as the rest, and are the only team consistently amongst the contenders that are in the black, own their stadium outright, and don't spend their money like drunken sailors.

Yeah but at the top end, everybody is spending mega bucks. Again, only one team can win it. You have 5 teams with massive wage bills, does that mean the 4 that don't win it automatically underachieve? It's not as simple as that.

This is what I keep trying to tell Arsenal fans. The days of the same two or three teams dominating every season are all but over now, so their expectation of winning trophies every year like they used to are unrealistic. Difference is, they don't have as big a payroll as the rest, and are the only team consistently amongst the contenders that are in the black, own their stadium outright, and don't spend their money like drunken sailors.

But some spend far far far more than others, I'm sure someone can pull out a spending spread sheet and see that City and Chelsea have spent far more than any other for years. So it's only reasonable to predict that those who spend far more will finish higher, if they don't then they have underachieved

Arsenal is an exception to the rule, but that actually makes their frustration justified considering the amount of money matchgoing fans pay to see their team, it's one of the most expensive in Europe, but that's another topic for discussion

Right so back on topic, How about that Juan Mata guys?

Will be a terrific player for us, starting to play his best again which is very exciting as a united fan because his best is absolute class.

Loved reading the article on sky sports where he mentioned the future of united etc, he is here for the long haul.

But it does mean something, if you have that much money and spent it on trash then you wasted your financial power, it means you have the financial muscle to succeed and doesn't because of incompetence. We have spent as much as anyone bar Chelsea and City for the past few years and only this year finally getting our rewards, but before that we were most definitely underachieving and incompetent

Will be a terrific player for us, starting to play his best again which is very exciting as a united fan because his best is absolute class.

Loved reading the article on sky sports where he mentioned the future of united etc, he is here for the long haul.
I would also recomend reading his blog too.

But some spend far far far more than others, I'm sure someone can pull out a spending spread sheet and see that City and Chelsea have spent far more than any other for years. So it's only reasonable to predict that those who spend far more will finish higher, if they don't then they have underachieved

Arsenal is an exception to the rule, but that actually makes their frustration justified considering the amount of money matchgoing fans pay to see their team, it's one of the most expensive in Europe, but that's another topic for discussion
yeah but spending doesn't mean much if you've spent it on the wrong players. the money spent of players like robinho, santa cruz and jo mean absolutely nothing. just like the money spent on carroll and downing mean nothing.

Chelsea and Man C could both spend a billion dollars each on players, and their squads could be alternately ranked as the best 22 players in the world and it still wouldn't matter. Only one can win the title, and that doesn't mean the other one of them has underachieved. They are both a strong chance to take the trophy at the business end, you really can't ask for much more than that.

Out of the past 12 years, there has only been 3 seasons where he hasn't won the league of which he was in

He has gone to new clubs and hit the ground running straight away quite a few times

But apparently I think Mourinho is better than he actual is, then the question is how "good" do you reckon this bloke actually is?

And who said he was getting 95 points? Oh btw that's actually what he did first stint at Chelsea, 95 points in his first season and won the league
Times are tough at huge clubs like Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea though. I mean how can he build squads at Chelsea and Real with the lack of money.

I would love to see Jose take on an actual challenge.

This isnt me saying he isnt a terrific manager though. I think he is currently the best in the world. But just saying, he has never taken on a huge challenge.

Chelsea and Man C could both spend a billion dollars each on players, and their squads could be alternately ranked as the best 22 players in the world and it still wouldn't matter. Only one can win the title, and that doesn't mean the other one of them has underachieved. They are both a strong chance to take the trophy at the business end, you really can't ask for much more than that.

Then it should be a Barca/Real situation, neck and neck for most the season while dominating most before them, the English league situation is far from that

The fact that the quality of the league has been as bad as it has for the bottom 10 teams in the league, and City and Chelsea haven't both really staked a claim that they'd run away with it, while Liverpool with far less resources kinda has in the 2nd half of the season, having spent as much as City and Chelsea have done, then it's underachieving. You can stake a strong challenge til the end and say well done, but you wouldn't be saying that to City this season

Then it should be a Barca/Real situation, neck and neck for most the season while dominating most before them, the English league situation is far from that

The fact that the quality of the league has been as bad as it has for the bottom 10 teams in the league, and City and Chelsea haven't both really staked a claim that they'd run away with it, while Liverpool with far less resources kinda has in the 2nd half of the season, having spent as much as City and Chelsea have done, then it's underachieving. You can stake a strong challenge til the end and say well done, but you wouldn't be saying that to City this season
Still disagree. I think Chelsea and City are right where they should be, challenging to win the league title. It's Liverpool who have overachieved to be right their with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back