Weight: 83 kg
DOB: 8/10/1983
Club: Port Adelaide/Richmond/Calder Cannons
Debut: Round 1, 2002
Games: 176 (65 Rich, 111 PA, 0 Melb)
Goals: 128 (43 Rich, 85, PA, 0 Melb)

Club Profile

Demonwiki

David Rodan joins the club after Melbourne agreed to swap their fifth-round pick (pick 88) in the national draft with Port Adelaide, which sees him become a Demon from 2013.

Welcome to the club, Dave. Teach 'em how to dance.

I'm not sure how much game time Rodan will get next year or possibly the year after but Neeld got him for a reason so he has every opportunity to show what he's got.

Even if he has a smallish tank and isn't the best defensive player (going by what I've read) on game day, I think he will be a massive influence on the training track. He brings players into play, has great attitude, is good at stoppages, still has the speed and nouse of ball use and plays differently to our stock kids Magner and co. our younger mids need that type of player to learn how to match up on.

For pick 88 you can't argue with that considering 11 players have just been axed and we aren't exactly hard up to find spots.

Senior spots will be at more of a premium in another year I think.

MFC: Pre-season update: Sylvia to Blease

15. David Rodan

David came to Melbourne from Port Adelaide during the trade period. He has 176 AFL matches to his name, so he adds plenty of experience to the group. David has fitted in very comfortably and his leadership has been outstanding. His football work, particularly in stoppage training has been very strong. We’re really looking forward to having David as part of our midfield team in 2013.

Brian Royal

MFC: Rejuvenated Rodan ready to go

MIDFIELDER/forward David Rodan says he feels invigorated and is excited by what 2013 brings, since joining the Demons last October.
Rodan, now Melbourne’s most experienced player with 176 AFL matches to his name (he played 65 with Richmond from 2002-06 and 111 with Port Adelaide from 2007-12), believes he can make an impact with the red and blue.

Fresh as a daisy and raring to go. Pick 88 for this bloke, it's hard not to laugh.

Back