David Warner named Australian Vice-Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey is a great one day cricket and his five Tests weren't abysmal. He didn't go on and get any big scores, but neither did he fail outright. He just never settled in. I like him and he seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I don't think Cricket Australia will go back to him.

summed it up there. didnt fit despite fielding at short leg and engaging in sledging.

so where and when can we trace this event back to, in terms of a time or date to place blame on.

as people have said, there's no one else because the team is made of aged veterans who are retiring, or bowlers. is it poo management by CA in phasing players out to encourage regeneration and constant development in experience and leadership?

Why would he do a better job than say Voges?

He wouldn't. Voges has much better FC record and is the better red ball cricketer. I was being facetious about Bailey.

I think Voges will craft out a good test career for a year or two, but is that beneficial? He's 35, so harsh as it is you want him to be one of our best batsmen from day dot. Voges test career has also started with two tests in the Windies and a losing Ashes tour. If he debuted at the start of last summer here for example he'd probably be averaging 50+ easily.

The tests in Bangladesh will be interesting with Rogers and Clarke gone. I think they'll open with Warner and S Marsh, bat Smith somewhere from 3-5 then play M Marsh or Watson at 6. Will Voges survive? Will they go back to Watson?

Personally I'd bite the bullet and end the Shaun Marsh experiment. He's 32 and unreliable. 2 100s and 4 50s from 27 innings. Averages 33. Give Joe Burns at least the Bangladesh series and the Australian summer to see what he's got. I'd out Watson out to pasture also and persist with Mitch Marsh. He's only 24 and needs an extended run. For mine Warner, Smith, Voges stay, Burns, M Marsh and one other come in for 5-10 tests.

so where and when can we trace this event back to, in terms of a time or date to place blame on.

as people have said, there's no one else because the team is made of aged veterans who are retiring, or bowlers. is it poo management by CA in phasing players out to encourage regeneration and constant development in experience and leadership?

To be fair one of the younger players they were investing a lot of time into was Hughes.

Not really the sort of thing you can prepare for.

I heard Pat Howard on the radio last night - it was like listening to an episode of Utopia - more politician than practicality.

CA is a muppet show, everyone sucks up everyone else's backside. It is a group think cluster * as Kingy would call it. Hopefully this shambles might clear the decks a bit but the fish rots at the head and that's where our problems have been for awhile.

I think Australia's 'win right now policy' is partly to blame, bringing in older heads to win the current series without looking to the future. But at the same time, some of the guys they thought might make it, like Khawaja and S.Marsh, haven't stood up. They would have been in the perfect age bracket if they had grabbed their chances.

I think Australia's 'win right now policy' is partly to blame, bringing in older heads to win the current series without looking to the future. But at the same time, some of the guys they thought might make it, like Khawaja and S.Marsh, haven't stood up. They would have been in the perfect age bracket if they had grabbed their chances.

bolded is most valid.

good point about win now policy. cricket isnt a sport that allows giving games to young players like in footy, due to lack of spots. furthermore, every test counts for not only games but also promotion of self.

I heard Pat Howard on the radio last night - it was like listening to an episode of Utopia - more politician than practicality.

CA is a muppet show, everyone sucks up everyone else's backside. It is a group think cluster **** as Kingy would call it. Hopefully this shambles might clear the decks a bit but the fish rots at the head and that's where our problems have been for awhile.

Almost everyone has had an issue with Howard, yet he skates through untouched as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason Bailey isn't in the team is because he's not test standard and nothing about him indicates that he will develop into a test standard player.

It's got nothing to do with him not fitting in.

He was selected despite mediocre first class performances based on scorings runs in ODI cricket.

The sheer fact that David Warner is the Australian Vice Captain is hilarious despite being so serious...

This guy is a ******* bogan who can hit a ball far and bat for 5 hours at a time.

He now comes across as grounded just because he married a woman that was a bicycle of the Australian sports' scene, had a few bogan kids and Phil Hughes died..

No, he is still the same bogan deadshit.

He is not a leader of anything, far less of a sporting team. There is nothing aspirational in him and he struggle to put a few sentences together.

Can we just have a test team that excludes NSW and let them have there own team. The push to promote NSW players just cost us the ASHES now we have this moron as VC.

The sheer fact that David Warner is the Australian Vice Captain is hilarious despite being so serious...

This guy is a ******* bogan who can hit a ball far and bat for 5 hours at a time.

He now comes across as grounded just because he married a woman that was a bicycle of the Australian sports' scene, had a few bogan kids and Phil Hughes died..

No, he is still the same bogan deadshit.

He is not a leader of anything, far less of a sporting team. There is nothing aspirational in him and he struggle to put a few sentences together.

Lol that's excellent. And I agree but unfortunately we're not flush with options at the moment, Nathan Lyon would have been my choice though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back