Davis Cup 2015

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
A strange thing I have noticed re the crowd... They keep showing a group of Australian supporters, did anyone else notice they all appear to be pensioner age? :confused:
I noticed that as well. They're probably on some extended European river cruise and have decided to spend the weekend in Ostrava supporting the Aussies. Good on them.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
I noticed that as well. They're probably on some extended European river cruise and have decided to spend the weekend in Ostrava supporting the Aussies. Good on them.

The moron from the fanatics with the unwashed captain's hat, singlet and fluro zinc is there. Even though its indoors in the middle of winter.

How does his parents afford all this?

And I wish there was some way of turning off 'Fitzy's' commentary. Thinks he's an Einstein of the game and has this need to try and prove it to the listeners by micro-analysing every f***ing point with this fake deep voice he puts on. And every second sentences ends with "doesn't it?" or "isn't it?" Such an awful commentator.

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The moron from the fanatics with the unwashed captain's hat, singlet and fluro zinc is there. Even though its indoors in the middle of winter.

How does his parents afford all this?
I think Hewitt used to and may still cover them financially, the aussie players love the fanatics

Beavis07

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2011
Not Sure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hopefully Tomic gets the job done as it's tough to feel overly confident about our fifth rubber. Hewitt has the experience but his form is very sketchy. Kokkinakis showed he will probably handle the pressure of a deciding rubber but then again Rosol was far too good for him until he choked away that third set and Vesely is a step-up at the moment. Don't know if Groth would handle the pressure of a deciding rubber. I would personally settle for Kokkinakis but it's tough to see him getting the win against Vesely unless it goes the distance. In saying that it's also very tough to see Rosol getting past Tomic so it should be all good.

gcsportsfan12

Senior List
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Czechs pose with Groth's broken racquet after the match
image_zpsu9ljvxmj.jpg

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
That photo is a good one. Only watched the first 2 sets last night, disappointed we couldn't get the win. A lot of pressure on Tomic tonight, but can't wait to watch it tonight. Coverage starts at 11:30pm.

ozgamer

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
And I wish there was some way of turning off 'Fitzy's' commentary.

At least he acknowledged (eventually) that Pavlásek was playing his ever 1st DC match (just like Sam Groth was) after dumping on him for the 1st 2 sets for poor play.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
At least he acknowledged (eventually) that Pavlásek was playing his ever 1st DC match (just like Sam Groth was) after dumping on him for the 1st 2 sets for poor play.

Um Sam Groth wasnt playing his first ever DC match

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whats happened to Gooch?

Groth made so many woeful errors last night.

Sure he has a massive first serve, but his second serve is diabolical at this level.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Czechs pose with Groth's broken racquet after the match
image_zpsu9ljvxmj.jpg

To the victors, the spoils! Hopefully it's only temporary though.

Not sure what happened in that doubles match, we seemed to really drop off after the first set and a bit, and the Czechs pounced! Surprised Groth wasn't winning more points off his serve and serving more aces, maybe the courts? :confused:

Looking forward to tonight's matches but in reality not sure how much of them I will actually end up seeing :$

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Can Hewitt play the 5th rubber if its live? His experience would surely be taken into account if so

Back