Davis Cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

17-19 July is when the 1/4 final will be played. Just after Wimbledon, you would imagine we will play it on grass here.

Where will they play on grass in the middle of winter? Too cold and wet in Melbourne.

Just about a year ago Tomic came back from surgery and played that 28 min match in Miami, now he's had a solid year thus far, back in the top 40, won his DC matches, etc.

Awesome news!

The big question now is which Australian city gets to host the Davis Cup tie?

I read somewhere if we win quarters we will also be the host country for the semis?

So Wally Masur is our current Davis Cup captain, filling in for Pat Rafter, but who is our coach? Or don't they have those two seperate roles anymore? (I have googled but can't seem to find it :confused: ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Josh Eagle?

Thanks, yes it might be him...

Can't wait for the next round! I'm not sure it will be on grass though. Apart from Tomic are we that good on grass these days? Also there is a dearth of grass courts suitable for holding a Davis Cup these days. If it is on grass it won't be Melbourne.

Edit: Just saw Dannnnnnnnnn 's post. Where did you see/hear that?

Thanks, yes it might be him...

Can't wait for the next round! I'm not sure it will be on grass though. Apart from Tomic are we that good on grass these days? Also there is a dearth of grass courts suitable for holding a Davis Cup these days. If it is on grass it won't be Melbourne.

Edit: Just saw Dannnnnnnnnn 's post. Where did you see/hear that?
I saw a quote from Roche this morning talking about it being played on grass up north, but now I can't find it. :drunk: I'll keep trying.

Found it:
Roche, who won the Davis Cup four times as a player and once as coach, said Australia should be favourites to beat Kazakhstan on grass, with the tie expected to be played in a hot, northern location.

"Our boys are better suited to grass so hopefully we can have a good grass court season, especially at Wimbledon, and then go into the tie feeling pretty confident," he said.
www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/davis-cup-australia-through-to-quarter-finals-after-bernard-tomic-beats-czech-republics-lukas-rosol/story-fnibcgxs-1227254336777

The tie should be played on grass but it doesn't leave many choices since it's middle of July, either back to Cottlesoe or Queensland.

Well played from Tomic though, the guy is so casual about it be played well. Hopefully he'll have a big result in North America before we get to the dreaded clay

We would play the winner of Great Britain v France. France would be at home, GB would be away.

GB looking at a charmed run of home ties all the way to the final.

Other than Murray they are poo. Wonder if he'll stick around for all the ties?

Could well be in Perth again. Grass courts everywhere and good weather. Cottesloe or Royal Kings Park.

Hope so.

What about Radelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back