SA Davoren Park, South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Belair and Glenalta are outside the border. Also would like to hear what's wrong with Auldana & Wattle Park considering they're two of the wealthiest suburbs in SA.

I'm not a real estate agent mate, nor are my cartographical skills first class. Apologies for missing a few spots. The hills was circled because its generally pretty good living up there. Except Mt Barker which is full of ferals.
Papa G; fully agree re Stephen Terrace. Joslin can be a bit hairy.

This is true. In St Peters we pity the poor folk who live east of Stephens Terrace.

oh i definitely put the car windows up when i'm rolling through St Peters. Some feral for sure would otherwise reach in at the lights and snatch my european man bag. The scary part is he wouldn't be interested in what's in it, just in wearing it

Anyone who lives in the Golden Grove/Wynn Vale area, have you ever noticed that creepy dirty homeless guy with a beanie who walks around the streets yelling to himself?
Dude thats me wtf

Magill represent. Although I'm on the northern edge so getting close to bogan Campbelltown and Holden Hill is just further up.

Anyone who lives in the Golden Grove/Wynn Vale area, have you ever noticed that creepy dirty homeless guy with a beanie who walks around the streets yelling to himself?
Yep, regularly see him in the Golden Grove Village, has been booted out of my work several times abusing people. It's odd, 95% of people are very friendly, yet there seems to be a number of homeless people, another is the skinny bloke with the red beanie and red singlet, with the massive beard. I know he got in s**t for feeling up school kids on the bus!

Has there been any news on the Grandmother murder in Elizabeth North yesterday? Provoked or a random attack?

Papa G; fully agree re Stephen Terrace. Joslin can be a bit hairy.

Luckily it is clearly sign posted. On all the avenues there is a sign post half way up the street (not on a corner) clearly defining that one side is St Peters and the other is Joslin. I have never seen this any where else. I guess it gives those on the poor side of St Peters someone to look down upon.;)

Luckily it is clearly sign posted. On all the avenues there is a sign post half way up the street (not on a corner) clearly defining that one side is St Peters and the other is Joslin. I have never seen this any where else. I guess it gives those on the poor side of St Peters someone to look down upon.;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the old boundary between the town of St. Peters and Payneham before the Council's merger?:confused:

Bump.

Had to drive through this lovely suburb last night with a few mates, took no longer than 30 seconds for us to get our usual Davo Park experience. Out of no where, these two creepy kids who looked about 10, came up behind us on a 20 year old dirt bike that looked stolen. They'd overtake us for about 15m, look behind them, slow down until we passed then overtake us again. This went for a good kilometre or two until we got to a T section, they made it first so we thought they'd just leave but they decided to wait and see what way we'd go. They followed us again for about another kilometre, turned around, waved at us and left.

Big wtf moment.

Bump.

Had to drive through this lovely suburb last night with a few mates, took no longer than 30 seconds for us to get our usual Davo Park experience. Out of no where, these two creepy kids who looked about 10, came up behind us on a 20 year old dirt bike that looked stolen. They'd overtake us for about 15m, look behind them, slow down until we passed then overtake us again. This went for a good kilometre or two until we got to a T section, they made it first so we thought they'd just leave but they decided to wait and see what way we'd go. They followed us again for about another kilometre, turned around, waved at us and left.

Big wtf moment.

sounds like a mad max movie

I remember staying with a mate at Brahma Lodge and the house being broken in to while we were watching tv.

Some ripping reviews of Davoren Park on realestate.com.au:

"A total and complete hole.”
Spent the first 21 years of my life here, couldn't wait to get out! It's pretty much the part of Adelaide where the Public Housing authorities dump all those that can't integrate into society like normal people.

A lot of social problems (teenage pregnancy, gangs, drugs, petty crime etc), many of which were imported from England in the 1960s. Some streets are pretty much full of 2nd and 3rd generation Soccer Hooligans.

The only things going for is that houses are cheap (< $200k for a 3 bedroom house), but there's little incentive to keep a nice house when half the street looks like Gaza. That, and there are a lot of parks and open spaces to run around in ... and you will need to run to get away from being chased by the local ferals.

The disappointing thing is that there are some lovely people that live here, but because there are so many ferals running around ruining the place, it just has a very nasty atmosphere overall. You can spot the lovely old dears that still live here because they usually have the only garden in the street that has seen a lawnmower this millennium.

So no, I can't recommend Davoren Park as a good place to live."

"“A great place to buy, but i wouldnt want to live there”
As far as investment properties go, you are not going to find any cheaper. There's a reason for that. Go visit a freind and get abused by the neighbours, spat at by the local kids and your car grafitti'd while its parked on the street. Buy a house cheap, rent it out for a few years and subdivide it. Where will the feral tenants go? who knows who cares. let them come move into my street so i can give them the same respect they gave out. Easy to find properties to positive gear, negative gear or whatever floats your boat. just make sure you get a strict property manager because it is not uncommon for these places to go 5 - 6 weeks not paying. landlord insurance ESSENTIAL."

Also, a nice review on Neagle Road in Dav Park:

“Read before you rent or buy!” (has lived here)
Neagle road is situated just off Peachy Road in Davoren Park, one of the far most northern suburbs in Adelaide, before you reach Gawler.

One of the first things you'll notice as you enter this suburb is the lack of concern for reputation. You will see trash and belongings, mattresses, chairs, etc thrown out on the curbs, in the driveways and on the front lawns. If you travel through here at night, you will notice the suburb is poorly lit, and those who are walking about either are not aware of the dangers, or they are the trouble, themselves.

I would not recommend families or retirees to live anywhere near here. Reasons for this is the danger involved in living in this suburb.

From domestic disputes, loud parties at night, and continuing fights all down the street, to speedy, careless drivers almost knocking you flat when you cross the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

117935_davoren_park_primary_school.jpg

Daveron-Park-murder-6422351.jpg

70697463-16-blight-street-davoren-park-149950.jpg

452953-davoren-park-crime-scene.jpg

945302-davoren-park.jpg

All it is missing is the....

white_gangstas-12811.jpg

This thread is the best. I'm really interested in Davoren Park now, would love to visit (very quickly, because I'm scared I'll be attacked). It sounds much worse than any suburb we have in Melbourne. People complain about Broady but at least its not dirty.

This thread is the best. I'm really interested in Davoren Park now, would love to visit (very quickly, because I'm scared I'll be attacked). It sounds much worse than any suburb we have in Melbourne. People complain about Broady but at least its not dirty.

First thing you will notice is that half the houses have big notices on them saying they are either condemed or being repaired.

I prefer my "map" I did a while ago :p
a6tz7.jpg

First thing you will notice is that half the houses have big notices on them saying they are either condemed or being repaired.

the government is reclaiming a lot of them.

they're not so subtly trying to push the scummy people even further out. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back