List Mgmt. OFFICIAL (for real this time): Dawson Simpson signs with GWS as Unrestricted Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Daws too...but he can't take a mark, or at least doesn't take any.....and he's glacial....

I think he's gone...esp given the Wells interview the other day...Steven forgot to even mention him when talking ruck options at Geelong.

Not a really good sign for big Daws.
And even after having Daws name raised he was less than enthusiastic. Don't think a move would be a bad thing in attempting to revive the big fellas career.

Free Agent so will be another guy we get sweet s**t all for after years of persevearance.
But if we DO persevere with him, imagine the outcries- "Why didn't we get rid of him? He's useless!"

You win some, you lose some. Might be able to upgrade our 8th pick by 3 places ;)

Naw- that's nasty and not fair to Big Daws - we might manage to get a useable pick for him.

Would he get a go somewhere else.. Im sure SJ would have thought he'd have side falling over themselves... GWS linked to them I believe but the guys just has not history of playing and being resilient.
Wouldn't have thought so. Last resort for GWS perhaps?

Given the Zac Smith news, Cooky today revealing we are way into Zac, Wellsy not mentioned Dawson in such a glowing light, Id say this on eh as travelled some distance down the completion path already….

Go Catters

Given the Zac Smith news, Cooky today revealing we are way into Zac, Wellsy not mentioned Dawson in such a glowing light, Id say this on eh as travelled some distance down the completion path already….

Go Catters
Irrespective of Smith's likely arrival I suspect Dawson's papers have been stamped. Reckon we're just testing the market as we speak.

Would he get a go somewhere else.. Im sure SJ would have thought he'd have side falling over themselves... GWS linked to them I believe but the guys just has not history of playing and being resilient.
He could be seen as a backup/depth player for another club with 6-8 possible games a season to cover injuries to main rucks, but that's the best he could get IMO.

I just had a awful nightmare about Dawson.

It's 2016, Dawson has finally got over his injuries and is back to the glimpses of form we saw in 2013. He is playing week in, week out. What? Vision of him hold the premiership cup aloft, with McEvoy, on the dias. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Daws an FA? We won't get anything for him.

Technically we would receive a compo pick for losing a free agent if he signs elsewhere - depending on what free agents we bring in. So if we manage to sign Dangerfield and/or Selwood as free agents, we get nothing for Simpson, but if neither of those player signs as a free agent, we have to actually trade for Dangerfield & Selwood stays at the Eagles, we would receive a compo pick for him, but it would most likely be a pretty poor pick

Worst ruck in the history of the game totally shizin id rather mark blake or even peter street .WOW weve had some really s**t rucks :p

to think we haven't even had a ruck coach either these last five or so years too.

But your right, the moment we saw him in the VFL this year was the moment I realized he's done and dusted. He went backwards in a very big way. Still would have pocketed some handy dough. What would he have been on, 100k a year?

to think we haven't even had a ruck coach either these last five or so years too.

But your right, the moment we saw him in the VFL this year was the moment I realized he's done and dusted. He went backwards in a very big way. Still would have pocketed some handy dough. What would he have been on, 100k a year?

Ottens was our ruck coach until the end of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back