MRP / Trib. Dawson

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from Dawson almost guaranteed to see a few weeks - Freo were very physical with Cameron all game - completely distracted him and did very little (yes he could barely breathe). Wondering if it was a clear strategy or just unlucky. Apparently Cameron barely shook hands with any freo players after the game?

We looked more physical with the golden fist around... Not sure having him back will help or hinder us

I think it was a complete accident because he's stupidly clumsy like that, but we haven't had a player suspended in a while so he'll probably cop the MRP's wrath & get 2. He deserves 2 for his form today anyway
I think may have intended to elbow him in the guts and instead got him in the nose because he's clumsy Dawson. Watching the replay, he seems to mouth "oooooh" after he connects. I recon he felt it and was regretting it straight away.

Can't undo that though. 2 weeks, might be 3 with his record.

Yeah I don't think he was aiming for the head but there is no way that was completely accidental, maybe hoping to get him in the chest and either wind him or at least put him a few steps behind for a bit.

But the MRP always seem to react more to the result than the action and so imo he'll be lucky if its only a week.

To be honest was lucky to get a game on the back of his performance for Peel. Agree with someone elses post about it giving us a chance to rest McPharlin and for that reason he seriously is a selfish twat.

I cant believe he got picked, he was deadset s**t last week and gave away just as many frees as today.

Gonna chuck it out there, no longer auto 22. The game may have passed him by, no matter how good you (supposedly) are in 1/1s, more than ever you need to be able to kick as a defender.

Zac'X always been a calculated hurting machine;one of the reasons RTB rates him.
Today's act was the same as Judd's but different in that Zac ain't no glamour AFL marketing poster campaign boy and smashing the nose bone after the contest is more impactful than splitting the cheekbone..
If Judd had cracked Pav's snoutbone he would've busted his elbow.
Our Zac ain't subtle but that behaviour is a little too coarse fibred and testified to the fact that his primal subtlety has got dumb with the lay off.
Bad timing at a couple of levels;also thick at several.
The Freo board appears to have continuous school holidays these days.

Aside from Dawson almost guaranteed to see a few weeks - Freo were very physical with Cameron all game - completely distracted him and did very little (yes he could barely breathe). Wondering if it was a clear strategy or just unlucky. Apparently Cameron barely shook hands with any freo players after the game?

We looked more physical with the golden fist around... Not sure having him back will help or hinder us
I thought it looked like we were being more physical in the game too. Ross must have said something.

I cant believe he got picked, he was deadset s**t last week and gave away just as many frees as today.

Gonna chuck it out there, no longer auto 22. The game may have passed him by, no matter how good you (supposedly) are in 1/1s, more than ever you need to be able to kick as a defender.

He's pretty important to our structure back there ....he's a solid 1 on 1 strong KF defender and it allows McPharlin and MJ to roam a little more. Still auto 22 in my book.

I loved having Dawson back. AFL is entertainment and Dawson is entertaining. Love the massive thunder punches for no reason other than it probably felt good.
Except for the double fister to the three Suns players lining up in the corridor. I wonder if Zac thought he could clear the boundary on the fat side?

Except for the double fister to the three Suns players lining up in the corridor. I wonder if Zac thought he could clear the boundary on the fat side?

It's so unique to Zac too, double-fisted spoil goes 30m and picks out the opposition perfectly. Literally couldn't do it if you tried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so unique to Zac too, double-fisted spoil goes 30m and picks out the opposition perfectly. Literally couldn't do it if you tried.
If he hit a Suns player he must have fisted it 4000km.

I loved having Dawson back. AFL is entertainment and Dawson is entertaining. Love the massive thunder punches for no reason other than it probably felt good.

Well one of them lead to a clear goal for GWS. I mentioned it in the other thread, it's the sort of thing that Dawson doesn't normally do. He's a simple footballer (to put it one way), but what he does better than anybody (normally) is play the percentages and physically mess with fwds to the nth degree. He wasn't at his best even in that regard today.

Well one of them lead to a clear goal for GWS. I mentioned it in the other thread, it's the sort of thing that Dawson doesn't normally do. He's a simple footballer (to put it one way), but what he does better than anybody (normally) is play the percentages and physically mess with fwds to the nth degree. He wasn't at his best even in that regard today.
This.

I thought Dawson was responsible for a bag today, almost kicked as many as Sonny by my reckoning. Cut the bloke some slack being his first game back in the bigs and all but * me, he was ordinary. Good physical presence though so hopefully he can turn it around after his holiday.

Yeah I think the whole defence apart from maybe Spurr was off today. McPharlin had a few spud moments (bounce out of defence).
Zac a rusty 1st game back, but definitely in our 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back