Review Day 1 Training report (Wed Nov 19 from Nicks BB).

Remove this Banner Ad

Or kicks like this:

7 mins in kick to Thomas in Bucks last year.

I miss this 2007 team, seeing Cloke and Pendles who were 3rd and 2nd year players coming 1st and 2nd in the copeland. And knowing that them two, Thomas, Shaw, etc.. Would all become A graders and being so confident of success.

I really hope Kennedy/Broomy/Freeman/etc.. can make the same leap this year.

Marsh losing running drills to Witts is concerning. I know he is coming off a leg injury, but Witts would get done by a glacier.
Coming off a severe hamstring that was torn of the bone, it's not too concerning.
I would imagine he hasn't done a whole lot of running in the past few months, and is being eased back in to it.

I just want to point out that in regard to Marsh it is no surprise he is lagging behind as he has missed a hell of a lot of fitness work due to that badly torn hamstring. He is unlikelty to have done much running until now. I'm sure he'll pick up in coming weeks.

Likely he'd be on a modified program as well.

Elliot kicking in the forwardline/midfield - Elite

Elliot kicking in defense - Quite possibly the worst in the competition

Was thinking something similar. Numerous examples when he's centred the ball in defence and completely missed the target resulting in a turnover and a score. Think the basics are there, just needs to work on his consistency, particularly in defence.

Last edited:
What's the 'silent drill' aimed at improving? General awareness?

You would assume so, peripheral vision and decision making as well.

Coming off a severe hamstring that was torn of the bone, it's not too concerning.
I would imagine he hasn't done a whole lot of running in the past few months, and is being eased back in to it.

Karnezis was on a similar "don't run fast" program last preseason on his return from OP.

Was thinking something similar. Numerous examples when he's centred the ball in defence and completely missed the target resulting in a turnover and a score. Think the basics are there, just needs to work on his consistency, particularly in defence.

Many examples of him nailing passes in defence as well iirc he had a barry crocker in one particular game probably where you guys formed the opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeahnah, he never writes anything worth reading and is rarely ever witty and that's saying a lot coming from myself.

Anyone have any insight to my original question or are we just going to continue further derailing the thread?

Only a guess like you have done but:

Awareness.

Spotting a team mate without hearing a call (crowd noise drowning out team mates talk to each other) and recieving.

Decision making.

Might have even been to emphasise how much harder it is if players aren't speaking to each other.

Marsh losing running drills to Witts is concerning. I know he is coming off a leg injury, but Witts would get done by a glacier.

Give it 8-12 weeks and then see, Marsh is on a modified program and hasn't ran for 3 months or so iirc.

such a fun year, the core of the 02/03 grand final teams playing with the future stars of the 2010 premiership.

And damn near stealing a flag to boot... :(

Yeahnah, he never writes anything worth reading and is rarely ever witty and that's saying a lot coming from myself.

Anyone have any insight to my original question or are we just going to continue further derailing the thread?

I'd assume it'd be so players are positioning themselves correctly during match simulation drills which will therefore help during an actual game. Quite a good idea for a drill imo.

Was a deliberate out of bounds paid to Cats in their fwd 50 wasn't there? Absolutely ripped off. Allowed them to convert from memory.

The Clement one at end of 3rd Qtr when Mooney was all over him?

I agree Pendles is unrivaled in the league at the moment with his decision making and is a solid kick, but his kicking abilitty is not even in the same stratosphere as Bucks. The only player I have seen in the last ten years who might challenge Bucks' kicking skills is Josh Drummond.
Pains me to say it but voss was up there.

It's good to have some actual footy related talk, we can all only take so many who would you pick threads.:D

PS Neil is the man we should be all thanking as he allowed me to post it here for all to see.

Thanks to Neil too. Very nice piece of writing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back