Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that could have been brought to our attention YESTER*******DAY

Sometimes you have to test a dish before you realise it's not something you really enjoy

Or do some research on the dish first and realise it contains ingredients you can't stand

Yes, but sometimes you meet someone and are dazzled by their beauty.
You think you're in heaven!

And then it all goes sour when they use your toothbrush to clean the toilet ...

Yes, but sometimes you meet someone and are dazzled by their beauty.
You think you're in heaven!

And then it all goes sour when they use your toothbrush to clean the toilet ...

After No 1's or No 2's?

Last edited:
Like i said when this was going down originally i'd give anything to play afl let alone the brown and gold. While i don't think i could live and breathe the game ala Buckley, Harvey - i would still put in the hard yards and strive to succeed. Not to sound elitist but you can have a lot of fun without having to smoke or drink alcohol and "party it up".

If he hated the media Hawthorn should have put him under the same blanket they did for Buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he hated the media Hawthorn should have put him under the same blanket they did for Buddy.
I'm pretty certain they did. It wasn't just the media stuff though. He didn't like the highly regimented lifestyle.

Showed some footage of him on the channel 7 show. Very disrespectful during the Anzac Day formalities. Smiling and blowing kisses.
I can forgive this when you look at the greater picture.

He is obviously struggling and the media was a large part of him leaving AFL. Then on the first game back (in amateurs keeping in mind) he still has a tv camera filming him. The media is really kicking a dog while he is down and is just waiting for him to screw up, camera waiting. If this pressure and scrutiny on him continues and has a (if not already) chance of going back to recreational drugs. If that happens in my mind 50% of the blame should go to the AFL media for causing it.

He is obviously struggling and the media was a large part of him leaving AFL. Then on the first game back (in amateurs keeping in mind) he still has a tv camera filming him. The media is really kicking a dog while he is down and is just waiting for him to screw up, camera waiting. If this pressure and scrutiny on him continues and has a (if not already) chance of going back to recreational drugs. If that happens in my mind 50% of the blame should go to the AFL media for causing it.

Why ?
If you are a talented footballer, you should know that the media will be all over you and waiting for you to fail or exceed.
If you don't want that attention, then don't try for it. Don't put yourself in the spotlight. Play country footy, be a star for your local club, embrace the accolades of your hometown for helping it's team be successful without all the media hype.
Don't be a flog about the whole thing and take clubs for a ride.
Will never play elite footy again, nor should he be given the chance. Had 2 chances, blew them both. See ya later.

I can see how you might come to the conclusion that Dayle is not entirely to blame. I can't come to the same conclusion. I struggled with drugs and alcohol for most of my teen/adult life, it's a choice, I chose to seek drugs out and associated with like minded people. It was an easy choice too, there is not much responsibility placed on a drug addict.

At some stage Dayle may very well choose to stop using and until he does I'm sure he will try and justify his habit with any excuse available. I have been clean for nearly 5 years and it's not until you stop abusing your body for an extended period of time that you realize what a weak minded easy way out you have chosen.

Last edited:
Why ?
If you are a talented footballer, you should know that the media will be all over you and waiting for you to fail or exceed.
If you don't want that attention, then don't try for it. Don't put yourself in the spotlight. Play country footy, be a star for your local club, embrace the accolades of your hometown for helping it's team be successful without all the media hype.
Don't be a flog about the whole thing and take clubs for a ride.
Will never play elite footy again, nor should he be given the chance. Had 2 chances, blew them both. See ya later.
You do realize he IS playing country footy and is STILL being followed by the media yeah?

Move on guys.
He was a high risk/ high reward draft pick that didn't work out. Unfortunately the young man has issues that will most likely preclude him from an AFL career.
On the positive side Hartung and Sicily appear to have the talent and work ethic to succeed.
You can't win them all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back