Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know, have you assessed & diagnosed him?

I have 2 clients with FAS. Neither have coordination problems. Both have huge behavioural, social and emotional problems. One of them can't go to a social gathering without getting into fights, and his punches don't miss!

The other cannot have one small glass of anything alcoholic - if he does, he acts like he's had 15 Vodkas and behaves accordingly.
Doesn't make him an elite athlete.

Huge difference between throwing a punch and able to playing football at the top level. Even blind drunk people can hit their targets when taking a swing at someone.

Man that sucks. He could have earned megabucks now he is getting savs in soggy bread for lunch. Hope someone can reach him one day.

Very sad turn of events. Hope he genuinely turns it around one day and will always be a waste of talent now.

How do you know, have you assessed & diagnosed him?

I have 2 clients with FAS. Neither have coordination problems. Both have huge behavioural, social and emotional problems. One of them can't go to a social gathering without getting into fights, and his punches don't miss!

The other cannot have one small glass of anything alcoholic - if he does, he acts like he's had 15 Vodkas and behaves accordingly.

Just by looking at Dayles facial features he does not have the indicators of FAS, I am not saying he does not have symptoms but looking at a photo is one test we can all do.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of having the pro-HFC blinkers on - I feel if any club had the systems, culture and role models in place for Garlett to flourish then it was us. Obviously at this stage of his life he is beyond help which is terribly sad. I hope someone or something can get through to him so he can grow into a functioning human adult and improve his life.

So he was already on bail, what do he do previously? I didn't hear anything about him being in trouble before this, have I missed something :confused:

Agree, sad it has come to this for Dayle but as JeddaB said you can lead a horse to water etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back