Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Star? Picked up in the 2nd or 3rd round and never played a game.
I think there was a wee piss-take in there somewhere mate. Reference to previous media headlines.;)

I think there was a wee piss-take in there somewhere mate. Reference to previous media headlines.;)
Haha I see. The original post had been edited already so I thought he was just adding the "former" part to "Hawthorn star".

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/r...len-footy-star-dayle-garlett-in-more-trouble/

Hawthorn certainly dodged a bullet when Dayle decided to return to the poor environment he lived in prior to being drafted. The club showed class and compassion when they didn't make any negative comments following his departure and his first court appearance. It's disappointing and sad when anyone throws away the opportunity of a lifetime however the kid has done nothing to earn any sympathy and is proving to be a total loser.

But from what I've read, it seems like he (or at least his lawyer) wants others to take responsibility for his actions.
I wish him all the best, however IMHO he'll never get anywhere while he continues to have & use the "victim/poor me" mentality that he appears to have now.

You're right Kim. The sooner he realises he is responsible for his addiction, the sooner he will be able to face them head

I think that's a bit harsh calling him an f wit. Yes he has stuffed up and lost a great opportunity. But people make bad choices and make mistakes.

What was super surprising was he was using drugs whilst training at the club. Not sure what he was thinking how that was going to help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's a bit harsh calling him an f wit. Yes he has stuffed up and lost a great opportunity. But people make bad choices and make mistakes.

What was super surprising was he was using drugs whilst training at the club. Not sure what he was thinking how that was going to help.
So it's harsh to call someone a ******* that's doing 200km/hr on a public road in a stolen car.
Sorry.
I can see where you're coming from

What would you call him if he crashed that stolen car into someone in your family's car ?
What would you call him even if he crashed into any other car, injuring someone innocent
I'd call him a f#%kwit and I'll never apologize for it
Sorry Lord Espos, but we'll have to disagree.
Doesn't mean I'm right, but we all make our own choices. He obviously doesn't care about his own life, let alone anyone else's

Last edited:
This photo is sad, just sad. He looks completely doped...
181114gengarlett2_1a6mn3i-1a6mn3m.jpg

This photo is sad, just sad. He looks completely doped...
181114gengarlett2_1a6mn3i-1a6mn3m.jpg
His sister was on tv begging for him to sort his life out.
Annoys me that the news report says he became addicted while playing at Hawthorn.
He was on meth before Hawthorn picked him up, but supposedly straightened up to give himself every chance of being drafted

He is a very lost young man and I sincerely hope he lives long enough to work through it

Indeed....Which is why we must question how a thread is still running on this tortured & lost soul?....All we are doing is adding fuel to the boys delusion by gracing this subject with still more oxygen!:thumbsdown:

WA Today claims he was still on the radar of some clubs till his arrest in September. Surely only essendon would want a man so involved in drugs and dangerous activities?

WA Today claims he was still on the radar of some clubs till his arrest in September. Surely only essendon would want a man so involved in drugs and dangerous activities?
Hird wants to swap stories with him.

What a shame.

When he was in that pic with the others, Hartung and Sicily, last year, smiling and laughing, he looked like it was all ahead of him.

It just looks like a downward spiral from here without major intervention. I reckon if (or when) he goes to jail, that's the end of any meaningful future

VERY talented player, Lacked effort but he would of made a gun HFF, Think Michael Walters/Jason Porplezya but more power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back