Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shame.

When he was in that pic with the others, Hartung and Sicily, last year, smiling and laughing, he looked like it was all ahead of him.

It just looks like a downward spiral from here without major intervention. I reckon if (or when) he goes to jail, that's the end of any meaningful future

Possibly another Krakouer situation?

Met Krakouer great kid polite and good to talk to
Yeah pretty much, Stress with your footy career looking to end family ect. and the bloke makes a mistake, a pretty big one and pays for it. Dayle has kinda pissed multiple oppotunities away already and needs help.

What would you call him if he crashed that stolen car into someone in your family's car ?
What would you call him even if he crashed into any other car, injuring someone innocent
I'd call him a f#%kwit and I'll never apologize for it
Sorry Lord Espos, but we'll have to disagree.
Doesn't mean I'm right, but we all make our own choices. He obviously doesn't care about his own life, let alone anyone else's

Sorry apologies I did not see that in the article.

That is definitely pretty stupid.

I thought you were only referring to the drug use.

Obviously if he is creating scenarios where he can hurt the community that is completely different.

what a waste of pick...even if it was a late pick

most kids would give their right arm for such an opportunity and this tool blows 2-3 chances

like they say you cant put brains in monuments ;)

Krakouer just decked someone in a fight with a guy he had some tiff with. Apart from that Krakouer is a pretty good bloke, completely different to Garlett

Yeah agree, I meant more that Garlett will do time, and with that he may come to realise the chance he had, and may be willing to change to get there.

Sadly, the kid is in a hurry for his own self destruction.

Krakouer just decked someone in a fight with a guy he had some tiff with. Apart from that Krakouer is a pretty good bloke, completely different to Garlett
And if it wasn't for medical intervention that guy he had a tiff with would have died! Regardless of how good a bloke he is, Krakouer nearly killed someone. They're the facts! None of us want Dayle (or anybody else) to go down the same path but it is what it is. The nexus between Garlett & Hawthorn is long gone, perhaps this thread should do the same. It's a very sad story that won't have a happy ending. Hopefully it's not tragic.

What a shame.

When he was in that pic with the others, Hartung and Sicily, last year, smiling and laughing, he looked like it was all ahead of him.

It just looks like a downward spiral from here without major intervention. I reckon if (or when) he goes to jail, that's the end of any meaningful future

I just hope this is the bottom, and he can turn his life around. However, that doesn't seem likely as he has to acknowledge he has a problem, and it doesn't look like he's ready for that yet. Waste of a talent, very sad.

Perhaps i just haven't been reading as much regarding this as others, but from what i've read, it seems like he is simply saying that his addiction was the reason he did what he did. While it may sound like a cop out, addiction is a pretty nasty beast that can effect both your psychological and physical well being. I haven't seen him blame Hawthorn, or anyone else, just that there were factors that contributed to his actions.

Like i said, i haven't really read much on this, so he may have said something, but to me it sounds like he is trying to get out of the legal trouble he is in, not blame everyone but himself.

Prudster.....please FFS....he didn't have to blame Hawthorn...it was implied by the comments 'it happened whilst in Melbourne...and the subsequent media report..and no I didnt lose any sleep either..but where do you think he was suggesting he developed the habit..in your words 'where he worked for a few months'..exactly what do you think the rest of the punters would read into it ??The friggin loser and my football club shall never be mentioned in the same breath...fk him

Prudster.....please FFS....he didn't have to blame Hawthorn...it was implied by the comments 'it happened whilst in Melbourne...and the subsequent media report..and no I didnt lose any sleep either..but where do you think he was suggesting he developed the habit..in your words 'where he worked for a few months'..exactly what do you think the rest of the punters would read into it ??The friggin loser and my football club shall never be mentioned in the same breath...fk him
It's likely plea material. If the "other place" is the bad place from where he will likely live you are arguing to a Magistrate that he will get back on the straight and narrow soon enough.

This story would not be overly convincing, however, in light of all the media when he was drafted which suggested he needed a change away from all the bad influences in WA and that playing for Hawthorn would provide this....(sounds like bullsh&t).

Either way someone somewhere had told this kid he is not meant to amount to anything - and that "someone" must have been really convincing given that Clarko couldn't turn this perception around.

He's a messed up kid. Something has messed him up young. We don't know what. It's sad. Would have been a great story for him, Hawthorn and the AFL to turn this around. Drat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, perhaps i simply haven't been reading the right articles, but i haven't seen anyway that even insinuates that it was an issue caused by anyone involved with Hawthorn, and not just Garlett making his own mistakes, as he did before he was drafted, and as he has continued to do post-Hawthorn.

I think he was insinuating he developed the habit in Melbourne. What do you think he's saying? That Clarko encouraged him to do Meth? That him and Luke Hodge would go home after training and get ****ed up together? Like i said, i'm pretty sure everyone realises that Dayle was the reason his career failed, not because Hawthorn got him addicted to Meth, or something ridiculous like that.

Not according to an old friend of mine who he was once seeing.

Completely different circumstances to Garlett though, agreed.

Again, perhaps i simply haven't been reading the right articles, but i haven't seen anyway that even insinuates that it was an issue caused by anyone involved with Hawthorn, and not just Garlett making his own mistakes, as he did before he was drafted, and as he has continued to do post-Hawthorn.

I think he was insinuating he developed the habit in Melbourne. What do you think he's saying? That Clarko encouraged him to do Meth? That him and Luke Hodge would go home after training and get stuffed up together? Like i said, i'm pretty sure everyone realises that Dayle was the reason his career failed, not because Hawthorn got him addicted to Meth, or something ridiculous like that.

But the 20-year-old quit the club in March, later revealing in court while facing a string of charges for car theft and burglary that he had developed a methamphetamine addiction while with the Hawks.
THIS IS NOT THE 1ST TIME I'VE READ THIS IN THE MEDIA SINCE THE INCIDENT

Christmas at home Garlett s downfall - The West Australian
201114spthodge03_1a700e4-1a700e7.jpg

Hawthorn premiership captain Luke Hodge says there is nothing more he could have done to save Dayle Garlett's career. Picture: Steve Ferrier/ The West Australian.
Dual Hawthorn premiership captain Luke Hodge says there is nothing more he could have done to save Dayle Garlett's career.
Hodge, who in September claimed his second Norm Smith Medal for best afield in the grand final, said it was sad to be reminded of Garlett's wasted talent.
Hodge took Garlett into his own home soon after Hawthorn selected the Swan Districts youngster in the 2013 national draft.
But the 20-year-old quit the club in March, later revealing in court while facing a string of charges for car theft and burglary that he had developed a methamphetamine addiction while with the Hawks.

a_051114gengarlett01_1a700tp-1a700v2.jpg

Dayle Garlett walks out of Hakea Prison after arrest. Picture: Steve Ferrier/The West Australian.

Hodge, in Perth for the International Rules Test against Ireland, said that since flying into WA he had seen reports of Garlett filming himself while allegedly driving a stolen car at up to 200km/h.
He pointed to the Christmas break last year when the gifted forward returned home to WA as the turning point.
Asked if he could have done anything different to help save Garlett's career, Hodge said: "Not really. He spent a week with Jason Burt, our

So either numnuts said it or the media is isinuating it.....either way it paints our club in a negative light...and if you for 1 second believe opposition fans weren't into the Hawks when they read this....ur kidding.....

Now that the shock/indignation of having first heard this stuff has subsided I don't think it's going to be a big deal to us (the club). Anyone with half a brain can see that claim for what it is. And frankly Hawthorn's reputation is far too solid and well publicised for it to be dented by the claims of a young meth head with a long history of issues that pre dates his time with us. Anyone who tries to use this story as evidence of some sort of seedy drug culture at Hawthorn is either a troll or so damn stupid they should be put down before they pass on their genes.

Should've taken his chances with us (and his life) more seriously. We could've offered him a far nicer 4-5 year deal.
He might become a restricted free agent for the prison after 8 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back