Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even sure why I'm interested, but what type of money is big $? More than he'd be earning as a first year at the Hawks?

They are saying that Garlett will be on less than $800 a game so in response to your question - the answer is no

I didn't know that Dayle had actually played a game for us!!
Seriously HS...

509140-d5ffe0ba-b706-11e3-9942-d7dbb3111cd3.jpg

Could ex-Hawk Dayle Garlett be bound for WAFL club Perth? Picture: Michael Dodge/Getty Images Source: Getty Images

That's not even him. who the hell is that?

I dont know why we are delisting him in this case.

Because he couldn't play back home while he was still listed with us.
The club did the right thing by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know why we are delisting him in this case. The kid seems so indecisive he will probably have changed his mind by May.

I also think it is because whilst he is part of the club, even if taking the year off, he is our responsibility.

The club did the right thing by cutting him.

I also think it is because whilst he is part of the club, even if taking the year off, he is our responsibility.

The club did the right thing by cutting him.

I mean are we paying him out his contract? Surely that is doing the right thing by him, is it not? Im not sure you can have it both ways can you? I would have thought that we pay him out his automatic 2yr contract (which gives him some financial security) and in return he stays on the list so that if he changes his mind - which from his history of decision making doesn't sound that out of the realm of possibility - we can get him back on track.

I mean are we paying him out his contract? Surely that is doing the right thing by him, is it not? Im not sure you can have it both ways can you? I would have thought that we pay him out his automatic 2yr contract (which gives him some financial security) and in return he stays on the list so that if he changes his mind - which from his history of decision making doesn't sound that out of the realm of possibility - we can get him back on track.

Forget it, He'll never get another chance with the Hawks. You only get one chance to let Hawthorn down, never a second.

I think you will find the Club has the belief that long term he won't be able to get himself in either the right mind frame or physical shape to play AFL football, and have cut their losses before it becomes to much of a media driven distraction for both parties.

I find it really interesting that none of the WAFL clubs have taken the risk to pick him up. I know some of this is driven by the transfer fee cost but it would have to be worth the cost on talent alone unless the off field baggage cleary out weighs this.

Because he couldn't play back home while he was still listed with us.
The club did the right thing by him.

why do the right thing buy him?….has he done the right thing by us?, i pay my membership money and invest my time so the club does the right thing for the club….player does right thing for the club we repay twofold…if he doesn't we look after the club first

why do the right thing buy him?….has he done the right thing by us?, i pay my membership money and invest my time so the club does the right thing for the club….player does right thing for the club we repay twofold…if he doesn't we look after the club first

I think it's the best thing for us too. The relationship between us an him is over, why not just end it? While it would be good to upgrade a rookie, if we were actually in a position where we needed them to play, we would likely have players on the LTI list anyway.

The bloke has walked away from the club, why should we pay him out his two year contract? I'd stop paying him the minute he walked out.

Have no problem if he'd stayed, trained and tried to make it work, but to pay him for two years when he only showed up for 5 months???

I don't think there is any media ban on the story, I just think it's run out of legs due to the way Hawthorn handled it. I'll bet if he gets into trouble in WA the journalists will be falling over themselves to tell us all about it.

The bloke has walked away from the club, why should we pay him out his two year contract? I'd stop paying him the minute he walked out.

Have no problem if he'd stayed, trained and tried to make it work, but to pay him for two years when he only showed up for 5 months???

He's done more than that: he's effectively walked away from a top-line footy career. I can't see any AFL club taking a punt on him now. Passed by everyone first time around. Given a shot by, arguably the club best positioned to 'nurture' him, and packed it in fairly quickly. Couple all of that with persistent questions over his lifestyle and 'decisions', and you have a perfect storm in my view.

I don't think there is any media ban on the story, I just think it's run out of legs due to the way Hawthorn handled it. I'll bet if he gets into trouble in WA the journalists will be falling over themselves to tell us all about it.

And if there were any bad press, I bet you would find the word Hawthorn mentioned more than once!

New recruits are on pretty small contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back