Dayle Garlett - Overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have just taken the risk at pick 101.
Are they hoping not being picked will be a wake up call?
The invitation to train will give us a sustained period of assessing the pros and cons of taking him I guess.

Just read a bit about him, is the reason he didn't get drafted because of a photo of him having a drink & smoke or is it something much deeper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am not normally into picking basket cases but this bloke is worth the risk with a PSD pick. Would have gone top 10 if he was not being led astray by his boof head mates.

Really hope he turns it around if we do pick him up.. his fb (and insight from mutual friends) sure paints a picture of a pretty loose unit. More importantly, if we do pick him, hope our lads have strong character to not be influenced but be a good influence to him.

Undecided still if I want him or not, lucky Im not the one having to make the decision.

boy are you guys gonna be pissed when we take prismall
dam straight i will be, can come up with a list of at least 10 or more that i would want before Prismall again.

How many teams have picks before us?

Could be worth the risk. Get him away from Perth and his situation over there and hopefully he'll man up and act more mature.
GWS (Tippett), GC, Melb, Dogs, Port, Bris, Rich

Really hope he turns it around if we do pick him up.. his fb (and insight from mutual friends) sure paints a picture of a pretty loose unit. More importantly, if we do pick him, hope our lads have strong character to not be influenced but be a good influence to him.

Undecided still if I want him or not, lucky Im not the one having to make the decision.

Hasn't updated his Facebook really since July 2011 from the quick look i had(not being friends with him) so thats over a year ago hopefully turned it around.

Hasn't updated his Facebook really since July 2011 from the quick look i had(not being friends with him) so thats over a year ago hopefully turned it around.

Maybe you dont get to see some updates if you're not a fb friend.. had a quick look and there's definitely a pic of him and our mutual friend out and about on Nov 15.. and also this mutual friend (doesnt play footy) is quite a close friend with Dayle and I've read bits of convo, etc throughout the year that just doesnt fill me with confidence.
Never really concerned me because I never thought there was a chance of him landing at Essendon.

Now Im not writing him completely off here as his talent is undeniable.. if we do pick him I just really hope we have a strong enough culture and support to set him straight and avoid off-field issues.
As I said already, Im undecided on the matter and sitting on the fence regarding his selection.

LOL NO CHANCE. NO CHANCE!

Clubs ****ed up once on draft day and let him slip.

7 clubs won't make that same mistake again!!

Do they all have a PSD pick or is that just the order?

only the clubs that passed in the main draft.
Gws passed twice, port, wb and richmond once. and Port seem into colquhoun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back