Dayle Garlett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why Hawthorn was brought up, their explanation of Buddy's six week "hamstring strain" was a little strange last year!

Even Collingwoods current " quad" injury that has so far had a player out all season.

Why do we need to know the ins and outs of a duck's arse when it comes to injuries anyway? At the end of the day it is someone's personal medical information, do we really have a right to know about it? Except in general terms, I don't think we do.

Maybe but again it's old school amateur hour stuff. In an age of legal gambling under which the AFL and it's clubs benefit there should be greater transparency around injuries.

Again, have a look at the NFL and see the difference in professionalism in this area. The era of trying to get one over someone by pretending a hurt player was fit or vice versa should have ended in the 80's. You really think not being honest about the injury status of Murray Newman benefits the club at all?

I agree.

I was personally told his knee injury was a 5 to 8 week injury rather than the original 3 weeks the club site says.
Also the club is very happy with how hard Newman is working on his rehab, been a big change in his attitude.

Lets hope he plays AFL this year as he is an exceptional talent.
Newman and Gartlett in the same WCE team would be great to watch.

Still think Gartlett will go in the second or third round.

Don't know why Hawthorn was brought up, their explanation of Buddy's six week "hamstring strain" was a little strange last year!

Even Collingwoods current " quad" injury that has so far had a player out all season.

Why do we need to know the ins and outs of a duck's arse when it comes to injuries anyway? At the end of the day it is someone's personal medical information, do we really have a right to know about it? Except in general terms, I don't think we do.

I've missed a season with a quad injury before. In fact I still struggle with It 3 years later and I have to have it warmed up before every training and game to stop it flaring up.

They are a mighty tricky muscle. Nt as tricky as groins/hips - but a recurring quad isn't that strange

Garlett looks the goods doesn't he.
God, drafting has become so difficult.
Screw this AFL new world shite.:( If the boy can play bring him in, and maketh the man.:thumbsu:

Garlett looks the goods doesn't he.
God, drafting has become so difficult.
Screw this AFL new world shite.:( If the boy can play bring him in, and maketh the man.:thumbsu:

Ya good on the kid - he's responded to the criticism on his attitude and is now tearing it up - he's shaping up as a must-get for us in the draft. Jesus, if only we had taken a chance with a rookie pick.

I'd be comfortable taking this kid with our first pick, looks very very good. Huge opportunity lost last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's still there at our first pick then we will comfortably be able to criticise other drafting teams. ;):p

We'll most likely trade away our first pick for Taylor or Jetta if they want to come home.. any chance Garlett will last to our second pick???

We'll most likely trade away our first pick for Taylor or Jetta if they want to come home.. any chance Garlett will last to our second pick???
Better not, I'd take Garlett over Jetta every day of the week.....

Swannies, I see that Brandon Jetta (younger brother of Lewis) is playing for Harvey in the SWFL after winning a league premiership with Busselton last year as a 17 year old.

I heard he was thereabouts playing a few colts games for Swans last year, do you have any mail on him?

Lewis was drafted as a 20 year old, maybe Brandon could be a later developer as well?

If he's still there at our first pick then we will comfortably be able to criticise other drafting teams. ;):p

I'm really confident Jamie Bennell will end up the better footballer in the AFL. I mean why else would we have recruited him???

Bah!

A smoking drinking rebel with no discipline still tears up the WAFL, hate to see what a professional attitude would do to his game

Is it going too far (I don't think it is) to say Garlett is better than Yarran was in his Swans days?

Seriously, we need shooting for not using a rookie pick on him ....

Basically ticks every box for the type of player we are missing

I'm really confident Jamie Bennell will end up the better footballer in the AFL. I mean why else would we have recruited him???

Bah!

A smoking drinking rebel with no discipline still tears up the WAFL, hate to see what a professional attitude would do to his game

TFS - when you can pick up a fringe player at Melbourne recovering from a serious injury you can't possibly pass that up for an elite talent with some maturity issues ....

This is what happens when Corporates influence drafting policy ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back