Draft Profile Dayle Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Garlett has been playing senior footy with Swans and doing a pretty good job. A couple of weeks ago he played against Peel in a televised match and showed his wares with an excellent 2nd half.
He got 1 possession in the first half playing HBF, spending a fair bit of time on the bench. After half time he played midfield and really stood out. He took 2 very nice marks and had 16 possessions in the 2nd half.
He made a few mistakes, but overall showed he has a very bright future. His kicking was very nice, incuding a nice goal for 50 m on about a 50 - 60 degree angle. However, there were time he should have tried to use his right foot and once or twice when he should have used his hands (but did dinky little kicks that didn't quite work).
He didn't try to do it all himself, although he certainly used his pace to run off at every opportunity.

I think he has a fair way to go, but he is making positive steps and should be highly rated come draft time if he keeps his off field behaviour in the green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun player. Showed why there is so much hype for him in the Semi-finals of the WAFL yesterday. Definitely going to be a great player. I know the Bulldogs know of him.

Everyone knows of him.

I really hope he gets out of W.A, will be good for him and hopefully he can focus on his football.

Everyone knows of him.

I really hope he gets out of W.A, will be good for him and hopefully he can focus on his football.
I mean more in the sense the Bulldogs are interested. But fair enough, pretty dumb call hahaha.

Vic4-20120704205826618099-600x400.jpg

West Australia 's Dayle Garlett & Josh Simpson in action. Photo: Joe Armao
Skip to more gallery info and related links

Gun player. Showed why there is so much hype for him in the Semi-finals of the WAFL yesterday. Definitely going to be a great player. I know the Bulldogs know of him.
If there is a club who hasn't had serious talks with Garlett, then there is a club that hasn't done their homework. In the last few weeks we have seen his strengths and his weaknesses, with his strengths being to the fore. Not many guys are as important to their team's success at his age than Garlett has become. It has been a pleasure watching him play this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back